Windows 10: Updated Windows 10 computer and now Speakers are missing

Discus and support Updated Windows 10 computer and now Speakers are missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I updated by Windows 10 Laptops, i noticed no sound was emerging from it anymore. When i hover over the speaker symbol it says that "No speakers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanielS.4, Aug 28, 2020.

1. DanielS.4 Win User

Updated Windows 10 computer and now Speakers are missing

After I updated by Windows 10 Laptops, i noticed no sound was emerging from it anymore. When i hover over the speaker symbol it says that "No speakers or headphones are plugged in" when i have used built in speakers for the majority of my time using this device. I also can no longer find the spearkers in the device manager. If anyone knows what to do, please answer.

:)

DanielS.4, Aug 28, 2020

2. [SOLVED] Windows 10 Realtek 'Speaker Fill' not working

Found a solution.

#1: Close Nehimic (setup does not auto-close it) and uninstall if it is installed.

#2: Uninstall Realtek drivers. Restart computer when prompted. When your computer comes back up, Realtek will be running off of Microsoft's generic HD Audio driver.

#3: Follow the directions here to prohibit Windows Update from reinstalling the Realtek driver.

#4: Open "Sounds" then "Playback Devices," select the device from the list and click on "Configure." Follow the prompts.

#5: Right click on the device and select "Properties," then "Enhancements," then check "Speaker Fill" and apply. If you do not see "Speaker Fill," repeat step #4 and make sure to pick a choice that has more than two speakers. "Apply" the changes.

#6: Start playing audio. You will have to restart the program if it was running in order for the change to take effect. Your stereo music should now be playing as Stereo Surround! *Big Grin Updated Windows 10 computer and now Speakers are missing :D

FordGT90Concept, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Pairing a JBL Flip bluetooth speaker to my windows 10 computer

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer and check the functionality?
    • Have you installed necessary drivers for speakers?

As an initial troubleshooting step I suggest you to try connecting to a different computer running Windows 10 check if the speakers works as it should. Also install all driver updates and check the functionality.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa
    on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays.

Do let us know if you are able to get sound from Bluetooth speakers. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Updated Windows 10 computer and now Speakers are missing

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Updated Windows 10 computer and now Speakers are missing

1. Updated Windows 10 computer and now Speakers are missing - Similar Threads - Updated computer Speakers

2. Missing options in Windows 10 Speaker Configuration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing options in Windows 10 Speaker Configuration: Good Afternoon. I recently purchased a second hand computer for home use.On my previous machine, I was able to use a 5.1 system with it, using the speaker configuration within Windows.However, on this new machine I only have the option to use "Speakers" as the audio channel...
  3. speaker missing?

speaker missing?: speaker missing? How do I install realteck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-missing/533abbf5-77ec-4f4c-9d3d-d8489a886fa2
  4. Missing "Update Now" section on Download Windows 10 page

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing "Update Now" section on Download Windows 10 page: I was helping someone upgrade their win 7 computer dell laptop to win 10. I went to the download page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and the Update Now section of the page is not shown. It goes from the blue 'Download Windows 10' section to the...
  5. Windows 10 Update Locked-Clean Install Now Speakers Not Recognized

Windows 10 Update Locked-Clean Install Now Speakers Not Recognized: Yes, I've tried to uninstall drivers, more clean installs of Windows 10, tech support, updating drivers sometime it says unable to update due to malfunctioning device plugged in, etc. I. Have. Tried. It. All. All except for the solution, which I know is out here. HP...
  6. speakers missing icon

speakers missing icon: i cant adust the speaker volume. it no longer appears on the taskbar. thanks for your help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-missing-icon/ad700f3a-0be7-4cc9-bd2c-f66969ad7f1a
  7. updated windows now my speakers don't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    updated windows now my speakers don't work: they were fine yesterday before the update submitted by /u/AcherusArchmage [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etqzrm/updated_windows_now_my_speakers_dont_work/
  8. Audio/speaker missing!?!?

Audio/speaker missing!?!?: hi all, after my window 10 updated, from my "sound device" the audio/ speaker is missing... anyone facing the same issue?? dear Microsoft, please help resolve this problem.. (p.s. the system restore doesn't work at all/ failed to restore to a all saved point which I...
  9. Windows 10 Update & Now Computer won't Boot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update & Now Computer won't Boot: A few weeks ago I took an update to Windows 10. When the system rebooted I received a white screen and an error saying "Can't read instructions form address blah, blah, blah'. I clicked OK and just had the white screen. Now, when I boot up I get the windows logo and the...
  10. Speaker Fill Missing

Speaker Fill Missing: Since Win 10, my "speaker fill" is missing. I use headphones, so it's essential. Also, Quadraphonic & 5.1 aren't working properly neither, and I have the latest Realtek updates. 12740