Windows 10: Updates and Lost Favorites

Discus and support Updates and Lost Favorites in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I did not search every thread, if there is an answer, point me in the right direction. This has happened more than once. Auto-Update takes place,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jarebla, Apr 14, 2016.

1. jarebla Win User

Updates and Lost Favorites

I did not search every thread, if there is an answer, point me in the right direction.

This has happened more than once.

Auto-Update takes place, luckily Windows 10 works as normal.

EXCEPT, I lose ALL Favorites. I am forced to "Import" AGAIN, losing all new "Favorites", and only regaining what is "stored" in "IE".

I can not find them anywhere, hours researching lost.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

jarebla, Apr 14, 2016

2. KB3081455 (latest update)

When installed, lost files, favorites, downloads. If this update is necessary, how can I download it without losing files, favorites, downloads, etc?

GailKreklow, Apr 14, 2016
  3. BobCobler Win User
    How do I import Favorites into Windows 10

I just updated to windows 10 from 8 and lost my favorites list. how do I get my favorites list back

BobCobler, Apr 14, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, 'auto-update' - are you referring to Windows updates which are often applied automatically?
    - or are you referring to a Windows upgrade e.g. from 8 to 10?

If you can clarify your situation, someone might be able to help.

In the first case, I'm not aware of favourites being lost - and I think you're referring to IE's favourites.
    In the second, some people have lost their desktop content - don't recall favorites being lost.

Personally, I keep my favourites on a separate partition- which makes it easy. Keep as much of your personal data off the operating system disk/partition. This may help you in the future.

Either way, the key is to back up before major changes - always, to preserve your PC, your data and your sanity anticipating things going wrong.

Recommended- Disk imaging, e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + boot disk + external storage. Update periodically and before/after major changes.

dalchina, Apr 14, 2016
  5. I also have never lost my favourites on an update or upgrade or had them reshuffle themselves on any of the systems I look after

hTconeM9user, Apr 14, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I assume you are now using Edge as your default browser ?
    If yes and until you find out why and how, I would suggest that you switch to IE11 as your default browser.
    You can always go back to Edge whenever you want.

davidhk, Apr 14, 2016
  7. jarebla Win User
    dalchina: I did use the term, "update" as received from "new mail notification", "new update installed". I also referred to Windows 10 working as normal. Thanks for the reply

hTconeM9user: Count yourself as one of the lucky ones. Thanks for the reply.

davidhk: You assumed correctly. Thanks for the reply.

jarebla, Apr 14, 2016
  8. egray Win User

Some people are reporting that turning off the "Sync your content" feature of Edge has stopped this from happening again.

However, this might just be coincidence (or voodoo)

egray, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Updates and Lost Favorites - Similar Threads - Updates Lost Favorites

2. Lost Favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Favorites: One morning most of the Favorites I use all the time disappeared. these are the favorites I use most. I looked everywhere and to no avail. The first place I looked was the recycle bin, nothing. Does anyone have any idea where they might have gone? I happen to use a lot of...
  3. Lost Favorites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Favorites: One morning most of the Favorites I use all the time disappeared. these are the favorites I use most. I looked everywhere and to no avail. The first place I looked was the recycle bin, nothing. Does anyone have any idea where they might have gone? I happen to use a lot of...
  4. Lost Favorites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost favorites and sorted

in Browsers and Email
    Lost favorites and sorted: I am using Chromium Edge. A Folder got moved and I can not find it so I am assuming that it has been deleted. I would like to be able to restore the folder. Also I sorted the favorites, can I fix that? I looked at some suggested fixes but I could not find my folder. Thank...
  6. Lost favorites and sorted

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost favorites and sorted: I am using Chromium Edge. A Folder got moved and I can not find it so I am assuming that it has been deleted. I would like to be able to restore the folder. Also I sorted the favorites, can I fix that? I looked at some suggested fixes but I could not find my folder. Thank...
  7. Favorites Lost Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Favorites Lost Folder: Suddenly a folder in my Favorites list has disappeared. It also happens to be the last on the list. It's named Weather. This folder does appear on the list when I open Manage Favorites & I can access the weather sites when I open the folder. When I go back to the Favorites...
  8. All of my Favorites lost

in Browsers and Email
    All of my Favorites lost: For some reason within the last couple of hours I have lost all of my favourites which I use when I go on to the internet. I have looked in File Explorer and the folders are completely empty. I definitely haven't purposely deleted these from the folder but they have gone...
  9. Lost favorites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Lost favorites in Edge: With the last update for win 10 I lost most of my favorites. I created a new folder in favorites but cannot find it on my PC. Where is it stored? Thank you. 32075
  10. Folder in Favorites lost

in Browsers and Email
    Folder in Favorites lost: Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost...