Windows 10: Updated Windows 10, Now my laptop says Hard Drive Cannot Be Found

Discus and support Updated Windows 10, Now my laptop says Hard Drive Cannot Be Found in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I posted this on reddit too but I'm looking for help wherever I can find it:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by doublewitch, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Updated Windows 10, Now my laptop says Hard Drive Cannot Be Found

I posted this on reddit too but I'm looking for help wherever I can find it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsuppor...ted_windows_10_now_my_laptop_says_hard_drive/

Last night I updated my hp laptop to the newest Windows 10 1903 update. The installation was going at a snails pace so I went to bed while it did its thing. When I checked on it in the morning I was met with this:

https://imgur.com/FN61Ius

So I restarted and it went directly to that screen again, skipping the usual loading screen where the hp logo pops up. I did as the screen instructed and pressed F2 and went to system diagnostics https://imgur.com/o3Rmpgg. I did both a quick and extensive check but the results were the same, a message that included "Short DST: FAILED"https://imgur.com/Y471jjP

I am not tech savy at all and after doing some google searches the results were less than optimistic. Does anyone have any ideas what exactly is going on and how screwed I am? I of course completely blanked and forgot to back up my computer before updating and now I'm worried I've lost everything. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

doublewitch, Sep 16, 2019
  2. JanJan Win User

How to format hard drive and still keep windows 10?

Hi all,

I have a laptop that came with windows 7. I just recently updated to windows 10 with the OTA update.

I would like to clean out my hard drive but still want to keep a genuine windows 10 (like I have installed a fresh copy of windows 10). How can I do it?

Thank you

JanJan, Sep 16, 2019
  3. How to format hard drive and still keep windows 10?

Image it to another drive with Acronis or Norton Ghost.

Schmuckley, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Updated Windows 10, Now my laptop says Hard Drive Cannot Be Found

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Updated Windows 10, Now my laptop says Hard Drive Cannot Be Found

1. Updated Windows 10, Now my laptop says Hard Drive Cannot Be Found - Similar Threads - Updated laptop says

2. my hard drive was found yesterday but now its saying its not found what happened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my hard drive was found yesterday but now its saying its not found what happened: So I have a Alien Ware area 51 PC my friend gave me only problem was he took his hard drive out and old me I needed to buy a new one. ok no problem I bought a 4T HDD from amazon it was a Seagate barracuda. when i put that in the first day I got that no problems were detected...
  3. my hard drive was found yesterday but now its saying its not found what happened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my hard drive was found yesterday but now its saying its not found what happened: So I have a Alien Ware area 51 PC my friend gave me only problem was he took his hard drive out and old me I needed to buy a new one. ok no problem I bought a 4T HDD from amazon it was a Seagate barracuda. when i put that in the first day I got that no problems were detected...
  4. my hard drive was found yesterday but now its saying its not found what happened

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Frequent blue screens and "hard drive cannot be found." Dell Gaming Laptop, Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent blue screens and "hard drive cannot be found." Dell Gaming Laptop, Windows 10.: I've been having a problem with my Windows 10 laptop lately. I noticed that a lot of things on it are either lagging or having a hard time responding. Sometimes, the screen freezes as it struggles to process tasks. It either takes a while to snap back in, or it just does the...
  6. Frequent blue screens and "hard drive cannot be found." Dell Gaming Laptop, Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent blue screens and "hard drive cannot be found." Dell Gaming Laptop, Windows 10.: I've been having a problem with my Windows 10 laptop lately. I noticed that a lot of things on it are either lagging or having a hard time responding. Sometimes, the screen freezes as it struggles to process tasks. It either takes a while to snap back in, or it just does the...
  7. Frequent blue screens and "hard drive cannot be found." Dell Gaming Laptop, Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Hard drive not found

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Hard drive not found: Needed to reinstall windows 10 pro. My additional (D) SSD hard drive has a password protection. It is used to store documents, pictures and games etc. To not delete all info on that the D drive it was disconnected before reinstalling windows on default drive (C). After...
  9. When I Turn On My Computer It Says That Hard Drive Is Not Found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I Turn On My Computer It Says That Hard Drive Is Not Found: When I Turn On My Computer It Says That Hard Drive Is Not Found And It Gives Me These Options press f1 to continue and when i continue it says boot device is not found 2. press f2 to change boot settings and i have tried every setting but it is not working and lastly 3. press...
  10. Hard drive Not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive Not found: I have installed neverwre's chrome os in my usb drive. Unfortunately I have chosed to format drive and install this on pc. I have canceled the install process but My drive is already formated. After that I have installed windows 10. Drives Before format 1. hard drive,...