Windows 10: Updated to Windows 10 Pro but was never given a license

Discus and support Updated to Windows 10 Pro but was never given a license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I originally bought a physical copy of Windows 10 Home and have an activation key for that. I later purchased Pro on the Microsoft Store and upgraded.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tomahony, Nov 5, 2018.

1. tomahony Win User

Updated to Windows 10 Pro but was never given a license

I originally bought a physical copy of Windows 10 Home and have an activation key for that. I later purchased Pro on the Microsoft Store and upgraded.

I'm now reinstalling Windows. I've installed Windows 10 Home and I've been able to use my original activation key. But when I try to upgrade to Pro again, it asks for a key again and I was never given a Pro key.

How can I get around this, or speak to somebody and get my correct key. The virual assistant is beyond useless and I can't see a number to call anyone in the UK.

:)

tomahony, Nov 5, 2018
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Nov 6, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Updated to Windows 10 Pro but was never given a license - Similar Threads - Updated Pro was

2. Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro License: Dear Team,We need more than 30 Windows 10 Pro licenses.Thanks & RegardsSumit PanwarMobile No 9911172721 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-license/3e02495a-2a18-4047-845c-620a83b71e0a
  3. Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro License: Dear Team,We need more than 30 Windows 10 Pro licenses.Thanks & RegardsSumit PanwarMobile No 9911172721 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-license/3e02495a-2a18-4047-845c-620a83b71e0a
  4. Windows 10 Pro License

Windows 10 Pro License: Hello, i'm Jordani want to ask about windows 10 pro license, is it possible to use 1 product key to all computers in my company.? if yes, where i can buy it? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-license/6cc5d07c-ea59-460e-a82e-74b26b08574e
  5. Windows 10 Pro License

Windows 10 Pro License: Dear Team,I am always afraid with the Windows licensing even Microsoft 365 licenses for my customers, Even i checked in my community i could not get any satisfactory reply. Below are my queries please clear.Questions:- 11- What kind of Windows 10 OR Windows 11 License is...
  6. Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro License: Dear Team,I am always afraid with the Windows licensing even Microsoft 365 licenses for my customers, Even i checked in my community i could not get any satisfactory reply. Below are my queries please clear.Questions:- 11- What kind of Windows 10 OR Windows 11 License is...
  7. I ordered Windows 10 and created an ISO but was never given a product key

I ordered Windows 10 and created an ISO but was never given a product key: I ordered Windows 10 and created an ISO but was never given a product key. The key was displayed right after I completed the purchase but as soon as I clicked the install button it went away and I cannot access it. I have no way of knowing what it is....
  8. The license of Windows 10 Pro.

The license of Windows 10 Pro.: The license of Windows 10 Pro on my laptop is getting over and I know about the code to continue using my Win10Pro but I got a problem: I bought my laptop in another country and I'm not there right now. May be exist other ways for solve this. Please help!...
  9. Windows 10 Pro license

Windows 10 Pro license: Hi, Just bought a Windows 10 Pro and installed it on my Yoga 13... I will be receiving a Yoga 930 on monday and would like to use that license. If not, can I revert back to just Windows 10 on the old laptop and have Windows 10 pro on the new one? Will this be acceptable?...
  10. Windows 10 Pro License

Windows 10 Pro License: My license works on windows 10 1909 and below, but when i use windows 10 2004 my pro license not working and cannot activated with error code ... I forgot what code it is, right now im using windows 1909 and already tried many times upgrade and downgrade but i cannot activate...