Windows 10: Updated to windows 10 but my password isnt working to get on my laptop

Discus and support Updated to windows 10 but my password isnt working to get on my laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I updated my laptop to windows 10 and now when It restarted its asking for a password which on my windows 8.1 i used a pin number ,but it's not... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DaybiCollazo, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Updated to windows 10 but my password isnt working to get on my laptop

So I updated my laptop to windows 10 and now when It restarted its asking for a password which on my windows 8.1 i used a pin number ,but it's not giving me the option for the pin anymore and the password i was using isnt working which is the same password on my Microsoft account and the phone number that shows up when I hit forgot password is an old number I don't have and no way they can send me code . I paid 5.00 for a tech guy to tell me I need to factory reset my laptop, I'm in school and need it asap for my classes . What else can I do to get my laptop unlocked.

:)

DaybiCollazo, Apr 8, 2020
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Updated to windows 10 but my password isnt working to get on my laptop

Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Updated to windows 10 but my password isnt working to get on my laptop

1. Updated to windows 10 but my password isnt working to get on my laptop - Similar Threads - Updated password isnt

2. My password isnt working on troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My password isnt working on troubleshoot: Last night i decided to leave my laptop open while sleeping, the next day i woke up and my internet was gone. I checked device manager and the wifi adapter seemed to be disabled. I followed tutorials on youtube and one restart later that ended in my pc running into a problem...
  3. My password isnt working on troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My password isnt working on troubleshoot: Last night i decided to leave my laptop open while sleeping, the next day i woke up and my internet was gone. I checked device manager and the wifi adapter seemed to be disabled. I followed tutorials on youtube and one restart later that ended in my pc running into a problem...
  4. My password isnt working on troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My password isnt syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My password isnt syncing: Hey,So when I tried to reset my windows user password, it didnt work since I always used the pin for it, so I tried to use the microsoft account password... that didnt work even though I had reset it and my account is tied to my windows account.. any reason why?My windows...
  6. My password isnt syncing

My password isnt syncing: Hey,So when I tried to reset my windows user password, it didnt work since I always used the pin for it, so I tried to use the microsoft account password... that didnt work even though I had reset it and my account is tied to my windows account.. any reason why?My windows...
  7. My windows update isnt working

My windows update isnt working: For the last couple of months I have not been able to install new windows updates because of how it shows its updating but it stays at 0% or says "download error" screenshots have been providedWhat I tried so far is troubleshooting and restarting the PC but it didn't help. If...
  8. My windows update isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows update isnt working: For the last couple of months I have not been able to install new windows updates because of how it shows its updating but it stays at 0% or says "download error" screenshots have been providedWhat I tried so far is troubleshooting and restarting the PC but it didn't help. If...
  9. My password is not working on my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My password is not working on my laptop: My password is not working for my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-password-is-not-working-on-my-laptop/4ea64bd2-5f0b-474e-9517-a216b148b900
  10. My Laptop Keyboard Isnt Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Laptop Keyboard Isnt Working: So One Day My Friend Wanted Me To See His New Keyboard and see how it felt because he really liked it and the next day when i checked my Device Manager I Had Like 10 Different Keyboards so i was uninstalling the extra once and i think i uninstalled my laptop keyboard i anyone...