Windows 10: Updated windows last night and got this. Can't log onto my computer

Discus and support Updated windows last night and got this. Can't log onto my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/scary__snek [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/scary__snek, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Updated windows last night and got this. Can't log onto my computer

/u/scary__snek, Mar 16, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 doesn`t log in after update

Hi,

You may need to reset your password for you to access your account again. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you trying to log in to your Microsoft Account or to your Windows 10 local account?
    • Have you tried resetting your password?

Meanwhile, you're trying to log in to your Microsoft Account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

forum article
    shared by PaulSey on how to reset your password and recover your Microsoft Account.

If you're trying to log in to your Windows 10 local account, we suggest that you perform the instructions in this

article
    on how you can reset your Windows 10 local account.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Updated windows last night and got this. Can't log onto my computer

Cannot log in to my windows 10 computer

Hi,

To assist you with your concern on logging in to your computer after the
    Windows 10
    update, may we know the following information:

• Which log on screen are your referring to? Is it the computer or on the
      Windows
      page?
    • What is the exact error message?
    • What changes have you done to your keyboard?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We'll wait for your reply.

Christian Mart, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Updated windows last night and got this. Can't log onto my computer

1. Updated windows last night and got this. Can't log onto my computer - Similar Threads - Updated last night

2. My computer crashed last night, and I just got a notification that says “the windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer crashed last night, and I just got a notification that says “the windows...: So I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 that is about 3 years old. On Sunday I restarted my laptop so it could install an update. It worked perfectly fine all night and all of Monday Until about midnight. I had been using it for about half an hour and it was working perfectly...
  3. Got Windows update last night and it broke Xbox Networking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Got Windows update last night and it broke Xbox Networking: Got Windows update last night and it broke Xbox Networking. Router is all set with port forwarding, provider is not changing anything and got strict NAT type and blocked server connectivity. Tried the last fix that worked and that was using "Fix it button" combined with...
  4. Windows UpDate From Last Night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows UpDate From Last Night: This thing is hung up. It reboots and I can get to the basic screen, but about half my icons don't render. Also, on the toolbar, my icons aren't there. The Windows icon in the bottom left corner is black and white and when you hover the mouse over it, you get the blue circle...
  5. Windows update last night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update last night: Just checkexc what was new after the update applied last night and can't find anything about Microsoft overwriting my personalisations. For instance you have removed my wallpaper and replaced it with a black screen and have changed my screensaver from "Windows 10 is ****" to...
  6. My windows got "deactivated" last night?!

My windows got "deactivated" last night?!: So i was playing monster hunter last night with friends and suddenly a watermark popped up that i need to activate my windows. I chcecked and error was: 0xC004F074. I bought PC in august form a person with windows 10 Pro activated. But i still managed to get product key i...
  7. Logging onto my computer

Logging onto my computer: After updating windows 10, when I TRY TO LOG ONTO MY COMPUTER I get message that user profile cannot be loaded. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logging-onto-my-computer/c57b0b4e-5e59-4952-8492-45d33d4d1717
  8. Slow computer after it updated last night

Slow computer after it updated last night: When my computer turned off last night it updated.....which is fine......but today it is REALLY slow!! What do I need to do to speed it up again? It's very frustrating to use for work! Thanks :)...
  9. Last nights update failed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Last nights update failed.: Since last nights update my computer won't take my pin number, says it is wrong. 65051
  10. Can't log into homegroup on any of my computers since last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't log into homegroup on any of my computers since last update: suddenly none of my computers can log onto my homegroup. They all say one is available, but when I put password in it just keeps running as if it is looking but can't proceed. I am not able to change homegroup either. Any help would be appreciated. 30852