Windows 10: Updates and why do MS completely ruin your computer

Discus and support Updates and why do MS completely ruin your computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just started a months photographic trip and the first time I connect to internet it updates without any choice, deletes all the programs I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VicPaine, Feb 1, 2020.

1. VicPaine Win User

Updates and why do MS completely ruin your computer

I have just started a months photographic trip and the first time I connect to internet it updates without any choice, deletes all the programs I need to transfer/store photos and loads all the garbage ie unwanted programs and leaves MY Surface book which I paid £3000 for only useful as a doorstop. How can they do this to MY computer? MS supply the OS why do they think they have the right to render my computer useless?

:)

VicPaine, Feb 1, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Feb 1, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updates and why do MS completely ruin your computer :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 1, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I haven't had to face that problem with any of my PCs yet. (Touch wood. [Old pagan ritual to avoid bad luck.])

You may ultimately have to re-install Windows, but I hope that someone can offer a less painful fix.

A suggestion: "Windows 10 update ruined my computer" sounds like a ranting post. There are many helpful people here, but they respond better to requests for help than to complaints.

bobkn, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Updates and why do MS completely ruin your computer - Similar Threads - Updates why completely

2. Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer: The latest update March 14, 2023—KB5023696 OS Builds 19042.2728, 19044.2728, and 19045.2728 - Microsoft Supportcompletely ruined my software.Here are the problems I ran into : First, my Firefox browser just stopped being able to start. I would restart it, and it would freeze...
  3. Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer: The latest update March 14, 2023—KB5023696 OS Builds 19042.2728, 19044.2728, and 19045.2728 - Microsoft Supportcompletely ruined my software.Here are the problems I ran into : First, my Firefox browser just stopped being able to start. I would restart it, and it would freeze...
  4. Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. MS win 10 update ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS win 10 update ruined my computer: Recipients Posting this on every MS page/ site I can find in hopes of getting through to the powers that be. Recipients Bob BenoitWindows Insider Program Hi, I'm the latest newb & not sure how long I'll be following. I have an ASRock Graphite 360 LCGS w/ amd ryzen 5 5600x...
  6. MS win 10 update ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS win 10 update ruined my computer: Recipients Posting this on every MS page/ site I can find in hopes of getting through to the powers that be. Recipients Bob BenoitWindows Insider Program Hi, I'm the latest newb & not sure how long I'll be following. I have an ASRock Graphite 360 LCGS w/ amd ryzen 5 5600x...
  7. MS win 10 update ruined my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Why do your updates ruin everything

Why do your updates ruin everything: Hi Windows, I was just wondering why you send out updates that destroy computers? I have a HP Pavillion and if I wasn't a bit tech savy then I would be staring down the barrel of a $400 call out fee by an IT proffessional on a Saturday night to be able to get my laptop to...
  9. Your forced update ruined my computer!

Your forced update ruined my computer!: I have the blue screen of death, This is fraud, I did not want the update! My computer was fine prior to the update! I gather the "fix" is to purchase yet another window based computer, to download some fix for your forced update! No Way! I went out and got another...
  10. Update ruined computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update ruined computer: Hi guys. I’m not an expert but I’m reasonably tech savvy and can follow instructions. My computer has an SSD, plenty of room and I’ve never had a problem with it. It has been the perfect computer until I installed the latest updates. Audio doesn’t work at all and the...