Windows 10: Updated windows(10) and drivers(amd) now everything’s messed up

Discus and support Updated windows(10) and drivers(amd) now everything’s messed up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; To start, I cannot access just about ANYTHING. I have an Asus amd desktop gaming computer. I’d tell you more about it if I could access the specs. It’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sannaelf, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Sannaelf Win User

Updated windows(10) and drivers(amd) now everything’s messed up

To start, I cannot access just about ANYTHING. I have an Asus amd desktop gaming computer. I’d tell you more about it if I could access the specs. It’s hooked up via hdmi to my tv. After the updates, my dad and I dusted the inside of my desktop. A lot less blue screens resulted but there’s still problems. I used windows defender and Deep freeze only it hasn’t been activated ina few years. I figured since windows updated successfully I’d see if my drivers would need updating. That went fine then until it prompted a restart. After that it was nearly constant blue screens. I couldn’t see the error to look up since the screen was blown up and I could only see the upper left corner. The qr code was there but the very bottom was cut off and wouldn’t scan. After restarting, I noticed I couldn’t click on Start Menu, settings wouldn’t open, and I couldn’t right click on taskbar icons. Idk if this helps, but a few months after I got Fallout 4 it would blue screen. The more I played the more blue. Any other game didn’t do that. Once I stopped the bsods would be less frequent until they just stopped. Haven’t played in about a year. I think they were mainly memory_managment bsods and occasionally random ones I don’t remember. My dad tried to help but nothing was working. He thinks it’s a virus, but why would this crap only happen after UPDATING? I’m pretty sure windows didn’t fully or properly update and I didn’t notice until after the driver updates. I completely reset the computer. (I couldn’t access settings and do a factory reset, though I’m unsure if this is the same thing?) So there’s nothing on it but win10. Upon it completing, I’m prompted with an account labeled “other user”. I tried all my emails and passwords, nothing. After Looking online, I went into safe mode administrator account and get prompted with "C\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable" There’s nothing but a black screen, recycling bin and a taskbar with nothing working. I can’t do anything but restart. Right click wasn’t working. Upon restarting, it brings me to an administrator account that’s disabled. At this point it seems I can only access safe mode and bios if that helps. These seem to be problems that people I’ve seen online get separately and not at once like I do. I’ve tried solving these problems individually before resetting but to no avail. Obviously I’m a bit of a noob at this stuff. I know a bit about computers but not much. If there’s still hope, what can I do? Is it all possible To downgrade to win8 at this point? This computer has only had win10 on it. I’ve had this desktop since ‘14 i believe. I’m starting to think it’s fried or I royally fudged up somewhere.

:)

Sannaelf, Sep 13, 2018

2. AMD Driver for Windows 10 not Functioning

Hi,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problems with AMD Drivers.

Please follow the steps given below to resolve this issue.

Uninstall and Reinstall the AMD
    Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the AMDDrivers.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the AMDDrivers from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”.
    On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    AMDDrivers and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Updating AMD Driverswindows 10 how to update the AMD drivers without any of their Private Branding components

Hi,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    If the issue still persists then i suggest you to contact the AMD manufacturer support website and check if it helps.

Please refer the below link for the same.

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

Hope this helps regarding updating the AMD display drivers. Please contact us if you are facing issues further we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Updated windows(10) and drivers(amd) now everything’s messed up - Similar Threads - Updated drivers amd

2. Why does Windows Update keep messing up my AMD Adrenalin Driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Update keep messing up my AMD Adrenalin Driver?: ACER Nitro 5AMD Ryzen 5 3550HAMD Radeon RX 560XMy driver gets messed up every single time Windows has an update, so I always end up having to reset my driver and download a new one from AMD's site. Is there a way for me to prevent Windows from doing this? This has been going...
  3. Why does Windows Update keep messing up my AMD Adrenalin Driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows Update keep messing up my AMD Adrenalin Driver?: ACER Nitro 5AMD Ryzen 5 3550HAMD Radeon RX 560XMy driver gets messed up every single time Windows has an update, so I always end up having to reset my driver and download a new one from AMD's site. Is there a way for me to prevent Windows from doing this? This has been going...
  4. Why does Windows Update keep messing up my AMD Adrenalin Driver?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. AMD Update in Windows Update Mess Up My Current Drivers.

AMD Update in Windows Update Mess Up My Current Drivers.: The Windows Update keeps messing with my current and updated drivers from AMD website. When Windows update automatically updates this display something. My updated software makes an error, and of course, I reinstall again and again the drivers from AMD because if I stick to...
  6. Microphone is messed up now

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone is messed up now: I was trying to fix my mic to play phasmophobia with a friend and in the process I set all my settings to default and now I am very quiet to my friends on discord and my audio sounds extremely weird and I can now hear background noises where I couldn't before. Can someone...
  7. Onedrive messed everything up help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Onedrive messed everything up help: I accidentally synchronized Onedrive with my folders and now I can't delete the folders created by onedrive because i'm getting a "Data in the reparse point buffer is invalid" error. I also don't know how to change my desktop folder to the previous one because now everything...
  8. Please help, everything is messed up

Please help, everything is messed up: Ok so I’ve had this problem for a long time and I’m finally done with putting up with it, I need to fix it, please if you have a solution say it! Here is my problems: 1.) Cannot open Microsoft Store and any Microsoft store apps 2.) Cannot open Settings and no type of...
  9. Update Messed up everything, cant revert.

Update Messed up everything, cant revert.: Recently saw all the posts/news about some Secruity problem and told repeatedly to Update wins10, so for once i did, complete mistake. Games refuse to open, everything i open from jump menu (Steam games, notepad files, etc.) either don't launch or 'bout 3 mins to actually...
  10. Update to 1809 messed up almost everything

Update to 1809 messed up almost everything: I've updated a dozen of other computers to 1809 and had no problems. But those were mainly default setups, no advanced users. I thought it's time for me as advanced user to upgrade my Win 10 to 1809. And I did it. Jawww….disaster! :( Upon first reboot, my profile was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix messed up driver free amd

2. AMD New Drivers messed up my computer

3. Updated drivers windows 10 now everything is blown up