Windows 10: Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10

Discus and support Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiI just got a new laptop and updated it to Windows 11 when I was prompt after I turned the computer on. The update was successful. But in my login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alice600, May 18, 2022.

1. Alice600 Win User

Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10

HiI just got a new laptop and updated it to Windows 11 when I was prompt after I turned the computer on. The update was successful. But in my login page, I am getting this message: "Your device needs updates to stay protected. Install a newer version of Windows 10."How do I get rid of this message? I checked my Windows Updates but there is nothing else to update.

:)

Alice600, May 18, 2022
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, May 18, 2022
  3. Download Windows 10 TH/RS

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, May 18, 2022
  4. Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10

Get Windows 10 now, no line, Force the update

If your tired of waiting like I was on a few machines, here is the simple way to get Windows 10 Update to forcibly start ahead of waiting in the line.

1: Go to Windows Update, change the settings by clicking both check boxes under Microsoft Update and Recommended Updates.

2: Then Change the Important Updates Area to say "Install updates Automatically" on the drop down menu.

3: Next open up CMD by right clicking on it and saying "Run as Administrator" (If you do not know where CMD is just click the start search area and type CMD)

4: Once CMD is opened, type this command (But do not hit enter yet) wuauclt.exe /updatenow

5: Next go back to the Windows update area and click "Check for Updates"

6: Now go back to the CMD line and hit enter

You should now be downloading Windows 10.

It worked on every machine I have done this method for, you just have to have all the settings exactly what I listed and it works fine (Some people were not changing the Important Updates area drop down to say "Install Updates Automatically" which I found is required).

Hope this helps some of yall who want to get Windows 10 now, works great for me!

GhostRyder, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10

1. Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Updated getting message

2. Cant update to newer version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant update to newer version of Windows 11: I'm stuck on build 22621.463 and I cant update to 10.0.22622.601 ni_release nor I could to previous releases. I reset Windows Update components, but it didn't help and run sfc scannow + DISM. Installing goes to 45% and then I get Error – 0x80070002 and some others, which I...
  3. Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10: HiI just got a new laptop and updated it to Windows 11 when I was prompt after I turned the computer on. The update was successful. But in my login page, I am getting this message: "Your device needs updates to stay protected. Install a newer version of Windows 10."How do I...
  4. Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10: HiI just got a new laptop and updated it to Windows 11 when I was prompt after I turned the computer on. The update was successful. But in my login page, I am getting this message: "Your device needs updates to stay protected. Install a newer version of Windows 10."How do I...
  5. Updated to Windows 11, getting message to update a newer version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 will not update to a newer version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not update to a newer version: I am trying to update Windows to the most latest version from what I have now. I keep getting the error code "error 0x800700c1" when the update is installing. I have even tried to reset windows but it fails every time telling me "There was a problem resetting your PC. No...
  7. Windows 10 will not update to a newer version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will not update to a newer version: I am trying to update Windows to the most latest version from what I have now. I keep getting the error code "error 0x800700c1" when the update is installing. I have even tried to reset windows but it fails every time telling me "There was a problem resetting your PC. No...
  8. Windows 10 will not update to a newer version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. updating to a newer version of windows

updating to a newer version of windows: Hi all. I am having a real issue with my Asus Notebook that is driving me nuts. I keep getting a message that advises my current version of windows will soon be too old and will have support withdrawn so I was trying to update my notebook to a newer windows version. No...
  10. updating of newer version of windows 10

updating of newer version of windows 10: will updating the new version of windown 10 from previous version of windows 10 delete date and files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-of-newer-version-of-windows-10/43e6901a-8a60-49fa-bf8e-8783afe69537