Windows 10: Updated Windows now I don't have permission to open any Adobe files

Discus and support Updated Windows now I don't have permission to open any Adobe files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Anyone experience anything at all similar? I can't find anyone with the same problem. This happened so I reset to an older version and everything was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FruitfulQuest, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Updated Windows now I don't have permission to open any Adobe files

Anyone experience anything at all similar? I can't find anyone with the same problem. This happened so I reset to an older version and everything was fine but now I've been forced to use latest version and its still a problem. I attached what happens when I try to open a file. This is for all Photoshop and Illustrator files. This hasn't happened to other file types but some other stuff was weird for certain programs, but I could fix that.

I've tried all sorts of things to give myself permission but to no avail. Either way I don't want to have do this for every individual file. I downloaded other files online and have the same problem. I can open Photoshop or Illustrator and make new files, but once I close out I can't reopen. My version is 10.0.18363.

I just hope at least someone else has the same problem if not a possible solution, this is what I do for a living and I'm a freelancer so I'm in a bind. Also first post here, hope my etiquette is correct.

submitted by /u/FruitfulQuest
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FruitfulQuest, Jun 28, 2020

2. PDF files is opening on Microsft Edge instead adobe reader

Hi Tresfjording,

To assist you better I would like to know which Window 10 build is installed on the system?

To check Windows version, press Windows key + R, type
    winver
    and press Enter.

Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

At first, I suggest you to check if any Windows update is pending.

• Type update on the Windows search bar and select
      Check for updates.

• Now click on Check for updates button, it will automatically check for the Windows update if any update is pending.
    Method 2.

If that does not helps, let’s select adobe to open the PDF files.

• Right-click any PDF file.

• Click on Properties and under
      Open With click Change.

• Now select Adobe from the list and click
      Ok.

• Check if Adobe opens all the PDF files.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 28, 2020
  3. you don't have permission to open this file contact the file owner or an administrator

Hi,

This could be due to one of the following reasons:

• You don’t have permission to access the file,
    • The file you are trying to access is corrupt,
    • If you are using any third party security software, it may be blocking the file.

In most of the cases, this issue occurs when the user doesn’t have sufficient permissions to access the file. So I would suggest you to take ownership of the file and then check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps:

• Right-click the program
      that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab, and then click OK
      on the Security message (if one appears).
    • Click Advanced, and then click change. Enter your password if prompted.
    • Type in your username and press
      enter.
    • If you want to take ownership of the contents of the folder, select
      the Replace owner on sub containers and objects check box.
    • Click OK and close all the windows.
    • Follow step a and b, click
      on advanced.
    • Under "permissions" tab, select your user account
      and click on "change permissions"
    • Check the "Replace all child object permission entries from this object." option and click
      Ok.
    • All permissions will be replaced if you click Yes.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 28, 2020
  4. DaveBates Win User

Updated Windows now I don't have permission to open any Adobe files

I don't have permission to reply to emails in Outlook.

I upgraded to Windows 10 and now whenever I try to reply to an email, I get a message that I don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation. I am listed as administrator to this PC. I cannot find a setting anywhere that allows me to change
    this. Any suggestions?

DaveBates, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Updated Windows now I don't have permission to open any Adobe files

1. Updated Windows now I don't have permission to open any Adobe files - Similar Threads - Updated don't permission

2. After reinstalling Windows, I now don't have permissions for my own files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After reinstalling Windows, I now don't have permissions for my own files.: I have reinstalled Windows using 10 Home Edition by moving it from a 120GB SSD to a 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD. This is because the 120GB kept getting so full that it was causing Windows to crash a lot, and I found it a pain to manage the files every few days to keep Windows from...
  3. you don't have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    you don't have permission to open this file: I am the only person using all my devices, including my PC Win10 64 bit, camera, SD card etc. I took some MOV files on a camera SD card, then tried to open them this morning from the SC card on the PC. The PC successfully played the MOV files with Media Player, but I want to...
  4. you don't have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you don't have permission to open this file: I am the only person using all my devices, including my PC Win10 64 bit, camera, SD card etc. I took some MOV files on a camera SD card, then tried to open them this morning from the SC card on the PC. The PC successfully played the MOV files with Media Player, but I want to...
  5. you don't have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I don't have permission to open my files

I don't have permission to open my files: Right, so bare with me because I know it sounds like this question has already been answered however in my case it actually hasn't. So I rebooted my laptop to factory settings the other day, I backed everything up on my WD Passport Ultra. Now I have managed to get all the...
  7. I'm an admin, but I don't have any permissions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm an admin, but I don't have any permissions.: Things on my computer have been really weird lately. It started with it not wanting to install programs because it couldn't get access to the file locations of where it wanted to install. Now, I can't even run .msi files or even basic .exe files without it telling me that I...
  8. don't have permission to open folder

don't have permission to open folder: I am logged in as administrator. How can o gain access tio this folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-have-permission-to-open-folder/16f52966-519c-48b9-a5fa-bb4418afaf31"
  9. I don't have any permissions and I can't change that.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't have any permissions and I can't change that.: Okay so I'm 16, hardly know anything about software. I've been trying to increase my dedicated video ram. I've found a method from YouTube on how to do it but when I open 'registry editor' and try to add a new key under 'intel' it says I don't have permissions to do that. I...
  10. Don't any have any permissions on my pc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Don't any have any permissions on my pc.: Hello, I don't have any permissions for some reason on my pc, Even though it says the account I log into is a administrator. I can't run things as admin, I cant download anything, Can't access my disk drive without it saying access denied, And I can't even open task manager...