Windows 10: updates are "Pending Download" even when configured to download and isntall automatically

Discus and support updates are "Pending Download" even when configured to download and isntall automatically in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have a WSUS server and use Group Policies to push out our settings to client PCs. All of our client PCs are Windows 10 v1903, and the server is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CanadianTech1965, Aug 14, 2020.

1. updates are "Pending Download" even when configured to download and isntall automatically

We have a WSUS server and use Group Policies to push out our settings to client PCs. All of our client PCs are Windows 10 v1903, and the server is 2012R2. We use the automatic updates setting to automatically download and install at a scheduled time option 4 and the scheduled time is noon. For many years this has worked fairly consistently, but for close to a year now suspect this aligned with the move from 1803 to 1903, but not 100% sure we have had many of our client computers experience delays when installing updates.

They will detect the updates correctly, but will sit on "Pending download" until someone manually clicks the download now button. If you don't click the download button it seems that updates that are approved Wednesday morning don't download and install until Friday if you're lucky, over the weekend or Monday. It's generally up to 4 days.

Yesterday when doing a bit of troubleshooting I found that by enabling the option to "Allow automatic download over metered connection" would kick the updates to download and start installing. This is odd as it's not on a metered connection. So I modified our GPO to allow this, did a gpupdate /force and then ranusoclient ScanInstallWait on the machines. For some it helped, for some it didn't. I suspect that it is because the updates were detected prior to the change but am not certain. Also running usoclient StartDownload doesn't seem to do anything. Nothing is report in the Event Viewer WindowsUpdate operational logs, nothing new shows up in get-windowsupdate log in powershell, nor does anything appear in the softwaredistribution\reportingevents.log

What options can I look at to start downloads promptly, or is this behaviour by design?

:)

CanadianTech1965, Aug 14, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 14, 2020
  3. stop pending downloads

Hi Marknjen,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

Please be informed that the pending download that you see in Microsoft Store are updates for the apps that are already installed and not new apps. You may uninstall the apps if you do not use them.

If you are facing issues in downloading updates for the apps that you use, we would suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

Method 1: Run store app troubleshooter.

1. Go to settings>updates & security>troubleshooter.
    2. Scroll down and click on Windows store app
    3. It will provide you with the Troubleshooting Report.

Method 2.

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter it will automatically fix some common problems installing updates and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Click the below link

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 14, 2020
  4. stasio Win User

updates are "Pending Download" even when configured to download and isntall automatically

AIDA64 BETA downloads

From developer:
    *Smile updates are "Pending Download" even when configured to download and isntall automatically :)

stasio, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

updates are "Pending Download" even when configured to download and isntall automatically

1. updates are "Pending Download" even when configured to download and isntall automatically - Similar Threads - updates are Pending

2. Update stuck on pending download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update stuck on pending download: Hi, I recently switched from W7 to W10 and couldnt procced with Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 27.20.1034.6 update. I guess this is why I cannot start any game through GeforceNow. I did try some command line forcestop and manual install, or delete cache to check for...
  3. Update stuck on pending download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck on pending download: Hi, I recently switched from W7 to W10 and couldnt procced with Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 27.20.1034.6 update. I guess this is why I cannot start any game through GeforceNow. I did try some command line forcestop and manual install, or delete cache to check for...
  4. Update stuck on pending download

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Available updates to download, stay on "Pending Download"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available updates to download, stay on "Pending Download": The list of available downloads keeps growing, as they all stay on "Pending Download".Steps I have taken so far- Deleted the content of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and performed a reboot.- Performed the following actions and rebootednet stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net...
  6. Available updates to download, stay on "Pending Download"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available updates to download, stay on "Pending Download": The list of available downloads keeps growing, as they all stay on "Pending Download".Steps I have taken so far- Deleted the content of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and performed a reboot.- Performed the following actions and rebootednet stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net...
  7. Update stuck on download pending

Update stuck on download pending: I've tried everything I can find on google. Using cmd etc etc I have managed to manually install 3 updates but the 2 left dont seem to install Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.303.1584.0)\ 2019-10 Cumulative Update for...
  8. Can't "Automatically download updates, even ..."

Can't "Automatically download updates, even ...": I select the auto update but it changes itself back right before my eyes. I think this has been going on for a long time. Can you help me fix this? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Download Pending

Download Pending: https://i.imgur.com/64qEXZB.png Nothing being solved. I've done this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027322/windows-update-troubleshooter and this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=9905 I have recently reset my PC keeping my old...
  10. Pending Download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pending Download: Hello I can't finish updates. Settings>Updates indicates previous error, I choose to Retry and get bunch of found updates but all with status of pending download. What can I do to unblock the stalled updates? [img] 116124