Windows 10: Updates broken Microsoft Account Login..........!!!!!

Discus and support Updates broken Microsoft Account Login..........!!!!! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I can no long sign in using my MS account into windows. Also none of my Microsoft 365 Apps work any more they just say product is not registered and if... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Tabulous, May 21, 2020.

1. Tabulous Win User

Updates broken Microsoft Account Login..........!!!!!

I can no long sign in using my MS account into windows. Also none of my Microsoft 365 Apps work any more they just say product is not registered and if i try they fail.

I can log into my MS via web no problem and all the subscriptions are valid.

I also cannot view MS app store or migrate local account to MS account in windows.

Have noticed the service "Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant" is not running and if try to run it i get Error 0x80070005 Access Denied.

Event Viewer for the system also shows this :-

Event ID : 7023 Error

"The Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant service terminated with the following error:

General access denied error"

It looks like a update as not worked and has left some files corrupt or with wrong permissions......

Please note re-install is not an option, this is development PC and would be a nightmare to re-install. If this is suggested i'll dump windows and switch to a MAC..........

:)

Tabulous, May 21, 2020
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, May 21, 2020
  3. MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 21, 2020
  4. martik777 Win User

Unable to login to Paypal phone broken

I use an authenticator app on my phone for 2 step verification to login to paypal but my phone is broken so I can no longer get the code. I've tried using the microsoft authenticator app on another device but it's looking for a QR code to scan which I can't access since I can't login to paypal

Paypal tells me they is no way they can turn off the 2 step verification whjich means I cannot ever access my account.

There must be a way around this?

martik777, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Updates broken Microsoft Account Login..........!!!!! - Similar Threads - Updates broken Microsoft

2. Microsoft account sign in broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account sign in broken: I'm trying to login to a semi broken install of windows that I stopped using a few months ago, but I have files encrypted with a EFS key that's on this install. That being said, I got it into a bootable state again but its a complete mess, attempting to login to my account, I...
  3. Microsoft account sign in broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account sign in broken: I'm trying to login to a semi broken install of windows that I stopped using a few months ago, but I have files encrypted with a EFS key that's on this install. That being said, I got it into a bootable state again but its a complete mess, attempting to login to my account, I...
  4. Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account login: My password to Microsoft Account is not correct when I login using a different pc. Any suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-login/712678ca-5059-47f4-8f28-b7e229bf6c60
  5. Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account login: My password to Microsoft Account is not correct when I login using a different pc. Any suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-login/712678ca-5059-47f4-8f28-b7e229bf6c60
  6. Microsoft login account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft login account: Hi, i’m definitely hoping somebody can help me I have changed the administration and Microsoft email to a new email and every time I try to log into my computer it’s still using the old email and will not let me login if I can find a way to remove the files on my computer...
  7. Login in to Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login in to Microsoft Account: Hello. Years ago - like more than 10 - I created a personal Microsoft account for an email account I no longer have. I gave that up about 9.11 years ago. Because it's been so long since I wanted to use that, I cannot remember the password and have zero interest in...
  8. After 20H2 default user login is broken - Microsoft account popup on every PC login -...

After 20H2 default user login is broken - Microsoft account popup on every PC login -...: Since I installed the 20H2 update on my PC a login to the system after a boot or after locking the screen always takes around one minute. I am using a Microsoft account to login. This is what happens: - On my login screen my name and photo are shown, below is a text...
  9. Microsoft Updater is Broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Updater is Broken: Hi all, I recently purchased a Zephyrus G14 from Asus running Windows 10 home edition. It has a separate MyAsus app to run some updates, but I have not used that. When I go into Windows 10 update in settings it says in red that "Your device is missing important security and...
  10. Microsoft Account Login

Microsoft Account Login: I am unable to manage my microsoft account via the Settings/Accounts/Your Info. I click on "manage my microsoft account" and the dialog box just shows a spinning circle and never stops unitl i cancel it out. I can log into my account if I go via a browser so my account...