Windows 10: Updated Windows yesterday, and now my speakers don't work unless I have my headset plugged...

Discus and support Updated Windows yesterday, and now my speakers don't work unless I have my headset plugged... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 'Realtek Digital Audio' on an old Dell Vostro, previously it would work so that if I plugged in my headset, it would stop the audio from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blizeH, May 30, 2020.

1. /u/blizeH Win User

Updated Windows yesterday, and now my speakers don't work unless I have my headset plugged...

I have 'Realtek Digital Audio' on an old Dell Vostro, previously it would work so that if I plugged in my headset, it would stop the audio from my speakers, meaning I could only have audio from one or the other.

But now, the opposite is happening - unless I have my headset plugged in, my speakers don't work (my headset does still work as normal).

Any suggestions please? I don't like to keep my headset plugged in so this isn't ideal. Thanks!

Edit: For what it's worth my speakers are plugged into the back, and I plug my headset into the front.

submitted by /u/blizeH
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blizeH, May 30, 2020

2. speakers are working when i plug my Headset

after plug my head set to laptop, headset and speakers are working. didn't disconnect speakers when headset plugin. this happened after update my windows 10

Isanka_1992, May 30, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Updated Windows yesterday, and now my speakers don't work unless I have my headset plugged... :p

cadaveca, May 30, 2020
  4. Updated Windows yesterday, and now my speakers don't work unless I have my headset plugged...

Headset Detected as Speakers.

The bottom line is.. I need my headphones to be recognized as headphones so I can make it work along with my speakers. But my speakers cannot go in because my headphones has already taken the role of the speaker. Unless I can make 2 speakers work at the
    same time. Another important note.. My speaker and headset works at the same time whenever I plugged in the HEADPHONES 1st before the speaker... BUT once I select which device I plugged in from the window that pops up whenever you plug something in... the
    speaker stops working. The only options to choose are HEADPHONES or FRONT SPEAKERS. but selecting one of the two doesnt help.. my headset still wants to become a speaker LOL

Pierre Albert, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Updated Windows yesterday, and now my speakers don't work unless I have my headset plugged...

1. Updated Windows yesterday, and now my speakers don't work unless I have my headset plugged... - Similar Threads - Updated yesterday speakers

2. Headset sound working when plugged in but not with the built in speaker in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset sound working when plugged in but not with the built in speaker in my laptop: My speakers is not working as output sound but my headset is working perfectly fine, I tried the troubleshoot sound but cannot identify the problem...
  3. Headset sound working when plugged in but not with the built in speaker in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset sound working when plugged in but not with the built in speaker in my laptop: My speakers is not working as output sound but my headset is working perfectly fine, I tried the troubleshoot sound but cannot identify the problem...
  4. Headset sound working when plugged in but not with the built in speaker in my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Headphones don't work unless I restart the laptop with them plugged in?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones don't work unless I restart the laptop with them plugged in?: I've looked online but nothing's worked. Headphones work upon restarting but if they become unplugged, plugging them back in does nothing and audio just plays through the speakers. They're not detected at all unless I restart....
  6. My plugged in headset isnt working.

My plugged in headset isnt working.: When I took these screenshots my headset was plugged in and I was able to hear audio, but my microphone did not work at all. I would like to add that this happened after I downloaded the Clownfish voice changer before I downloaded it when I plugged it in my headset it gave me...
  7. Windows updated yesterday 29 June 2020 now both my mice don't work.

Windows updated yesterday 29 June 2020 now both my mice don't work.: Yesterday Windows 10 updated itself and now neither of my mice works. I've restarted - nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updated-yesterday-29-june-2020-now-both-my/f25e0304-75bc-4b1e-8d0a-4ad4b8d0f5c1
  8. speakers not working... if any headsets plugged in it works normally

speakers not working... if any headsets plugged in it works normally: speakers dont work after upgrade to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-not-working-if-any-headsets-plugged-in-it/9d00625c-95ac-4c71-a1b6-97936e9e168a
  9. updated windows now my speakers don't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    updated windows now my speakers don't work: they were fine yesterday before the update submitted by /u/AcherusArchmage [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etqzrm/updated_windows_now_my_speakers_dont_work/
  10. Speakers will not work unless headphones are plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speakers will not work unless headphones are plugged in.: I use a little RCA W1013DK for my college studies. Earlier on today for some odd reason my internal speakers stopped working. So after hours of checking privacy options, resetting services, going through trouble shoots, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. I plugged my...