Windows 10: Updates are still pending after install

Discus and support Updates are still pending after install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I run the Windows update for hour and a half then it restarted for a short period of time. I thought everything went well since it runs usual however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by brown.dubuque17, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Updates are still pending after install

I run the Windows update for hour and a half then it restarted for a short period of time. I thought everything went well since it runs usual however as I check the version and build that I have it is the same and on the update history nothing is installed. I run the update again and it runs the same update that I run for thrice now.

:)

brown.dubuque17, Dec 3, 2022

2. Updates pending

I am running with windows 10.0.20231 and have pending updates for:

• Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.20241.1005 (rs_prerelease)
    • Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - Keyboard - Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard for HP Hotkey Support
    For some reason the updates continue to show as pending and are not being installed. I ran the update troubleshooter and the only issue it found was:

Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException

I'm unclear as to why this is a problem or what I need to do to resume my downloads, anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to fix this?

MarkWood-Patrick, Dec 3, 2022
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Updates are still pending after install

Unable to install pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Paro,

Apologize for the delay in response to your issue.

As the above troubleshooting steps couldn't resolve the issue to install pending updates, let us try the below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to rename SoftwareDistribution folder and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services.

• Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following commands at a command prompt. Press ENTER key after each command.
    • net stop wuauserv
    • net stop cryptSvc
    • net stop bits
    • net stop msiserver

Step 2: Rename SoftwareDistribution folder.

• Press Windows key + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net stop wuauserv and press Enter.
    • Type rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old
      and press enter
    • Type net start wuauserv and press Enter.
    • Type exit and press Enter

Step 3: Start BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services

• Type the following commands in the Command Prompt.

• Press the ENTER key each command.
    • net start wuauserv
    • net start cryptSvc
    • net start bits
    • net start msiserver
    3. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close

4. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

Updates are still pending after install

1. Updates are still pending after install - Similar Threads - Updates are still

2. Updates are still pending after install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates are still pending after install: I run the Windows update for hour and a half then it restarted for a short period of time. I thought everything went well since it runs usual however as I check the version and build that I have it is the same and on the update history nothing is installed. I run the update...
  3. Updates are still pending after install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates are still pending after install: I run the Windows update for hour and a half then it restarted for a short period of time. I thought everything went well since it runs usual however as I check the version and build that I have it is the same and on the update history nothing is installed. I run the update...
  4. Pending updates are not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pending updates are not installing: I have cumulative updates in my system and it never install. I dont have error message or code that I can provide but the update stuck at 60 then start all over again in the download. I have been dealing with this for 3 days now and never install.I run windows update...
  5. Windows update KB4023057 installed but still showing as pending

Windows update KB4023057 installed but still showing as pending: I downloaded and successfully installed an update yesterday :- 2022-01 Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB4023057This is showing as successfully installed in the update history.However, it is still showing as a Pending Install - restarting does nothing...
  6. Windows update KB4023057 installed but still showing as pending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update KB4023057 installed but still showing as pending: I downloaded and successfully installed an update yesterday :- 2022-01 Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB4023057This is showing as successfully installed in the update history.However, it is still showing as a Pending Install - restarting does nothing...
  7. Windows update KB4023057 installed but still showing as pending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. install pending updates

install pending updates: Hello! I am brand new to Windows 10. I know, what took me so long right? The update system is a lot different than what I'm used to, I can't seem to find the "Install" button. There's just "Pause updates for 7 days" "Change active hours" "View update history"...
  9. Order still pending days after

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Order still pending days after: I recently purchased an Elite Series 2 controller and the money was taken from my account yet the order is still pending! Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/order-still-pending-days-after/e250d901-f5f3-426f-b39a-5baa3d7d90ef"
  10. Updates Pending to Installed

Updates Pending to Installed: How do I get from Pending to Installed when new updates have completed the download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-pending-to-installed/4b6e947b-a2c1-478e-924f-d1e8282c095a