Windows 10: Updated virus software now can’t log back in.

Discus and support Updated virus software now can’t log back in. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi i have uodated mcafee virus siftware on hp pavilion. Now cannot log back in to laptop it keeos saying password incorrect despite uodating it ok on... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Greenbird10, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Updated virus software now can’t log back in.

Hi i have uodated mcafee virus siftware on hp pavilion. Now cannot log back in to laptop it keeos saying password incorrect despite uodating it ok on microsoft website . Havevtried to reset using F11 but you need to use passwd again and its still saying incorrect passwd. I’m stuck, can anyone advise?

:)

Greenbird10, Oct 17, 2020

2. Virus software

Please do also read:

and also the other interesting and informational topics covered in:
    Best Practices for Safe Computing - Prevention of Malware Infection

And: Do get a good advertisment blocker. Personally, I use uBlock Origin which not only blocks advertisments but also lots of other unwanted stuff...

Suggestion to read:

Hope that helps,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Ṣmeed Win User
    what is the best free anti virus software listed on microsoft site

-

I guess you are talking about this list:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18900/consumer-antivirus-software-providers-for-windows

There does not exist THE best free antivirus product.

Personally, I use and recommend switching to a paid antivirus product on Windows 7.

Suggest reading all of
    Answers to common security questions - Best Practices

especially

Ṣmeed, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User
Thema:

Updated virus software now can’t log back in.

1. Updated virus software now can’t log back in. - Similar Threads - Updated virus software

2. Can’t log in to windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t log in to windows: I just installed windows and everything was working great until I turned my computer off and went to do something. I came back 20 minutes later and I when I got to the windows lock screen and clicked, it wouldn’t let me type in my pin, nor does the bar where you would even...
  3. Updates and now logged out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates and now logged out: I installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 the other day. Since then, every time I come onto my laptop, my OneDrive account, Outlook account and even Google Chrome are all logged out and I need to log back into all these accounts again everytime I come on the...
  4. Anti Virus Software

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anti Virus Software: Hi, Do I need to renew my Norton's 360 subscription if Windows 10 now has an upgraded Windows Defender built in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus-software/a3942b28-92aa-409f-adcb-ec13fc5bbb94
  5. Can’t log in to pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t log in to pc: I had recently downlaoded a game off of a launcher ehich came with something called segurazo which i think was a virus, so i tried to go in to windows safe mode but when i went there it asked me for a password, normally it would ask for a pin. It wouldnt work so i reset the...
  6. I can’t log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can’t log in: So this story of how i got in this situation starts here I downloaded this app and it gave me malware so i tried to use an app that kills malware and that didn’t work so i restarted my pc and deleted everything windows reinstalled and everything was good i went to log in and...
  7. Can’t log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t log in: My PC is stuck at the startup screen. And when i go to the login screen, the whole screen goes black for 1 or 2 minutes, then it goes back to the startup screen. How do you fix this?...
  8. Latest windows 10 update and now can’t log in

Latest windows 10 update and now can’t log in: ok so the desktop did the latest windows update last night. Turned the desktop on tonight and it finished doing the install. go to log in and get the can’t log you into your account. Tried to reset the password (and multiple times too) and that has not worked either. Any...
  9. adobe virus log updated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    adobe virus log updated: C:\windows\system32\catroot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\Adobe-Flash-For-Windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384 C:\Windows\System32\catroot2\dberr.txt C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingRenames\9f3925df7991d401439c000040079008.atmfd.dll...
  10. Can’t log In after latest Microsoft update

Can’t log In after latest Microsoft update: Hi. I hope you can help me My Gemini laptop runs on Windows 10 ,after installing another update i am unable to log in now . Aldo When I power up my pc it is taking 5 minutes or more to start up , when I try to enter my password it doesn’t recognise it . Unfortunately I...