Windows 10: Updated Windows 10, & mouse flickering & internet browser randomly closing - HELP!

Discus and support Updated Windows 10, & mouse flickering & internet browser randomly closing - HELP! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated my Windows 10 recently, and ever since, my mouse has been playing up - in that it flickers a lot, and makes it hard to know where I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amie_P, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Amie_P Win User

Updated Windows 10, & mouse flickering & internet browser randomly closing - HELP!

I updated my Windows 10 recently, and ever since, my mouse has been playing up - in that it flickers a lot, and makes it hard to know where I need to click my mouse on.

I've changed my mouse, and it still happens.

In addition, whatever internet page I've got open, for some reason, it will randomly close it down.

I've got McAfee installed to protect my computer, and done a full computer scan - and it showed no issues, so I know its a virus/bug/malware on my computer, and I therefore suspects there's a software glitch from the update I did.

Please help! Its soo annoying, and I'm struggling to get my work done!

:)

Amie_P, Oct 2, 2019

2. Flickering Mouse pointer in Asus X550LA

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our Windows 10 Creators Update.

To address the flickering, we suggest that you rollback the driver of your mouse, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R on the desktop screen.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Expand the category you want and right click on the driver and select properties.
    • Navigate to driver tab and click on RollBack driver.

Hope this information was helpful.

Melliza Son, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Unable to close Internet Explorer browser on Windows 10.

Hi Erica,

The above issue might occur due to missing or corrupted browser components on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Does the issue persists on accessing a particular website on the browser?
    • Did you check if similar issue persists on using other browsers on the computer (Microsoft Edge, other)?
    • Do you get any error message or error code when the browser fails to close?

Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if any of the browser component is missing or corrupted.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Internet Explorer Performance,
      click on Advanced option and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing or corrupted browser components after the troubleshooting is complete and check if the issue is resolved.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to try clearing cookies and check if that helps. Refer the below link:

Delete and manage cookies

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of Internet Explorer not closing on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 2, 2019
  4. mixa Win User

Updated Windows 10, & mouse flickering & internet browser randomly closing - HELP!

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Updated Windows 10, & mouse flickering & internet browser randomly closing - HELP! wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Updated Windows 10, & mouse flickering & internet browser randomly closing - HELP! - Similar Threads - Updated mouse flickering

2. icons close folders, laptop mouse closes browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icons close folders, laptop mouse closes browser: Clicking a file or moving the mouse on the laptop will often close the folder so I cannot drag and drop: clicking on anything on the laptop closes any browser. Installed and deleted Win 11 - did not solve the problem. SSD is clean, fixes have not worked including support from...
  3. icons close folders, laptop mouse closes browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icons close folders, laptop mouse closes browser: Clicking a file or moving the mouse on the laptop will often close the folder so I cannot drag and drop: clicking on anything on the laptop closes any browser. Installed and deleted Win 11 - did not solve the problem. SSD is clean, fixes have not worked including support from...
  4. icons close folders, laptop mouse closes browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Apps randomly opening and closing, screen flickering

Apps randomly opening and closing, screen flickering: My computer seems possessed. Apps will open, then close in random succession. There is a glowing halo bottom center of the screen above the task bar. It appears to be primarily opening the search tool but will also open random files. When the apps are opening and closing the...
  6. Apps randomly opening and closing, screen flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps randomly opening and closing, screen flickering: My computer seems possessed. Apps will open, then close in random succession. There is a glowing halo bottom center of the screen above the task bar. It appears to be primarily opening the search tool but will also open random files. When the apps are opening and closing the...
  7. Windows 10 randomly closes apps. Nothing helps.

Windows 10 randomly closes apps. Nothing helps.: Ive searched a lot on the internet to find the solution but nothing helps. The worst is that i cant even use anything because it gets closed The problems appears on most of apps excluding opera gx and settings I looked at the windows logs only works in safe mode and it...
  8. Web browsers keep randomly closing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Web browsers keep randomly closing.: I recently encountered this issue earlier today. Google chrome was working fine a week before. It doesn’t take to long for a web browser to close by itself. Ranging from 10 seconds to about 2 minutes. I did notice on google chrome that the browser was not closed properly,...
  9. Internet Browsers Randomly Closing Etc

in Cortana
    Internet Browsers Randomly Closing Etc: Occasionally, I would just be browsing the internet when all of a sudden there is a message saying I have to reload the page, and this is on Google Chrome. I go over to Microsoft Edge and it just closes the whole browser when I open it. If that doesn't happen my laptop would...
  10. Internet browser closing when attaching files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet browser closing when attaching files: It does not matter which Internet Browser I use, when I try and attach a file it closes down. When I open it again I get a "restore previous" message...