Windows 10: Updated today 3-24-20, now computer won't boot up

Discus and support Updated today 3-24-20, now computer won't boot up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated when Windows prompted me to, said I was due for update. So I did and restarted my computer. Nothing. If I push the power button I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by njsCNM, Mar 26, 2020.

1. njsCNM Win User

Updated today 3-24-20, now computer won't boot up

I updated when Windows prompted me to, said I was due for update. So I did and restarted my computer.

Nothing. If I push the power button I get a blank screen that says "Check HDMI-IN cable". I do not have HDMI connected to it.

This is a newer purchased 12-2019 HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-xa0024.

Sending this from another HP, laptop. It also wants me to update......that wont be happening.

Any help appreciated. I do have this laptop that also runs Win 10 so maybe a bootable flash drive? I need some way to access the computer. I tried unplugging it after maybe 15 minutes of a blank screen and nothing.

:)

njsCNM, Mar 26, 2020
  2. nmrm Win User

computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

computer won't boot but has power

I would still say try a different PSU... here is a solid budget power supply:

EVGA 430 W1, 80+ WHITE 430W, 3 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-W1-0430-KR, Black:Amazon:Computers & Accessories

Interesting with the NIC connection...not sure what to make of that. What are your system specs? Make/Model of all your components? Check my system spec's for an example.

Honestly I would do process of elimination to another step...and that step would be the PSU. If nothing changes after that..I would try to force flash the CMOS if possible..to ensure no corruptions lie within that.

I would also try as I suggested above and try to boot with minimal hardware... you need an STDIN...Keyboard, STDOUT...VGA, CPU, stick of RAM and power to be able to perform POST on the mainboard. So starting with that would be a great place to go next.

If nothing changes..depending on what you're running a different CPU might be the next step... by the time you're done...you might have built a different PC. But you'll also have more experience in PC diagnostics which is a huge plus for odd issues like these...wish it was in front of me so I could examine and diagnose.

Kursah, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Updated today 3-24-20, now computer won't boot up - Similar Threads - Updated today computer

2. I downloaded a new update today and now my computer won't start up. I'm stuck on a blue...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I downloaded a new update today and now my computer won't start up. I'm stuck on a blue...: I've tried. Startup repair, system restore, unistall updates, restart. Nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-a-new-update-today-and-now-my/e4479c60-0459-4dfe-acdf-6e7c0891052d
  3. I downloaded a new update today and now my computer won't start up. I'm stuck on a blue...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I downloaded a new update today and now my computer won't start up. I'm stuck on a blue...: I've tried. Startup repair, system restore, unistall updates, restart. Nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-a-new-update-today-and-now-my/e4479c60-0459-4dfe-acdf-6e7c0891052d
  4. Computer won't boot up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer won't boot up.: Friends computer was hacked, He had bank seal his accounts, no harm, hacker did something and computer will not boot up, Two technicians have not been able to fix it. Do any of those Thumb Drive repairs advertised on the internet work. They say they go in and remove viruses...
  5. 'Optional' Update TODAY - Feb. 24

'Optional' Update TODAY - Feb. 24: There are 2 Updates today. One, KB4601382, is "Optional". This WILL come March 9th, but, from myself, certainly recommend go ahead & grab it, now. Cheers, Drew...
  6. Computer won't boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't boot up: So basically I am stuck on the choose an option screen. When I first start the pc I get a black screen all the way, but then I force shut down by holding the power button, and I get put on the infinite choose an option screen. When I check the bios my SSD and my hard drive...
  7. Computer won't boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot up: Hallo, I can't boot up anymore my laptop. It shows smart hard disk error. Otherwise if I continue to start my laptop it tries to repair itself. That goes on in a loop or the screen just stays on but nothing happens. I cant get into Bios advanced settings. Or boot the...
  8. WIN updated 3/22, Outlook won't open today

WIN updated 3/22, Outlook won't open today: Running WIN 10, Office 365 Home. Turned on laptop this morning, Outlook didn't open. No error message - I click on icon and nothing happens. I click on Windows icon in lower left, type in Outlook, and search just hangs. I try to open Outlook.exe, just hangs. Checked event...
  9. Todays Update took 20+ Minutes!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Todays Update took 20+ Minutes!: Why does this happen? I did today's Windows 10 64 bit and Office 2016 64 bit update and it took over 20 minutes to download and install. Am I the only one? It seems to be good. 79355
  10. Windows 10 Update & Now Computer won't Boot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update & Now Computer won't Boot: A few weeks ago I took an update to Windows 10. When the system rebooted I received a white screen and an error saying "Can't read instructions form address blah, blah, blah'. I clicked OK and just had the white screen. Now, when I boot up I get the windows logo and the...