Windows 10: updates broke my audio

Discus and support updates broke my audio in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can have audio again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-broke-my-audio/44cc99cb-5a62-4e6e-9325-e34112a7990a Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by juliofabrega, Feb 27, 2020.

1. updates broke my audio

How can have audio again?

:)

juliofabrega, Feb 27, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 27, 2020
  4. updates broke my audio

Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

updates broke my audio

1. updates broke my audio - Similar Threads - updates broke audio

2. Audio device broke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio device broke: I'm learning online on Zoom then suddenly, everything on the screen disappear. After that, I couldn't hear everything from my laptop. The audio icon became red. I ran the troubleshooter and it telled me to restart. I restarted my laptop but everything is still not resolved....
  3. Audio device broke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio device broke: I'm learning online on Zoom then suddenly, everything on the screen disappear. After that, I couldn't hear everything from my laptop. The audio icon became red. I ran the troubleshooter and it telled me to restart. I restarted my laptop but everything is still not resolved....
  4. Audio device broke

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Broke My Audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Broke My Audio: Some one please help. I updated windows recently and this morning when I woke up for class windows no longer picks up my yeti mic and Bluetooth Corsair headset. I’ve tried almost everything but they just don’t seem to be getting picked up by my pc anymore pls help submitted...
  6. Audio broke after update

Audio broke after update: I updated a few days ago and after booting up a game the system crashed and showed me a blue screen. After looping back and forth between booting up the computer and going back to the blue screen it finally stopped after an attempt at repair. So Im at my desktop any...
  7. Update 1909 broke my audio and my search bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1909 broke my audio and my search bar: Stop pushing out updates that break everything. Why, just why would you force an update on users that breaks something as key as audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-1909-broke-my-audio-and-my-search-bar/380602d7-1262-4954-b188-cabd1ad6cdc1
  8. Recent update broke audio output selection.

Recent update broke audio output selection.: Just a heads up for people who use multiple audio outputs. After recent update default audio selection does nothing and I need to reboot the system each time I want to change audio output. submitted by /u/snaut [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 update broke my audio

Windows 10 update broke my audio: When I updated my computer to the latest windows 10 version (1903) it broke my audio. I cant connect my headphones to my pc and the only sound I get is the sound from my second monitor which is a TV. I have tried updating all my drivers, uninstalling them, disabling them,...
  10. KB4022716 broke my audio

KB4022716 broke my audio: So just installed KB4022716, hoping it would fix the slow boot after creaters update but it completely broke my audio. All sound stutters like crazy. It's so bad that i cant even understand what someone says in for example review video on YouTube. Music playback, same....