Windows 10: Updated windows 10 version to 2004 and lost everything - now signed in with temp profile -...

Discus and support Updated windows 10 version to 2004 and lost everything - now signed in with temp profile -... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated the version of my windows 10 from 1919 to 2004 and lost all my files. Im now logged in with a temp profile and have tried numerous restarts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShanG1, Oct 7, 2020.

1. ShanG1 Win User

Updated windows 10 version to 2004 and lost everything - now signed in with temp profile -...

I updated the version of my windows 10 from 1919 to 2004 and lost all my files. Im now logged in with a temp profile and have tried numerous restarts and still not working.

what is my next step ?

:)

ShanG1, Oct 7, 2020

2. Windows temp profile

Hi..

I am facing the problem of temp profile login. I followed few steps stated in the websites like removing .bak from your SID. but it doesn't work. Still my profile is logging in to temp profile.

Please do suggest some solution

Thanks

SivaSankaran1, Oct 7, 2020
  3. signed in with temporary profile windows 10

Hi Alan,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Temporary profile. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know from which version of Windows you upgraded to Windows 10? Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 update?

I suggest you to refer to below link on “find lost files after upgrading to Windows 10” and go to the option
    Check to see if you’re signed in with a temporary profile.

Find lost files after the upgrade to Windows 10

I also suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows logo key +
      I
      key to open Settings.

• Select Accounts, click on
      Family & other people
      in the left pane.

• Under Other users, select
      Add someone else to this PC.

• Enter a name for the new account. If you wish create a password, and verify the password, add a password hint, then select
      Next.

• Select Finish.
    Note: As you are logged in temporary profile be sure to copy everything you worked on to an external drive/flash drive because it will be deleted when you sign out.

Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with your Windows 10 login profile. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Oct 7, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Updated windows 10 version to 2004 and lost everything - now signed in with temp profile -...

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Updated windows 10 version to 2004 and lost everything - now signed in with temp profile -... :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Updated windows 10 version to 2004 and lost everything - now signed in with temp profile -... - Similar Threads - Updated version 2004

2. Lost files after temp profile fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost files after temp profile fix: Hi, I just came across Windows 10 temp profile problem. When I was in the Temp profile, I can see that the files in my original profile are intact. And then I did the recommended fix by removing bak after the original profile SID in registry, after that I can login back my...
  3. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile': Most folders and files under c:\users\xxxxx\ is either empty or completely missing. No trace anywhere! This issue is haunting lot of our users. The old fix of restoring through regedit winnt\profilelist doesn't help. I would like to know the root cause of this issue as we...
  4. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile': Most folders and files under c:\users\xxxxx\ is either empty or completely missing. No trace anywhere! This issue is haunting lot of our users. The old fix of restoring through regedit winnt\profilelist doesn't help. I would like to know the root cause of this issue as we...
  5. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST

TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST: Hello, I'm in panik because I was for some reason logged in with temp profile. I logged off and logged in again and it was a temp profile.I checked the disk and my user's folder was EMPTY!!!Please tell me there is something I can do about it I'm in shock. There are plenty of...
  7. TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST: Hello, I'm in panik because I was for some reason logged in with temp profile. I logged off and logged in again and it was a temp profile.I checked the disk and my user's folder was EMPTY!!!Please tell me there is something I can do about it I'm in shock. There are plenty of...
  8. TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST

9. Forced TEMP Profile Sign In

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forced TEMP Profile Sign In: Hello, I've had a reoccurring problem where I'd try to log in my computer and it would sign me into a temporary profile. Luckily after the first time it happened, I used OneDrive to backup all my files so I'm not worried about losing my files, but more of my profile...
  10. Data Lost - Temp Profile

Data Lost - Temp Profile: Last week my windows got updated. And I was was not able to see my files under my music and my pictures folder. I was however able to find my files under the users folder and I manually copied all of my data to my music and my pictures folder. After I restarted my computer...