Windows 10: Updated username with 'netplwiz' but still showing incorrect in users on C Drive

Discus and support Updated username with 'netplwiz' but still showing incorrect in users on C Drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have updated my username using 'netplwiz' but in 'c drive, users' the name is still incorrect. I tried through the settings, change an account but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Louise Rainsford, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Updated username with 'netplwiz' but still showing incorrect in users on C Drive

Hi,I have updated my username using 'netplwiz' but in 'c drive, users' the name is still incorrect. I tried through the settings, change an account but 'change account name' isn't showing.I have windows 11.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

:)

Louise Rainsford, Jan 30, 2023

2. Incorrect Username in Windows 10 User folder

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

You may follow the steps suggested by
    Sayan_Ghosh (replied on November 12, 2015) in the following threads and check if it helps

Windows 10 incorrect username in C:\Users\xxx

Redirecting

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Where does netplwiz store/read it's username list?

Hi,

I would like to know where netplwiz gets it list of usernames from to implement it into C# code for retrieving usernames. This would be a great help and a better method than getting it from ProfileList in the registry if the user hasn't created it's profile
    yet.

Many Thanks,

Aramus

AramusRaynier, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Updated username with 'netplwiz' but still showing incorrect in users on C Drive

Username change in C: drive

I tried to change my username in powershell and now when I run as admin in powershell, Get-LocalUser gives me the username that I tried adding. Although in cmd window, c:\Users still shows the old one.

And in cmd window, it reads user - Alias not found if I type wmic user account list full .

Pinar Toptas, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

Updated username with 'netplwiz' but still showing incorrect in users on C Drive

1. Updated username with 'netplwiz' but still showing incorrect in users on C Drive - Similar Threads - Updated username 'netplwiz'

2. Old user still exists on C drive, new user does not exist on C drive but still exists...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old user still exists on C drive, new user does not exist on C drive but still exists...: I recently turned in my laptop for repair after I got a blue screen error. The error led to the laptop not being able to boot since no boot service was being detected. The repair comments state that Windows was restored to original factory settings. I set up the laptop and...
  3. Old user still exists on C drive, new user does not exist on C drive but still exists...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old user still exists on C drive, new user does not exist on C drive but still exists...: I recently turned in my laptop for repair after I got a blue screen error. The error led to the laptop not being able to boot since no boot service was being detected. The repair comments state that Windows was restored to original factory settings. I set up the laptop and...
  4. My username does not appear as USER on C: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My username does not appear as USER on C: drive: My username does not appear as USER on C: drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-username-does-not-appear-as-user-on-c-drive/b6ac6888-4b41-4172-92f0-bc510d0d19ae
  5. My username does not appear as USER on C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My username does not appear as USER on C: drive: My username does not appear as USER on C: drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-username-does-not-appear-as-user-on-c-drive/b6ac6888-4b41-4172-92f0-bc510d0d19ae
  6. My username does not appear as USER on C: drive

7. Updated username with 'netplwiz' but still showing incorrect in users on C Drive

Updated username with 'netplwiz' but still showing incorrect in users on C Drive: Hi,I have updated my username using 'netplwiz' but in 'c drive, users' the name is still incorrect. I tried through the settings, change an account but 'change account name' isn't showing.I have windows 11.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks...
  8. Changing C:\Users\USERNAME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing C:\Users\USERNAME: When setting up a computer, you are initially prompted to create a username. Once this name is created, how can it be changed? To be clear, you can change your personal account name (found under Settings>Account>Your Info), but this does not change C:\Users\USERNAME (or...
  9. Equivalent of "c:\Users\username"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Equivalent of "c:\Users\username": I know that "C\Users\username" has an equivalent form which looks like "%something%." What goes between the percent signs? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/equivalent-of-cusersusername/772b8b4a-dade-4a99-b7e5-3d69fe7f88b6"
  10. Incorrect UserName

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect UserName: Hello, I installed Windows 10 last May and it choose the first 5 letters of my Hotmail username. I tried to modify that from User Account but then it kind of created a second layer of user name: i.e. I have C:\Users\cdnhe and I also have a folder with the other name in my...