Windows 10: Updated Win7 to Win10 and Now Can't Access Networked Computers

Discus and support Updated Win7 to Win10 and Now Can't Access Networked Computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just updated my Windows 7 Pro laptop to Windows 10 Pro (1903) and now I can no longer see other computers on my home network. The others have both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Linebam, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Linebam Win User

Updated Win7 to Win10 and Now Can't Access Networked Computers

I just updated my Windows 7 Pro laptop to Windows 10 Pro (1903) and now I can no longer see other computers on my home network. The others have both been Win10 machines for some time (recently updated to 1903) and I was able to see them in my Win7 network (via HomeGroup settings, I suppose) and connect to share files/printers. Now, they no longer show up in my Network nor in File Explorer. Surprisingly, they can both see my upgraded machine. Why can't I access them when they can access me?

Please help! Thanks.

:)

Linebam, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Scoobydu Win User

homegroup win10 not recognize printer & scanner on win7 computer

Thank you so much for the quick response to my problem.

my devices I am trying to access on the win7 computer are:

Printer: Stylus Photo R200

Scanner: Perfection 4180

I had these originally on my computer B4 win10 install. After the install they did not work. That is why I connected to my other win7 computer. The win7 is within my Homegroup and when I access thru win10 I get access to docs, picts, videos, etc but not
    the above devices. Reversing this, accessing my win10 computer from the win7, I get the icon my Epson Workforce 310 printer which I set up on the win7 computer for printing as well as the above devices.

Went to Epson website on the win7 comp & found the recommended driver for win7. Did the same on the win10 comp to find drivers for win10. (Did not update these drivers yet.) Apparently they have 2 different drivers dependent on WIN version. Both drivers
    are up to date.

Is it possible the drivers are not compatible and this accounts for these devices not showing up on the win10 machine? Don't know if win10 driver will work on win7. I may try to set these up on win10 machine. If work can upgrade win7 to win10.

I tried steps 1 & 2. Step 3, I know I have devices set to show on the network.

Any other suggestions/comments??

Scoobydu, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7

Hi,

I recently changed my work computer from a Win7 to a Win10 computer. All our network shares are kept on one old Win2K3 server (I know old, but I'm not in charge of upgrading that).

From my Win10 computer I cannot access two network shares out of several needed. The error says that I don't have any permissions. At the same time I can access them from my Win7 computer.

I checked a few suggestions from google (turn on network discovery, file sharing - on, pasword protected sharing, ...) no luck. Most of the suggestions found are for a scenario where I couldn't access any network shares. But this is not the case. Only two are giving me trouble. Even the way permission is granted is the same for all shares - a Security Group in our AD. I also tried changing AllowInsecureGuestAuth in the registry - nothing.

It was fine till some updates got installed. I've uninstalled them (except KB3211320, which cannot be uninstalled) of them and it worked for a while. Till the next updates (which were only for MS Office and not for Windows).

Any ideas?

KaralisArturs, Aug 9, 2019
  4. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Updated Win7 to Win10 and Now Can't Access Networked Computers - Similar Threads - Updated Win7 Win10

2. Networking issue Accessing Win10 & WIN7 computers vise-versa on wi-fi networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking issue Accessing Win10 & WIN7 computers vise-versa on wi-fi networking: Hi Greetings!I am using a networking in my office in which some computers are running on Win7 and some on Win10 inclusing laptop.We have connected all computers through Wi-fi networking system on auto DHPC.My problem is that all computes/laptops having Win7 are accessible to...
  3. Win10 and win7 network woes

Win10 and win7 network woes: Hi, I have 3 pc's in a network, 2 are running windows 10 and 1 is running windows7 When I had just 2 connected win10 and win 7 both could see each other and exchange files without issue. Occasionally however the win7 machine would struggle to see the win10 machine....
  4. troubleshooting local network file access between win7 and win10

troubleshooting local network file access between win7 and win10: I think I have the discovery, encription, pwd off, c file system share settings on both, but the win10 system cannot see the win7 one, and the win7 one can see the win10 one, but says the access is not allowed. What can I check now? I will recheck the win10 c drive...
  5. Windows 10 can't access files on Win7 computer

Windows 10 can't access files on Win7 computer: Hello, I just set up a new computer and I'm trying to transfer a whole lot of files from the old computer to the new one. I see that there is no more Homegroup in Win 10 but I read an article that said you can disable password protected sharing on the computer that you...
  6. Win10/Win7 Print Networking Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10/Win7 Print Networking Problem: I have a home network that was set up with all win7 machines and a HP LaserJet 4050 lpt printer attached to one of them. All machines had access thru the network to this one printer. I recently purchased a new win10 computer (Dell Precision 3630) to which I have attached the...
  7. Networking Win10 with Win7

Networking Win10 with Win7: how to connect a win 10 pc with a win 7 pc in a local network via wifi ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-win10-with-win7/31128bd4-e0ca-434b-9f02-73990826111c
  8. How to network Win10 to win7 with no homegroup in win 10 now?

How to network Win10 to win7 with no homegroup in win 10 now?: Sorry if this is common but I upgraded a machine to win10 yesterday and I want to transfer over my files from my win7 unit. Home group is talked about a lot in the tutorials on the web but seemingly in a recent upgrade that is no longer an option in win10. So can some...
  9. trouble accessing Win7 computer using NETWORK in Explorer from Win10

trouble accessing Win7 computer using NETWORK in Explorer from Win10: I have three computers (two are running Windows 7 and one is running Windows 10). I am trying to share files between the three machines. From both windows 7 machines, I can access all three machines. However, I cannot access either windows 7 machine from my windows 10...
  10. Desktop (Win10) is denying me access to laptop (Win7) over network

Desktop (Win10) is denying me access to laptop (Win7) over network: I just replaced my Win7 desktop PC with a Win10 PC and I'm trying to access my Win7 laptop over my network (wired). I can see the laptop in File Explorer, and when I click on it I can see the drives and top level folders, but if I click on any of them I get a Network Error:...