Windows 10: Updated virus software now can’t log back in.

Discus and support Updated virus software now can’t log back in. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi i have uodated mcafee virus siftware on hp pavilion. Now cannot log back in to laptop it keeos saying password incorrect despite uodating it ok on... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Greenbird10, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Updated virus software now can’t log back in.

Hi i have uodated mcafee virus siftware on hp pavilion. Now cannot log back in to laptop it keeos saying password incorrect despite uodating it ok on microsoft website . Havevtried to reset using F11 but you need to use passwd again and its still saying incorrect passwd. I’m stuck, can anyone advise?

:)

Greenbird10, Oct 17, 2020

2. Virus software

Please do also read:

and also the other interesting and informational topics covered in:
    Best Practices for Safe Computing - Prevention of Malware Infection

And: Do get a good advertisment blocker. Personally, I use uBlock Origin which not only blocks advertisments but also lots of other unwanted stuff...

Suggestion to read:

Hope that helps,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Ṣmeed Win User
    what is the best free anti virus software listed on microsoft site

-

I guess you are talking about this list:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18900/consumer-antivirus-software-providers-for-windows

There does not exist THE best free antivirus product.

Personally, I use and recommend switching to a paid antivirus product on Windows 7.

Suggest reading all of
    Answers to common security questions - Best Practices

especially

Ṣmeed, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User
Thema:

Updated virus software now can’t log back in.

1. Updated virus software now can’t log back in. - Similar Threads - Updated virus software

2. Can’t log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t log in: I have a account on my pc I just logged in and restarting it and now I can’t log in saying g set up my pin then does nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in/e1921e90-d19d-485d-8d9f-6d1dee02c2c9
  3. Can’t log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t log in: Hello I’ve got myself stuck in a situation where my computer won’t let me log in for two hours I have waited more than that I’ve been waiting for weeks and it still hasn’t worked. Is there a chance I can get it unlocked if I send the password and email? Also if I was to put...
  4. I can’t log in back to windows :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t log in back to windows :: I was having hella problems using Premiere Pro, so I tried to fix it using a suggestion I saw on the internet, that basically was telling me to create another user containing Admin permissions and solve the problem by using it. The problem is that I cannot login to the new...
  5. I can’t log in back to windows :

I can’t log in back to windows :: I was having hella problems using Premiere Pro, so I tried to fix it using a suggestion I saw on the internet, that basically was telling me to create another user containing Admin permissions and solve the problem by using it. The problem is that I cannot login to the new...
  6. I can’t log in back to windows :

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Software Update Maybe Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Software Update Maybe Virus: I keep getting this pop up for a couple different apps that says a software update is available but the appearance of the window and is unfamiliar to me and I want to make sure this is not a malware. Can anyone please confirm whether this is normal operation or not?...
  8. Can’t log back into pc in safe mode

Can’t log back into pc in safe mode: I used amd clean and ask me to go into safe mode because of error. I did so but now when i go to log in screen i cant type in my password. Mouse doesnt work or keybourd it seems. But if i open command prompt i can type. Is there any way i can get into my windows and maybe...
  9. Latest windows 10 update and now can’t log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows 10 update and now can’t log in: ok so the desktop did the latest windows update last night. Turned the desktop on tonight and it finished doing the install. go to log in and get the can’t log you into your account. Tried to reset the password (and multiple times too) and that has not worked either. Any...
  10. adobe virus log updated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    adobe virus log updated: C:\windows\system32\catroot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\Adobe-Flash-For-Windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384 C:\Windows\System32\catroot2\dberr.txt C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingRenames\9f3925df7991d401439c000040079008.atmfd.dll...