Windows 10: Updates Cannot be Installed or Uninstalled

Discus and support Updates Cannot be Installed or Uninstalled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, The computer hasn't been used much since 2016. Now, there is a problem with Windows 10 installing updates. Have tried many different solutions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David Espey, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Updates Cannot be Installed or Uninstalled

Hello,

The computer hasn't been used much since 2016. Now, there is a problem with Windows 10 installing updates. Have tried many different solutions proposed online from different articles with no luck. Many suggested uninstalling updates which would give an error that the computer couldn't uninstall updates. Have tried to reset the computer and reinstall windows from the safe boot, but that, as well, couldn't complete. Would get to about 50% before failing.

:)

David Espey, Jan 13, 2021

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Updates Cannot be Installed or Uninstalled :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jan 13, 2021
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jan 13, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Updates Cannot be Installed or Uninstalled

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updates Cannot be Installed or Uninstalled :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Updates Cannot be Installed or Uninstalled

1. Updates Cannot be Installed or Uninstalled - Similar Threads - Updates Cannot Installed

2. Driver is installed, but I cannot modify/uninstall/update it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver is installed, but I cannot modify/uninstall/update it: I updated to Windows 11 and I had a driver installed for a piece of equipment I've been using with my machine for over a year. The driver is present because I can still use the piece of equipment but I cannot remove the driver and reinstall it to make sure I have the latest...
  3. Driver is installed, but I cannot modify/uninstall/update it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver is installed, but I cannot modify/uninstall/update it: I updated to Windows 11 and I had a driver installed for a piece of equipment I've been using with my machine for over a year. The driver is present because I can still use the piece of equipment but I cannot remove the driver and reinstall it to make sure I have the latest...
  4. cannot install paint after uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot install paint after uninstall: Hi,I was not able to open MS paint in Win 11 so I uninstalled as suggested in some other comments but when I try to install paint from MS store I cannot install -...
  5. cannot install paint after uninstall

cannot install paint after uninstall: Hi,I was not able to open MS paint in Win 11 so I uninstalled as suggested in some other comments but when I try to install paint from MS store I cannot install -...
  6. Window Feature Update Errors - cannot install or uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Feature Update Errors - cannot install or uninstall: the feature update 20H2 was installed on 01/12/20. however when i do a windows update check, my PC keeps trying to download and install the same update with install failure. The update 21H1 was also made available, but i cannot install this either. no idea what's going on....
  7. Cannot update uninstaller log file

Cannot update uninstaller log file: I'm installing some old scooby doo games and are having trouble with getting them to run. So I uninstalled the game and are trying to reinstall it, but when i go trough The Learning Company Setup and get to the installation part it gets to 26% then a error measage pops up...
  8. Cannot install/uninstall a software

Cannot install/uninstall a software: Hi! I installed Ivanti Endpoint Manager. I used it for a while. A new version became available. When I was updating it, something went wrong and it failed to upgrade. Please see the screenshot for details. Now, I am trying to completely uninstall this application but it gets...
  9. .msi files cannot be installed. Install / Uninstall app cannot be launched.

.msi files cannot be installed. Install / Uninstall app cannot be launched.: Hello there. I'm facing serious problem right now. I wanted to learn JavaScript and have to download the language. The language file is in .msi types. When I want to install, as it almost finished installing, the error popped up and said: [ATTACH] I tried to look up in the...
  10. Cannot Keep updates uninstalled

Cannot Keep updates uninstalled: I am trying to uninstall updates KB4556803 and KB4552925 because they basically broke my computer. I used the 'uninstall an update' system to uninstall both, and it says to restart my computer to complete the uninstall. The problem is that while restarting, it automatically...