Windows 10: Updates and the Pause feature

Discus and support Updates and the Pause feature in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Why is there a pause feature for updates? I don't understand the reasoning behind that? When an update comes through I want to do the update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pati Riley, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Updates and the Pause feature

Hi

Why is there a pause feature for updates?

I don't understand the reasoning behind that? When an update comes through I want to do the update.

Thanks

Pati Riley

:)

Pati Riley, Jul 1, 2020

2. Update pause feature

If you mean to you use the pause update feature, I would like to let you know that the update would start from the beginning most probably.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Windows Update/Problems Pausing Updates

HI Larry,

With Windows 10, you have the option to plan updates around your busy schedule or pause them. We suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    to schedule updates in Windows 10.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jul 1, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Updates and the Pause feature

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Updates and the Pause feature

1. Updates and the Pause feature - Similar Threads - Updates Pause feature

2. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  3. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  4. deactivating the pause feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    deactivating the pause feature?: on or under advanced there is a feature that has a drop down window and it allows you to set the date to pause windows. I don't want to use this feature. how do I turn it off, there is no little left/right slide bar to turn it off. So I always have to default it to the next...
  5. How to disable windows update pause feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable windows update pause feature: I accidentally clicked the windows pause button. But I am interested to get the updates whenever Microsoft releases it. Is there any procedure to enable my daily updates...
  6. The Strange Case of the Missing Pause Feature Update Setting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The Strange Case of the Missing Pause Feature Update Setting: This has been discussed in another thread, but I came across some strange issues with this in trying to get the "Pause Feature Updates" setting to come back after the update to v1903. There appears to be three different methods (if you have Win10 Pro) of setting this pause...
  7. Windows 10 Updates Are Ignoring the Pause Updates Feature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Updates Are Ignoring the Pause Updates Feature: Three times now when I have my computer set to Pause Updates, Windows 10 keeps bypassing it then sneaking in bad updates. What is the point of pausing updates if Windows 10 is going to keep ignoring my request. I am trying to finish a project uploading large files then the...
  8. Pause Updates Not Pausing

Pause Updates Not Pausing: My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you. 136354
  9. I don't see the pause updates feature

I don't see the pause updates feature: http://windows.intowindows.netdna-cd...Windows-10.png i'm on Windows pro though? *sarc 87913
  10. Enable or Disable Pause Updates Feature in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Pause Updates Feature in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Pause Updates Feature in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Pause Updates Feature of Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows Update keeps Windows 10 updated by downloading and installing the latest updates, drivers, and hotfixes released by...