Windows 10: Updates Are Disabling All Services

Discus and support Updates Are Disabling All Services in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This problem has been driving me nuts for several weeks. I have 3 PCs, all running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, and my main PC became extremely slow to boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RedBaronLWC, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Updates Are Disabling All Services

This problem has been driving me nuts for several weeks. I have 3 PCs, all running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, and my main PC became extremely slow to boot and load the desktop. It would take 2 or 3 minutes just to load File Explorer and run installed software.

I opened the Task Manager and found Disk usage of 80%+. I clicked on Details and found that all Services had either bee Disabled and Not Allowed. Checked the other 2 PCs and found the same problems. Today I finally got around to wiping the C drive using Seagate Disk Wizard, reinstalled Windows and all programs and software, then made a system Image, on DVD and an external Seagate backup drive.

Then I installed all the available updates and had the problems all over again, slow boot, slow everything, as well as all services in Task Manager Disabled and Not Allowed.

I have wasted many hours trying to find the problem only to find it is apparently caused by the Windows Updates.

Is there a fix for this? Is anyone else having this problem? As I said, the problem existed on all 3 PCs, and not just one of them. Seems to meit has to be an update-related problem.

I have paused all updates until I can find what the problem is. Please help on this as I have no idea what is going on.

:)

RedBaronLWC, Jul 24, 2020
  2. Rhaine C. Win User

Updates Are Disabling All Services

Greetings,

My name is Rhaine, I'm an Independent Advisor and community member like you.

I am also using Windows 10 pc. Let us work together to sort this out.

Please try the following steps below.

Install the updated Intel Chipset Device Software or Intel Server Chipset Driver from Windows Update:

a. Open Device Manager, and then click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager.

b. Select View > Devices by Type.

c. Expand System Devices.

d. Double-click the Intel chipset device from the list.

e. Select the Driver tab.

f. Click Update Driver.

To restore the power plans to default settings, follow these steps:

Click Start.

In the Search programs and files box, type cmd.

Right-click CMD, and then click Run as administrator.

At the command prompt, copy and paste each this command hit enter.

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

sfc /scannow

chkdsk c: /r

How to disable Fast startup in Windows 10 OS

Open “Control Panel” and click “Power Option”, and follow below picture.

Click “Choose what the power buttons do”

Click “Change settings that are currently unavailable”

Disable “Turn on fast startup”

Perform Clean Boot

- This process will eliminate 3rd party application running in the background of your computer along with services that are not needed to run windows. If there's any conflicting 3rd party application that causes the issue on your computer, this process will
    stop it.

1. Open the run box by pressing the Windows Key + R and type msconfig

2. System Configuration Utility box will open and by default you are on general tab.

3. On the General tab, click the selective startup and make sure that load system service and load startup items both have checked mark.

4. Click on services tab

5. Put a check mark on Hide All Microsoft Services > This is a very important part as if you miss to click on this, computer might not boot properly or permanently and will end up on clean installation.

6. Once Hide all Microsoft Services have checked mark on it, click on Disable All

7. Click on the Startup Tab and click open task manager. This will open another window which contains all your startup applications on the administrator account.

8. Disable all application that you're not using. You can simply just click on them and select disable.

9. Click OK , Apply and close the configuration utility

10.Restart your pc and check how it goes.

I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

With Warm Regards,

Rhaine C., Jul 26, 2020
  3. LMiller7 Win User
    Advise on disabling services

Why do you wish to disable system services?

The problem is that there are many services on your list that may cause problems if disabled. Nobody can know for certain which ones they are. It would take a long time to go through the list to make even an educated guess about each service. And that guess may be wrong. Microsoft does not publish a full description of what each service does. A service may be safe to disable today but may cause problems after the next Windows update, or after the next application you install, or after the next update to an application. There will likely be no obvious relationship with the problem to the disabled service, or even that the problem had anything to do with a service at all. Most applications that rely on a service will simply fail if it is not running with no hint of the cause.

LMiller7, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Updates Are Disabling All Services

Disabled all services in MSConfig

Hi Nancy,

For step-by-step instructions in troubleshooting the issue, kindly refer to the post of Frederik Long on this

link

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Updates Are Disabling All Services

1. Updates Are Disabling All Services - Similar Threads - Updates Are Disabling

2. MSCONFIG ALL DISABLED SERVICES BY MISTAKE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSCONFIG ALL DISABLED SERVICES BY MISTAKE: i have a mi laptop pls help i cannot find my bitlocker key pls help and i cannot find my bitlocker key in my Microsoft account also.i don't want to reset pls help...
  3. MSCONFIG ALL DISABLED SERVICES BY MISTAKE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSCONFIG ALL DISABLED SERVICES BY MISTAKE: i have a mi laptop pls help i cannot find my bitlocker key pls help and i cannot find my bitlocker key in my Microsoft account also.i don't want to reset pls help...
  4. MSCONFIG ALL DISABLED SERVICES BY MISTAKE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Accidentally disabled all systemconfig services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally disabled all systemconfig services: I was disabling some services so I can have more FPS in gaming.I accidentally disabled them all and restarted. I also forgot to put my microsoft account password sign in option which means I can't login and enable services back.. What should I do?...
  6. Accidentally disabled all systemconfig services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally disabled all systemconfig services: I was disabling some services so I can have more FPS in gaming.I accidentally disabled them all and restarted. I also forgot to put my microsoft account password sign in option which means I can't login and enable services back.. What should I do?...
  7. Windows Update services is disabled

Windows Update services is disabled: In windows update tab it is "One of the update services is not running properly, but you can try to run a troubleshooter to fix the problem. Go to Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then select Windows Update."...
  8. Disabled all services windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabled all services windows 10: Well I thought by disabling all services through the msconfig i could help to troubleshoot a problem of performance . When i rebooted i was givin the windows log in screen which i would use my pin. It said my pin wasnt available .So it showed sign in options . I used my...
  9. I disabled all services msconfig

I disabled all services msconfig: So i mistakenly disabled all ms config services and it ask me to restart so i did, now i can log in on any accounts and it says something happened and your pin isnt avaliable click to setup your pin again and when i press it it does nothing, i tried booting into safe mode,...
  10. Updates Are Disabling all Services

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updates Are Disabling all Services: I am running Windows 10 Pro. 64 bit After i installed the updates, the PC was slow to boot, and about 2 to 3 minutes for the taskbar. Nothing was running as they should. I opened Task Manager>Details and all Services were either Disabled or Not Allowed. I posted...