Windows 10: Updated win 7 to win 10 250GB now nearly full and machine slow.

Discus and support Updated win 7 to win 10 250GB now nearly full and machine slow. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I find that the machine is very slow and liable to crash.I see there is a folder Windows Old taking about 50% of drive ! can this be safely deleted or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterLockyer3, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Updated win 7 to win 10 250GB now nearly full and machine slow.

I find that the machine is very slow and liable to crash.I see there is a folder Windows Old taking about 50% of drive ! can this be safely deleted or moved to another location?

:)

PeterLockyer3, Jun 15, 2021

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Jun 15, 2021
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Jun 15, 2021
  4. lucasbuck Win User

Updated win 7 to win 10 250GB now nearly full and machine slow.

Sharing between Win 10 and Win 7

I have Windows Media Center set up on Win 7 on one machine. When I got to Network on the 10 machine, the 7 machine is listed, as well as all the drives on it. When I try to open any folder is says I don't have permission to access it. Everything I can find is set to share with everyone, all permissions. I don;t know which machine is having the problem. Any suggestions?

lucasbuck, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Updated win 7 to win 10 250GB now nearly full and machine slow.

1. Updated win 7 to win 10 250GB now nearly full and machine slow. - Similar Threads - Updated 250GB nearly

2. Interesting BSOD Sequence on Upgraded Machine win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Interesting BSOD Sequence on Upgraded Machine win 7 to win 10: I'm looking for some assistance/recommendations for troubleshooting various BSOD errors I have encountered on my older win7 computer which was upgraded to windows 10 last year. I had a variety of BSOD issues over ~5 months IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, Memory_Managment,...
  3. Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine: I'm up to 3 attempts at installing an XP machine on Hyper V (Windows 10 Pro), and though I can get the machine to run, I cannot find the browser I installed. Using the Hyper V tutorial, I followed carefully the points of unblocking both WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe and Opera's...
  4. update win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update win 7 to win 10: When trying to update windows 7 pro to windows 10 home I get the message : We couldn't install Windows 10 0xC19101-0x20017 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation . what to do?...
  5. Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 - Now Win 10 feels really slow and unresponsive compared with...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 - Now Win 10 feels really slow and unresponsive compared with...: So after i updated to Win 10 (from win 7) i noticed that the win 10 system feels slower and i get tons of unresponsive app tasks, like opening the file explorer takes mostly 5-7 seconds (compared to less than 1 second in Win 7). During the first 3 hours i also noticed than...
  6. updating win 7 to win 10

updating win 7 to win 10: i have a dell desktop with win 7 pro. have tried 2 days to upgrade to win 10 with no success. when checking for updated it tells me i have to unistall avira anti virus. done that, plus download trouble shooter to no avail. looking for advice...
  7. Unable to update Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to update Win 7 to Win 10: I have a Acer Aspire Netbook running win 7, used mainly for image and powerpoint viewing and playing Freecell. I have been unable to move to Win 10. Trying to download and install goes on for up to 6 hrs without any sign of completion. Trying the update button goes to 23%...
  8. Updated to win 10 from win 7 and now no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updated to win 10 from win 7 and now no sound: So I am using an older laptop HP Dv9700, when I was running win 7 64 bit sound worked fine, updated to win 10 last night, the last night I could and now I don't have any sound from either the speakers or my headphones. I have been told to download either Realtek HD audio...
  9. No update notice with Win 7 for Win 10?

No update notice with Win 7 for Win 10?: After my husband recently upgraded and tried Win 10, I would also like to have it too, but I have updated my Win 7 version through the updates page and no where can I see where to upgrade to Win 10? He received a Win 10 upgrade notice a few months back for preordering, but I...
  10. Update win 7 to win 10

Update win 7 to win 10: Well after a success with my 8.1 desktop I have upgraded my win 7 laptop all went well note this upgrade takes three hours worked ok for a while & for some reason apps would only stay open for a second or two very strange decided to do restart it now seems to be working ok,...