Windows 10: Updates changes my Windows

Discus and support Updates changes my Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time there is a windows update, my computer acts like it's brand new. I have to search for my files, put pictures back on my lock screen and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VideoGirlJean, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Updates changes my Windows

Every time there is a windows update, my computer acts like it's brand new. I have to search for my files, put pictures back on my lock screen and my social media accounts don't recognize my computer. How can I stop it from doing that?

Thanks,

Jean

:)

VideoGirlJean, Aug 9, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 9, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updates changes my Windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 9, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Updates changes my Windows

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Updates changes my Windows

1. Updates changes my Windows - Similar Threads - Updates changes

2. Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes: Hello. I cant update my win10. Every time i get this error on 97%: We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes.My CBS folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag2f64qHpHghjAGwSNXlm5-226oR?e=4OhLFEDoing many fix attempts, nothing helps :Help me pls....
  3. Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes: Hello. I cant update my win10. Every time i get this error on 97%: We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes.My CBS folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag2f64qHpHghjAGwSNXlm5-226oR?e=4OhLFEDoing many fix attempts, nothing helps :Help me pls....
  4. Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows update on 4/10/2024 has changed something that won't let me get into my Quickbooks...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update on 4/10/2024 has changed something that won't let me get into my Quickbooks...: Windows update on 4/10/2024 has changed something that won't let me get into my Quickbooks program. There was a Quickbooks update also and it can't find the file since the Windows update....
  6. Windows update on 4/10/2024 has changed something that won't let me get into my Quickbooks...

Windows update on 4/10/2024 has changed something that won't let me get into my Quickbooks...: Windows update on 4/10/2024 has changed something that won't let me get into my Quickbooks program. There was a Quickbooks update also and it can't find the file since the Windows update....
  7. How do get my ethernet adapter to properly work after update changed something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do get my ethernet adapter to properly work after update changed something: A Windows update yesterday affected my ethernet adapter. I've run basic diagnostics, and it is working but I'm not able to connect my CAT line. I've checked my router, Internet connection using WiFi in the meantime, uninstalled the update, installed and reinstalled drivers,...
  8. How do get my ethernet adapter to properly work after update changed something

How do get my ethernet adapter to properly work after update changed something: A Windows update yesterday affected my ethernet adapter. I've run basic diagnostics, and it is working but I'm not able to connect my CAT line. I've checked my router, Internet connection using WiFi in the meantime, uninstalled the update, installed and reinstalled drivers,...
  9. How do get my ethernet adapter to properly work after update changed something

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update: After automatic update received pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-change-in/ee5d78b8-4d05-4449-a0bd-162b824e0ed8