Windows 10: Updates-3 results from 3 sources-WU, wushowhide, Belarc What to do?

Discus and support Updates-3 results from 3 sources-WU, wushowhide, Belarc What to do? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; win10 Pro 1909 bld 18363.1082 I hope I haven't posted these issues before. Please be kind if I did. I have WU set to "2" (notify don't download) I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DriftyDonn, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Updates-3 results from 3 sources-WU, wushowhide, Belarc What to do?

win10 Pro 1909 bld 18363.1082
    I hope I haven't posted these issues before. Please be kind if I did.
    I have WU set to "2" (notify don't download) I have drivers blocked from dl from wu. I applied patch from Sept on 5Oct, no issues. When the updates for Oct appeared, I just let them wait to be dl'd.(see attached WU.jpg) I went to hide them today using wushowhide and first checked what was hidden- the app just sat and the spinning wheel continued for about 5 min. I canceled and restarted checked Hidden -see updateshidden.jpg. Confused! I didn't think there was anything there except one intel offering from months ago. So I dl'd a 'fresh' version of wushowhide from old geeks. Opened and hid the oct offerings(wu.jpg) see hidden2.jpg. (There is one below that cannot be seen- this is the KB for 13Oct) I then updated Belarc - see Belarc missing.jpg. I am very confused about what to do at this point. The offerings for this month I will hold off on until later in the month. But what about the others- Intel,(what is this? couldn't find any info) Also I understand adobe Flash is already of no use since Html5 has replaced it- I was going to just delete flash entirely- Is this a bad idea? These intel offerings are of concern because I don't know what they are and I do not want any drivers from WU. If it is microcode, I want to find out if it has bricked any pc's like spectre/mettdown was reported to do.
    I hope some of this makes sense and also my attachments get thru ok
    Thank you for any advice you may offer.
    May You All Be safe in this time of trouble!

:)

DriftyDonn, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Oubadah Win User

WUShowHide Tool showing driver updates that aren't listed in WU

When I run the WUShowHide tool, it lists drivers that are not listed in the main WU interface. Even if there are no updates in WU at all and it says it's completely up to date, WUShowHide still lists some - things like Intel SMBus and memory controller drivers. Why is that?

Oubadah, Oct 20, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Mozilla Firefox 3 Updated to 3.0.1

Mozilla has released an update for their Firefox 3 web-browser. The update brings. Changes as condensed in the Release notes include:
    A list of security issues fixed is issued here.

Current Firefox 3 users will be automatically updated.

Source: Mozilla

btarunr, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Updates-3 results from 3 sources-WU, wushowhide, Belarc What to do?

Belarc report is in text?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on our Microsoft Community.

This is caused due to Belarc software and there might be some software conflicts as it should support the Windows 10.

Please help us providing information for the below question to assist you better.

1. Which web browser
    are you using to open the Belarc report?

Below are the steps you can try to resolve this issue.

Method 1: if the software is conflicting, better uninstall and reinstall the
    Belarc software.
    Step 1: Right click on the Start button. Select
    Programs and Featues.
    Step 2: Select the Belarc software.
    Step 3: Select Uninstall and uninstall the software.
    Step 3: Restart the system to take effect completely.

Step 4: Reinstall the Belarc software.

Please check if the issue resolves.

Note: Contact your Belarc Advisor support website.

Follow the steps by clicking on the link below.
    Contact Us

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sachin.V

Sachin V Rao, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Updates-3 results from 3 sources-WU, wushowhide, Belarc What to do?

1. Updates-3 results from 3 sources-WU, wushowhide, Belarc What to do? - Similar Threads - Updates results sources

2. 3 Updates Available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Updates Available: March 14, 2023Check for Updates: These 3 are available...Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3-updates-available/fd0f0621-8b63-48e2-b58e-7971f0641557
  3. 3 Updates Available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 Updates Available: March 14, 2023Check for Updates: These 3 are available...Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3-updates-available/fd0f0621-8b63-48e2-b58e-7971f0641557
  4. purchased a decommissioned ideapad 3 from outside source. how do I remove it from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchased a decommissioned ideapad 3 from outside source. how do I remove it from the...: i bought this laptop from an outside source unknowingly purchasing a work laptop. im not sure of the correct vocabulary to use but it's associated with a company of some sort. I have done a factory reset but can't seem to change it from a work or school laptop to one for...
  5. purchased a decommissioned ideapad 3 from outside source. how do I remove it from the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    purchased a decommissioned ideapad 3 from outside source. how do I remove it from the...: i bought this laptop from an outside source unknowingly purchasing a work laptop. im not sure of the correct vocabulary to use but it's associated with a company of some sort. I have done a factory reset but can't seem to change it from a work or school laptop to one for...
  6. I’ve waited 3 hours what do I do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’ve waited 3 hours what do I do: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Im_In_a_closet_help [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l7dj74/ive_waited_3_hours_what_do_i_do/
  7. post 3/3. what next? thank you for helping!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    post 3/3. what next? thank you for helping!!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Cody_hoff713 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fdx3tx/post_33_what_next_thank_you_for_helping/
  8. Anniversary update - 3 times failed - what to do with?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary update - 3 times failed - what to do with?: Hi! I have currently Windows 10.10586.545 Pro x64. I received not Windows Anniversary Update by Windows Update yet, I downloaded it from Microsoft. First time I tried to update, all was working correctly, but after reboot and before login reports Error occured, not...
  9. WUShowHide Tool showing driver updates that aren't listed in WU

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WUShowHide Tool showing driver updates that aren't listed in WU: When I run the WUShowHide tool, it lists drivers that are not listed in the main WU interface. Even if there are no updates in WU at all and it says it's completely up to date, WUShowHide still lists some - things like Intel SMBus and memory controller drivers. Why is that?...
  10. 3 BSOD's in the last 3 days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3 BSOD's in the last 3 days: Hello, I've been getting BSOD's every day since 3 days ago. The first one had the "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" error, as well as the third one. The second one was the "IRQL_unexpected_variable" error. According to BlueScreenView, the 1st and 3rd BSOD's were caused by Ntoskrnl.exe, and...