Windows 10: Updates Change the Way Some Apps Operate

Discus and support Updates Change the Way Some Apps Operate in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I enjoy using the iHeartRadio app and like to listen to background music from several of my favorite stations for several hours at a time in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ken-Williams, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Updates Change the Way Some Apps Operate

I enjoy using the iHeartRadio app and like to listen to background music from several of my favorite stations for several hours at a time in the background while I go about my work in my office.

Every update of Windows 10 that comes out and is loaded seems to change the way that this app operates. In the current update from a month or so ago, I cannot minimize the app window without having the program close about 1 minute later. Also, when the monitor goes to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity, the iHeartRadio app shuts down after 1 minute. I used to be able to listen for hours even though I am not actively using my computer.

Every update has a different set of settings, and this is the first one that I have had trouble figuring out some combination of settings to be able to listen for some extended length of time. So . . . what might work?

:)

Ken-Williams, Oct 10, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Oct 13, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Oct 13, 2018
  4. monim1 Win User

Updates Change the Way Some Apps Operate

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Updates Change the Way Some Apps Operate

1. Updates Change the Way Some Apps Operate - Similar Threads - Updates Change Apps

2. Change Prt SC key back to the way it operated in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Prt SC key back to the way it operated in Windows 10.: Windows 10 had the easiest set up for taking screenshots. Simply press the Insert Prt Sc key and it would take a full screen shot and place it in the One Drive "Screen shot" Folder. Simple. Duhhhhhh!. Now that I have upgraded to new PC with Windows 11 I have to press two keys...
  3. Change Prt SC key back to the way it operated in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Prt SC key back to the way it operated in Windows 10.: Windows 10 had the easiest set up for taking screenshots. Simply press the Insert Prt Sc key and it would take a full screen shot and place it in the One Drive "Screen shot" Folder. Simple. Duhhhhhh!. Now that I have upgraded to new PC with Windows 11 I have to press two keys...
  4. some inconvenient operations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some inconvenient operations: I've noticed recently and noticed it before that many Windows apps need to be opened before they can detect updates. All apps that need updating are never shown in the Microsoft Store. Because I reinstall Windows so often, a lot of apps need to be updated individually, which...
  5. some inconvenient operations

some inconvenient operations: I've noticed recently and noticed it before that many Windows apps need to be opened before they can detect updates. All apps that need updating are never shown in the Microsoft Store. Because I reinstall Windows so often, a lot of apps need to be updated individually, which...
  6. Updating operating system version in AD why some work and some don't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating operating system version in AD why some work and some don't: So when you patch a Microsoft Operating systems, the version updates on the O/S and it generally updates into Active Directory.Just wondering why this does not work.Ie I just patched a about 50 Windows 2012 R2 systems.Some updated to Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard...
  7. Updating operating system version in AD why some work and some don't

Updating operating system version in AD why some work and some don't: So when you patch a Microsoft Operating systems, the version updates on the O/S and it generally updates into Active Directory.Just wondering why this does not work.Ie I just patched a about 50 Windows 2012 R2 systems.Some updated to Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard...
  8. Is there a way to change app icons on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change app icons on the taskbar?: [IMG] As you can see I have customised my taskbar's program icons so that they look neat and tidy. I am unable to change the icons for programs which are classed as 'apps' by Windows however. I have scoured Google and tried everything I can think of but I can't figure it...
  9. Changing the operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing the operating system: After I install windows 10 many parts in my laptop have broken [dongle, web camera , key board etc]. Now my laptop got automatic repair loop that cannot be stoppable. Only thing I want is a method to buy a genuine product key for windows 7. Can you mention a method to buy it...
  10. File association not changing to some apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    File association not changing to some apps: I have a laptop with Windows 10 home 64-bit on it, and the only thing I did to make old apps compatible, is that I set the owner of Program Files and Program Files (x86) to myself, and gave myself full access to those folders. The problem I'm having is that whenever I try to...