Windows 10: Updated Windows 10, Now my laptop says Hard Drive Cannot Be Found

Discus and support Updated Windows 10, Now my laptop says Hard Drive Cannot Be Found in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I posted this on reddit too but I'm looking for help wherever I can find it:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by doublewitch, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Updated Windows 10, Now my laptop says Hard Drive Cannot Be Found

I posted this on reddit too but I'm looking for help wherever I can find it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsuppor...ted_windows_10_now_my_laptop_says_hard_drive/

Last night I updated my hp laptop to the newest Windows 10 1903 update. The installation was going at a snails pace so I went to bed while it did its thing. When I checked on it in the morning I was met with this:

https://imgur.com/FN61Ius

So I restarted and it went directly to that screen again, skipping the usual loading screen where the hp logo pops up. I did as the screen instructed and pressed F2 and went to system diagnostics https://imgur.com/o3Rmpgg. I did both a quick and extensive check but the results were the same, a message that included "Short DST: FAILED"https://imgur.com/Y471jjP

I am not tech savy at all and after doing some google searches the results were less than optimistic. Does anyone have any ideas what exactly is going on and how screwed I am? I of course completely blanked and forgot to back up my computer before updating and now I'm worried I've lost everything. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

doublewitch, Sep 16, 2019
  2. JanJan Win User

How to format hard drive and still keep windows 10?

Hi all,

I have a laptop that came with windows 7. I just recently updated to windows 10 with the OTA update.

I would like to clean out my hard drive but still want to keep a genuine windows 10 (like I have installed a fresh copy of windows 10). How can I do it?

Thank you

JanJan, Sep 16, 2019
  3. How to format hard drive and still keep windows 10?

Image it to another drive with Acronis or Norton Ghost.

Schmuckley, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Updated Windows 10, Now my laptop says Hard Drive Cannot Be Found

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Updated Windows 10, Now my laptop says Hard Drive Cannot Be Found

1. Updated Windows 10, Now my laptop says Hard Drive Cannot Be Found - Similar Threads - Updated laptop says

2. Windows 10 update killed hard drive - or not? Scandisk says drive OK, HP says corrupt!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update killed hard drive - or not? Scandisk says drive OK, HP says corrupt!: I have a HP Pavilion 500-319na desktop with an 1-54460s cpu at 2.9g and 8mb ram and 2tb hard disk. It was 'born' September 2014, I bought it January 2015, and it shipped with windows 10. However, recent updates to windows 10 pushed out by microsoft crash it. Not only...
  3. Replacing the hard drives on my Windows 10 Pro laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing the hard drives on my Windows 10 Pro laptop.: Hello everyone. I am getting ready to replace both of the hard drives in my laptop that is running a verified copy of Win 10 Pro that I wish to have reinstalled on my new SSD when finished. However, it does not allow you to view the entire product key. How do I go about...
  4. laptop says my battery cant be found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop says my battery cant be found: what is wrong agter up date last night my battery cant connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-says-my-battery-cant-be-found/f29b2c4b-d1c1-40da-9092-c55c1e55deff
  5. my windows 10 computer cannot detect the hard drive

my windows 10 computer cannot detect the hard drive: my hp computer with windows 10 operating system all of a sudden cannot detect the hard drive and it don't boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-computer-cannot-detect-the-hard/21c633ec-cd39-4b98-aa54-74c366e70437
  6. October 2018 update failed and now cannot be found by Windows Update

October 2018 update failed and now cannot be found by Windows Update: I tried to install the October update yesterday and got halfway through installing before it cancelled itself and returned the error code 0x80240034. After searching for updates online (the only way I can receive updates) the feature update cannot be found. However, it does...
  7. external hard drive formatted now invisible on laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive formatted now invisible on laptop: Hi, I fitted the hard drive from my old PC into an external enclosure. I plugged it into my Win 10 Laptop and backed up some files I wanted to keep, so far so good. I now want to use the drive as a backup for the Laptop so I formatted the drive using Macrorit disk partition...
  8. Windows 10 says internal hard drive is external.

Windows 10 says internal hard drive is external.: hello i have 4 hard disk on my pc 3 hhd and one ssd on ahci mode but the Windows 10 says internal hard drive is external why? [img] 85077
  9. External Drive Cannot be Found in Windows 10

External Drive Cannot be Found in Windows 10: My Seagate external drive no longer shows up in File Explorer. I'm running Windows 10 for some time now, and it initially showed up until just recently. My local Tech Support guy says there is a known Windows 10 issue with external drives. Do you know is this is true? If yes,...
  10. ssd hard drives not found in win 10

ssd hard drives not found in win 10: Hey all Have just spent 3 day's trying to install win 10 update (from win 7). I have now been able to do it but had to reinstall win 7 to a standard hard drive I am trying to clone it to my ssd drive now My problem is I have 2 sets of raid ssd drives and 1 off them...