Windows 10: UpdateOrchestrator

Discus and support UpdateOrchestrator in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. First time posting. My computer got woken up at 3 am and it was doing nothing , woken up, spending electricity and raising the bills until i saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by StefanFriki, Jan 24, 2019.

1. UpdateOrchestrator

Hi. First time posting.

My computer got woken up at 3 am and it was doing nothing , woken up, spending electricity and raising the bills until i saw it now at 11 am.

I have tried to disable this event and nothing has worked .

I need a solution to this problem because i see absolutely NO REASON why my pc should wake itself up from sleep because YOU at windows think that would be something he should do.

The "hilarious" thing is that the event is disabled in the task scheduler but that doesn't really seem to do anything since you can't "really" edit it because apparently me , the person who built this pc and has all the admin priviledges, isn't really admin.

I have windows 10 , 64bit .

Give me your solutions to fix this issue.

:)

StefanFriki, Jan 24, 2019

2. How to delete UpdateOrchestrator sense it will not allow me to disable it

Greg,

As you suggested I have changed my connection status to metered, viewing the Orchestrator in Task Scheduler/Task Scheduler Library/Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator I now find:

Maintenance Install: Disabled

MusUx_UpdateInterval: Ready

Reboot: Disabled

Schedule Retry Scan: Ready

Schedule Scan: Ready

USO_Broker_Display: Ready

At least now the Maintenance Install and Reboot are disabled, which is step in the right direction.
    However when viewing services (services.msc) UpdateOrchestrator is listed as Automatic (delayed Start), which starts without notice or warning thus causing system lag and most of the time freezing of programs; and if the program has suspended for a length
    of time it is closed automatically, which means loss of data and time to reenter the data when I can access the program again.
    Only time will tell if this had actually solved my issue with Update Orchestrator.

I thank you for your assistance and suggestions, and wish you clear horizons, fair winds and a star to guide by.

PatrickCovich, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Administrator account not allowed to disable UpdateOrchestrator Reboot task after latest update

Did you use

1) cmd with admin rights =>

2) psexec64 cmd.exe

before the erroring command?

I assume you did though. What does it say in Task Scheduler (admin again) under

Task Scheduler Library => Microsoft => Windows

The tasks are listed there in alphabetic order. Is UpdateOrchestrator listed? If not, then UpdateOrchestrator is not causing your restarts. Maybe look Event Log to identify which task is doing restarts in your configuration.

TapioValli, Dec 16, 2019
  4. UpdateOrchestrator

UpdateOrchestrator

All right i installed the reg file which is for disabling automatic maintenance . Is there a way i can check what else i can do to FORBID my pc from turning on?

The last wake ups have all been from automatic maintenance aka UpdateOrchestrator so there are no peripherals which want to wake the PC up .

StefanFriki, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

UpdateOrchestrator

1. UpdateOrchestrator - Similar Threads - UpdateOrchestrator

2. Stop computer waking: WaaSMedicSvc resets updateorchestrator tasks

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stop computer waking: WaaSMedicSvc resets updateorchestrator tasks: Every morning when I would get up I would find my computer had been woken and then gone back to sleep. Using powercfg -waketimers I found that backup scan and policy install tasks were configured to wake the PC. On occasion, reboot would also be enabled. using psexec I was...
  3. Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator/Backup Scan Default settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator/Backup Scan Default settings?: I had problems with this starting my pc from sleep a very long time ago. I no longer sleep my pc, and I hate to leave things "broken" when it can be avoided. (i intend to never reformat this pc ever courtesy of macriums restore to dissimilar hardware) so its pertinent to keep...
  4. UpdateOrchestrator keeps waking computer up from sleep every night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UpdateOrchestrator keeps waking computer up from sleep every night: Hello all, so first things first: My computer is up to date. So I've been wrestling with this problem for the past week. My computer will not stay asleep all night and wakes itself up every night. Really wouldn't be an issue except that it doesn't go back to sleep. It just...
  5. Orchestrated Nightmares: PC Wakes at night and I can't edit anything in UpdateOrchestrator

Orchestrated Nightmares: PC Wakes at night and I can't edit anything in UpdateOrchestrator: Hey guys, I'm running Windows 10 Pro (1909). I've disabled wake timers on my power settings, but when I ran a command I found out that it was "UpdateOrchestrator" that was waking my PC at night, specifically "Backup Scan" and "Reboot". However, when I go to the Task...
  6. Update 1909 and UpdateOrchestrator

Update 1909 and UpdateOrchestrator: Does anyone know if they patched this update? I was forced into 1909 today from 1809 and saw that this was one of the bigger issues. I'm not able to really find anything on it being fixed but just wanted to see if anyone here knew of anything at all. If they didn't fix this,...
  7. TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator wakes computer

in Windows 10 Support
    TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator wakes computer: This seems to be waking my computer every morning at 12:32AM. I would appreciate info on how to stop this. Here are the details: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter Date: 1/31/2020 12:32:32 AM Event ID: 1 Task Category: None Level: Information...
  8. Microsoft hijacking my computer with UpdateOrchestrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft hijacking my computer with UpdateOrchestrator: This is completely unacceptable. Microsoft should compensate for wasted electricity. Not only the computer is running but the screens are forced to stay on too which normally turn off after 30 minutes of inactivity. I have wasted 24+ hours on this nonsense. Some of the...
  9. Can't modify Task Scheduler for UpdateOrchestrator even as Admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't modify Task Scheduler for UpdateOrchestrator even as Admin: I also seem am unable to run File Explorer as Admin, even though my user Account is an Administrator and belongs to the Administrators group. I have also enabled and logged in as the built-in local system Admin, and receive the same error message about not having rights to...
  10. what process creates the task "NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Universa l...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    what process creates the task "NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Universa l...: hello, in my home i have a computer that i always put in hibernate mode instead of turning it off. from time to time my computer wakes up automatically at around 23:00 for few minutes and turnd off again. (ans sometimes it doesn't turn off - then the computer still runs...