Windows 10: Updates cause boot-up failure

Discus and support Updates cause boot-up failure in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Last night as I shutdown my computer the blue updates screen appeared, the one that says "Installing updates, 10%, 20%, ...Do not shut off your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dangnad2, Jun 12, 2019 at 8:02 PM.

1. dangnad2 Win User

Updates cause boot-up failure

Last night as I shutdown my computer the blue updates screen appeared, the one that says "Installing updates, 10%, 20%, ...Do not shut off your computer". That was strange since I always thought I was able to choose when to update.

This morning my computer would not boot up. I used a USB recovery drive and system restore to get my computer running again. Since I wasn't doing anything unusual yesterday I am convinced it was an update.

Now I have four updates awaiting restart to finish: KB4503327, KB4465065, KB4503308 (Flash Player), and KB4503327. The updates except for Flash Player are all 1809 x64-based systems.

I looked online and found no way to install these four one at a time.

Has anyone else run into this problem? What should I do to avoid a boot-up failure again?

:)

2. Kenshai Win User

Confusing Disk Boot Failure

Well, Brand new Harddrive the western digital se16 caviar 640. Had a clean install, and while installing drivers and programs after a couple restarts I am receiving disk boot failure. Not the first restart or the second. Each time that it has given me the failure was after installing updates. I've system restored to before installing the updates and it works fine. It's a large list of around 38 or so updates. Granted may be a fluke but anyone heard of this?

P5N-E SLi
    E6420
    OCZ Platinum 2 x 1 kit
    WD 640gb

3. After update computer boots to Bios screen

Hi Denise,

Automatic restart after an update may be caused by a hardware failure. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows and type "view advanced system settings".
    • Select View advanced system settings.
    • Under the Startup and Recovery section, click
      Settings.
    • Under System Failure, remove the check mark next to
      Automatically restart
      and click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Get back to us with the status of the issue.

4. Updates cause boot-up failure

Confusing Disk Boot Failure

I've had this happen to me when I was installing stuff on my board.. Go, update by update and install them.. don't go and let Vista just download and install. That way you can find the problem update, and make it to where you don't use the updater to do it... A lot of times it has to do with Nvidia...

Thema:

Updates cause boot-up failure

1. Updates cause boot-up failure - Similar Threads - Updates cause boot

2. Boot failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot failure: Windows 10. After overnight shutdown PC won't boot. Monitor blank. No POST. After several minutes switch off and try again. Boot success on second or third attempt. Event viewer shows "unexpected shutdown"...
  3. Boot failure

Boot failure: I noticed that some viruses and trojans had infected my Windows 10 pro desktop. Therefore I tried uninstalling those trojans from control panel>uninstall a program. After that when I rebooted my desktop, the windows boot screen appeared and after that instead of taking me to...
  4. KB4100347 causes Windows boot up problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4100347 causes Windows boot up problem: Yesterday, I had problems with Windows Update KB4100347. The update seems to be installed succesfully, but after the Windows login screen, I get a white screen with a scroll box and some strange text. Definitely not the expected desktop background with the icons and the...
  5. Failure to boot up correctly after change of ram

Failure to boot up correctly after change of ram: I upgraded my RAM from 6Gb to 16Gb on Friday. I thought that the process would have been straightforward. I took out the old 3 x 2 Gb memory sticks and inserted 2 x 8 Gb sticks in slots 1 and 2. Computer booted normally and worked OK. However, on Sunday when I switched...
  6. Newly installed 2nd internal hard drive causes boot failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Newly installed 2nd internal hard drive causes boot failure: I am running Win 10 64 bit, version 1803. I have just added a second internal drive to my system. It displays in Admin as Drive E 298.08 Gb, NTFS healthy, page file, active, primary partition, layout simple, type basic). With the second drive E: installed my boot drive C:...
  7. Update failure; boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update failure; boot loop: with the recent Windows update (as of mid July, 2018), my HP laptop fails in updating each time. I don’t know why it fails, but it has twice now. We have tried system restore, but we hope to get a solution that allows us to complete the update, and not be stuck in a boot loop...
  8. Hyper-V installation causes boot failure

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V installation causes boot failure: Hello all. James here. I'm trying to setup Hyper-V, using Kari's tutorial. After I select the modules, Windows installs them and asks for a reboot. I oblige and then the system loops. I have tried three times and have had to restore all three times. I have enabled Intel...
  9. [Failured-To-Boot-Up] BsoDs+Boot-Loop+AutoRestarts (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [Failured-To-Boot-Up] BsoDs+Boot-Loop+AutoRestarts (Windows 10): This Problem has been happening since the Later Updates of Windows 10. (I remember when Windows 10 was first released, I had Zero problems with the OS, my PC was running fine. So, it confuses me, makes me think that it could be Windows 10, but it could also just be a problem...
  10. Boot stall/failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot stall/failure: Lenovo P50 Second monitor Anker powered USB hub Yesterday, after returning home with the machine, I plugged in the power and assorted USB ports and booted. The machine stalled at the Lenovo splash screen. The drive light flickered not with usual random periodicity but at...