Windows 10: Updates and printer problems-urgent

Discus and support Updates and printer problems-urgent in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got my new Windows 10 PC in May. In June, an automatic update 'happened'. My printer stopped working. I did not connect the problem to the update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ElaineSabin-Simpson, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Updates and printer problems-urgent

I got my new Windows 10 PC in May. In June, an automatic update 'happened'. My printer stopped working. I did not connect the problem to the update, tried ordering anew printer cable [it was a fairly old printer], and then gave in and ordered a new printer.

A tech-savvy friend then pointed me to your site where he had found an admission that the June update had caused many printer problems. I was annoyed at the cost incurred before this fix appeared, but gritted my teeth and carried on.

The new printer started working fine...

Then 2 or 3 days ago, another update....and my NEW printer has stopped working. I assumed printer error -[probably foolish of me in retrospect] and an HP agent, after trying various minor fixes [which took about four hours of my life], gave in and is sending me a replacement printer.

THEN I remembered the update connection.

Have you done it again?

I am a teacher, and continuing to provide online support for my students over the summer, as well as preparing for the September term...I NEED my printer almost daily.

How often are these 'updates' going to ruin my set-up, and how do I fix the CURRENT mess? I need to be able to print NOW. If every update is going to stop me working, what is the point of them?

:)

ElaineSabin-Simpson, Jul 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 20, 2020
  3. printer problems

Hi Rosemary,

For us to isolate your concern with printing, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Have you tried the printer troubleshooter?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

For additional troubleshooting steps for your printer issue, we suggest that you check and follow the instructions in this
    link.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Updates and printer problems-urgent

Printer offline problem persists

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Is it a wired or wireless printer?
    • Is the printer connected via network to your computer?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager
    • Select devices and printers
    • Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    I suggest you to update the drivers for the printers and check if it helps.

Method 2: I also recommend you to run the print troubleshooter to check the issue.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • In the left pane click on View all.
    • Select the printer option and
      follow the on screen instructions.
    Method 3: Also I suggest you to run the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Updates and printer problems-urgent

1. Updates and printer problems-urgent - Similar Threads - Updates printer problems

2. urgent: printer need attention

in Windows 10 Gaming
    urgent: printer need attention: I'm having an issue with my printer. Whenever, I run a test print on a page it will show "attention required" when I click it, it will shows the printer queue. Troubleshooter can't fix it....
  3. urgent: printer need attention

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    urgent: printer need attention: I'm having an issue with my printer. Whenever, I run a test print on a page it will show "attention required" when I click it, it will shows the printer queue. Troubleshooter can't fix it....
  4. urgent: printer need attention

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Urgent: printer attention required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent: printer attention required: Hi,I'm having issue with my printer. Whenever I print a test page before printing a lot of documents there would be a pop up saying attention required. I clicked it and it shows only the print queue. Tried restarting spooler and printer itself but it's still showing....
  6. Urgent: printer attention required

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent: printer attention required: Hi,I'm having issue with my printer. Whenever I print a test page before printing a lot of documents there would be a pop up saying attention required. I clicked it and it shows only the print queue. Tried restarting spooler and printer itself but it's still showing....
  7. Urgent: printer attention required

8. updating printer driver problem

updating printer driver problem: I have an older HP printer which I really like; I have updated the driver a few times previously with no problems. The last computer I got had Win10 installed & the printer worked ok until the last year or so when it would more & more often not print a page or selection on a...
  9. Printer problem with windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer problem with windows update: Hi, I have a problem which started after I updated to the latest update. my printer stopped printing images, the paper comes out blank when i try to print an image. documents come out fine. i uninstalled the update and it was printing fine, problem is that my computer keeps...
  10. URGENT ACTIVATION PROBLEM !

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    URGENT ACTIVATION PROBLEM !: PLEASE , i have an urgent problem with activation , i bought my built gaming pc with preinstalled windows 10 pro licensed running fine 6 or more months after the activation got declined for no reason and i was prompted for activation, so i contacted support ,used help ,and...