Windows 10: Updates cause boot-up failure

Discus and support Updates cause boot-up failure in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Last night as I shutdown my computer the blue updates screen appeared, the one that says "Installing updates, 10%, 20%, ...Do not shut off your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dangnad2, Jun 12, 2019.

1. dangnad2 Win User

Updates cause boot-up failure

Last night as I shutdown my computer the blue updates screen appeared, the one that says "Installing updates, 10%, 20%, ...Do not shut off your computer". That was strange since I always thought I was able to choose when to update.

This morning my computer would not boot up. I used a USB recovery drive and system restore to get my computer running again. Since I wasn't doing anything unusual yesterday I am convinced it was an update.

Now I have four updates awaiting restart to finish: KB4503327, KB4465065, KB4503308 (Flash Player), and KB4503327. The updates except for Flash Player are all 1809 x64-based systems.

I looked online and found no way to install these four one at a time.

Has anyone else run into this problem? What should I do to avoid a boot-up failure again?

:)

dangnad2, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Kenshai Win User

Confusing Disk Boot Failure

Well, Brand new Harddrive the western digital se16 caviar 640. Had a clean install, and while installing drivers and programs after a couple restarts I am receiving disk boot failure. Not the first restart or the second. Each time that it has given me the failure was after installing updates. I've system restored to before installing the updates and it works fine. It's a large list of around 38 or so updates. Granted may be a fluke but anyone heard of this?

P5N-E SLi
    E6420
    OCZ Platinum 2 x 1 kit
    WD 640gb

Kenshai, Jun 12, 2019
  3. After update computer boots to Bios screen

Hi Denise,

Automatic restart after an update may be caused by a hardware failure. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows and type "view advanced system settings".
    • Select View advanced system settings.
    • Under the Startup and Recovery section, click
      Settings.
    • Under System Failure, remove the check mark next to
      Automatically restart
      and click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Get back to us with the status of the issue.

Dennis Mop, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Updates cause boot-up failure

Confusing Disk Boot Failure

I've had this happen to me when I was installing stuff on my board.. Go, update by update and install them.. don't go and let Vista just download and install. That way you can find the problem update, and make it to where you don't use the updater to do it... A lot of times it has to do with Nvidia...

Cold Storm, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Updates cause boot-up failure

1. Updates cause boot-up failure - Similar Threads - Updates cause boot

2. Windows update causing Boot Failure with XMP on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update causing Boot Failure with XMP on: I updated windows which is still windows 10 btw two days ago, a literally installed NOTHING else on my computer. I`m running the same rig for 10 months now with 2x16 Corsair LPX Ram, at 3200, with XMP on. After the update I get ``Boot Failure detected``, I press ``load...
  3. Windows update causing Boot Failure with XMP on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update causing Boot Failure with XMP on: I updated windows which is still windows 10 btw two days ago, a literally installed NOTHING else on my computer. I`m running the same rig for 10 months now with 2x16 Corsair LPX Ram, at 3200, with XMP on. After the update I get ``Boot Failure detected``, I press ``load...
  4. Windows update causing Boot Failure with XMP on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC boot up failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boot up failure: Actually i was resetting my windows 10 pro through the Reset this PC in recovery setting and as my PC was getting a reset, suddenly a power outage took place. Hoping that nothing would have got wrong i started my PC but dang... My PC now just keep on restarting it continously...
  6. PC boot up failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC boot up failure: Actually i was resetting my windows 10 pro through the Reset this PC in recovery setting and as my PC was getting a reset, suddenly a power outage took place. Hoping that nothing would have got wrong i started my PC but dang... My PC now just keep on restarting it continously...
  7. updates caused failures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates caused failures: Since January 2021 my computer has being behaving weird, after this months updates KB5003637 and KB5003254 it became annoyingly unusable, I uninstalled last updates and it improved a little, but still behaving weird, sometimes i have to reboot to be able to keep working.How...
  8. Windows 10 update causing boot failure

Windows 10 update causing boot failure: Windows 10 did an automatic update last night. This morning my computer won't boot. Gets as far as Lenovo splash screen, dots swirl for a minute or so, then the screen goes black. Power and battery lights still lit, but absolutely no response. Tried power drain, F2 and F8,...
  9. Boot up failure

Boot up failure: Good morning, its been a while since I had a problem, helped by the forum volunteers. Today, our HP Envy suddenly froze and would not respond to anything. I performed an emergency power off, waited 30 seconds and powered on. Nothing although the monitor flickered briefly. I...
  10. Boot up failure

Boot up failure: Hi, My laptop won't boot up, I did an update yesterday, it got interrupted when updating as the battery died, after that I accidently selected to undo the update, and that's when it started going funny. My sister turned it off after a few hours, and it's still continuing...