Windows 10: Updates and disappearing start key programs

Discus and support Updates and disappearing start key programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Office 365 Personal on my laptop, and keep getting notices that I need to update. However, all of my programs have disappeared from my Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GrouchyMayMom, May 17, 2020.

1. Updates and disappearing start key programs

I have Office 365 Personal on my laptop, and keep getting notices that I need to update. However, all of my programs have disappeared from my Start key, including my ability to open or close anything using the Start key. I also get a constant notice that there's not enough room on the laptop even though I store absolutely nothing on it. It has only what it came with plus the upgrades.

I need my start button and my programs. I can only access the programs through the pinned Office button. Help????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

GrouchyMayMom, May 17, 2020

2. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, May 17, 2020
  3. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

Dude this was a year ago

Forbidden Duck, May 17, 2020
  4. Updates and disappearing start key programs

Disappearing apps and programs

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Follow these steps to check that.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Date and Time.
    • Select Set Date And Time.
    • Click on Change Date And Time Button to change date and time.
    • Click on Change Time Zone button to change Time Zone.
    Method 2: I would suggest you to run App troubleshooter.

• Type ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search next to start.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on left side and select Windows store Apps’.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method 3: I would suggest you to reset Windows store.

• Right click on start and select ‘RUN’.
    • In the Run window, type WSReset.exe and click “Ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Updates and disappearing start key programs

1. Updates and disappearing start key programs - Similar Threads - Updates disappearing start

2. Pinned program tile on start screen disappeared when updating.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned program tile on start screen disappeared when updating.: I have windows 10. I had a program tile on my start screen. The program did an update and the tile disappeared. The program also disappeared in the programs listing. It still shows in the control panel as on my computer. I need to pin it back to start screen to use but the...
  3. Programs disappeared.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs disappeared.: I was playing a game and I pressed some keys at the same time and my screens made like a swipe animation and now I can't access programs I had open and it doesn't show they are open even though I still hear everything playing. Also, when I am on the desktop, my mose is locked...
  4. Programs keep disappearing from start-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs keep disappearing from start-up: So currently a list of programs (f.lux, Mailbird, QuiteRSS, etc.) keeps randomly disappearing from my Start-up. They're all listed in my Start-up menu but every now and then (maybe once or twice a week) they keep disappearing from the Start-up for no reason which either means...
  5. Programs and Drives Disappeared After Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs and Drives Disappeared After Update: Hello Everyone, As the title suggests, I recently tried to complete a windows update. The update failed multiple times before it eventually applied. Once I restarted my pc, I noticed the boot time was considerably slower than usual as my main boot drive is from an SSD....
  6. After computer update, program files disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After computer update, program files disappeared.: My computer automatically updated a couple of days ago. However, my program files are not in my C drive? How can I locate them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-computer-update-program-files-disappeared/7dd22f06-a155-43f2-bc91-5c080609e461"
  7. programs disappeared ater update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    programs disappeared ater update: There have been three updates, May and 2 in June. One of them removed my program Printmaster 18.1. When I tried to reinstall, nothing. It is as if there is nothing in the disc tray. Have done everything humanly possible. If I uninstall the updates will that fix the problem,...
  8. List of Programs disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    List of Programs disappeared: How do i get my list of programs back on Windows 10? When I click on the icon on the bottom left (looks like a window pane) nothing happens. Before, my list of programs appeared. Thanks...
  9. Programs Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Disappeared: Hey all, I ran into the strangest thing last night. Windows suddenly stopped being able to see many of my installed programs on one of my platter drives. I've set up my computer so that the OS is on an SSD the the majority of my programs are on a 1 TB platter designated as...
  10. Programs disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs disappeared: I was experimenting with this program I found called Alomware Reset, thankfully on a secondary computer. Basically, this program is supposed to simulate a reboot so don't have to do an actual one. The website says that it closes all non-system processes, closes all open...