Windows 10: Updated windows, and it made me sign in, after correctly typing my user and password I get...

Discus and support Updated windows, and it made me sign in, after correctly typing my user and password I get... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/corvish_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fx0oas/updated_windows_and_it_made_me_sign_in_after/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/corvish_, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Updated windows, and it made me sign in, after correctly typing my user and password I get...

/u/corvish_, Apr 8, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Long boot time and passwords missing

The only reason I mention the account is that a Windows update recently was causing people to be signed into a temporary account, your password manager may be installed for all users but the list of passwords would be user specific, therefore the blank password list suggests a different account. *Smile

Pejole2165, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Updated windows, and it made me sign in, after correctly typing my user and password I get...

sign-in password

Hello. This is the easiest way to automatically login to Windows 10 without entering the password.

Step 1: First step is to open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows logo and R keys (Windows+R). In the Run dialog box, type Netplwiz and then press Enter key.

Step 2: In the resulting User Accounts dialog, select your user account first and then uncheck the option labelled Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Click Apply button to see Automatically sign in box.

Step 3: In the Automatically sign in dialog, type your password and then re-enter the password to confirm the same.

Finally, click OK button.

Please let me know if that works.

MikeSnyder61704, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Updated windows, and it made me sign in, after correctly typing my user and password I get...

1. Updated windows, and it made me sign in, after correctly typing my user and password I get... - Similar Threads - Updated made sign

2. Windows won't sign me in after I forgot my password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't sign me in after I forgot my password.: I just got a new PC, and I forgot to add a password before signing out. Now, it shows a "sign in" option under the picture. When I click it, it doesn't sign me into the software. Any way I can combat this?...
  3. Windows won't sign me in after I forgot my password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't sign me in after I forgot my password.: I just got a new PC, and I forgot to add a password before signing out. Now, it shows a "sign in" option under the picture. When I click it, it doesn't sign me into the software. Any way I can combat this?...
  4. What is the password it is asking for? I have typed correct password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the password it is asking for? I have typed correct password.: What is the password it is asking for? I have typed correct Microsoft account password. Is this password different? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-password-it-is-asking-for-i-have-typed/26c1c132-a6ec-4301-b658-232ea7eb6098
  5. Windows sign in screen will not allow me to type in my password nor PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sign in screen will not allow me to type in my password nor PIN.: 8/17/2023, Did a restart on my Windows 11 HP Omen Desktop Windows 11 update, and now the sign in screen will not allow me to type in my password nor pin. In fact the power selections do not work either. I've restarted many times, did a cold start, even shut down & unplugged...
  6. Windows sign in screen will not allow me to type in my password nor PIN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sign in screen will not allow me to type in my password nor PIN.: 8/17/2023, Did a restart on my Windows 11 HP Omen Desktop Windows 11 update, and now the sign in screen will not allow me to type in my password nor pin. In fact the power selections do not work either. I've restarted many times, did a cold start, even shut down & unplugged...
  7. [Windows 10] windows simply doesn't accept my password after I made my User an...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Windows 10] windows simply doesn't accept my password after I made my User an...: edit: well fuck, it's a bit redundant to state that this is about windows 10 on a... windows 10 sub... i was using my pc as usual and wanted to do a /scannow, which i found out i couldn't because i was not and administrator, so i did that, did the scan and turned it off, as...
  8. Windows made me a new user and forces me to log in with password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows made me a new user and forces me to log in with password.: When I first installed windows I made a single user and I didnt want to log in with password home computer. Out of thin air, suddenly one day Windows made a copy of my user and asks me to log in with this user very time I start the computer. Asks for a password which I dont...
  9. I cant sign in my account when i type the correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cant sign in my account when i type the correct password: So i was updating my amd drivers amd it said it did install because of the software had a problem then it told me to download amdcleaner driver and it would boot up on safe mode, after doing that my computer restarted and went on to the log in screen but when i type in my...
  10. Password protected windows 10 will not sign me in after update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password protected windows 10 will not sign me in after update?: After I get a update on windows 10, I cannot sign into my computer. I sometimes have to change my password but this time it gave me another drive to find my password on. I upgraded my friends computer also and the same problem....