Windows 10: Updated Windows to version 2004, now computer restarts randomly

Discus and support Updated Windows to version 2004, now computer restarts randomly in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Computer worked perfectly prior to updating to 2004 update. What in the actual hell gets tested prior to releases? I've already gone back to windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Loki1944, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Loki1944 Win User

Updated Windows to version 2004, now computer restarts randomly

Computer worked perfectly prior to updating to 2004 update. What in the actual hell gets tested prior to releases? I've already gone back to windows 7 on two other PCs because of W10 issues; is there a fix for this one or do I need to install Windows 7?

i7 7800X, 32GB RAM

:)

Loki1944, Sep 2, 2020
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Updated Windows to version 2004, now computer restarts randomly :confused:*Mad Updated Windows to version 2004, now computer restarts randomly :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Updated Windows to version 2004, now computer restarts randomly

random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Updated Windows to version 2004, now computer restarts randomly

1. Updated Windows to version 2004, now computer restarts randomly - Similar Threads - Updated version 2004

2. My computer keeps updating to Windows version 2004.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer keeps updating to Windows version 2004.: Every other day, my computer prompts me to "Restart and Update" but whenever I check what update it is, it's 2004 every time. I believe it's stuck in an update loop, or the update is failing. (also I know I am behind on my updates. I'm not very good at keeping up with them.)...
  3. version 2004 failed to install error code 0xc1900101 now my computer restarts whenever...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    version 2004 failed to install error code 0xc1900101 now my computer restarts whenever...: So my computer failed to install the windows update to version 2004 and gave me the error code 0xc1900101 now whenever my computer sits idle it restarts. How do i fix this? is there any other information i need to provide to you to help solve this problem?...
  4. My computers won't update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computers won't update to version 2004: Hello: I have two computers running versions of Windows 10 prior to version 2004. I have attempted to upgrade both many times using several methods: Windows Update, download and install the files, and using a DVD created by MediaCreator. The downloads work fine, then the...
  5. Updates for Windows 10, version 2004 now stops Cortana

Updates for Windows 10, version 2004 now stops Cortana: I have now tried several times to apply the update from my 18363 build to 2004 but every time I find that Cortana no longer works giving msg that it not available in teh UK I try to do the update every month to see if there has been aby fix or change. The OS goes thru the...
  6. windows version 2004 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows version 2004 update: After windows version 2004 update, internet is not working - tried all the trouble shooting steps but issue was persisted. Internet started to work only after reverting to previous version 1909...
  7. Windows update version 2004

Windows update version 2004: Should I do the windows 10 feature update for the version 2004 when it comes? Because I had heard that there are many bugs that may harm the pc. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-version-2004/df4ec4a5-8486-41fe-8731-750e6844b457
  8. Random Windows lag after updating to version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Windows lag after updating to version 2004: I recently updated Windows to version 2004 build 19041.329 since doing so I have been encountering huge lag spikes lasting anywhere from 10-60 seconds. Looking at the event log I see Event 809 TaskScheduler error: Maintenance Scheduler Group Policy Settings are not properly...
  9. Update to Windows Version 2004?

Update to Windows Version 2004?: Should I already update to Windows version 2004 or wait a little longer? Auf Windows Version 2004 updaten?
  10. [2004] Update and shutdown now restarts the computer to finish the update process before...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [2004] Update and shutdown now restarts the computer to finish the update process before...: I've seen this rant quite a bit. Looks like Microsoft listened. You no longer need to wait for updates to finish after booting a computer from shutdown. submitted by /u/Scurro [link] [comments]...