Windows 10: Updates changing my settings

Discus and support Updates changing my settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Only had my Lenovo laptop for 6 months and every time windows updates I lose all my desktop settings and the first time it did it, there was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Confused-sd, May 25, 2020.

1. Updates changing my settings

Only had my Lenovo laptop for 6 months and every time windows updates I lose all my desktop settings and the first time it did it, there was a temporary user installed. None of the options and pre-installed programs on start work. When I click on them nothing happens except a white line appears under the option. I can only find my folders under users. Have paused all updates till I can sort this.

:)

Confused-sd, May 25, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 25, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, May 25, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Updates changing my settings

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Updates changing my settings

1. Updates changing my settings - Similar Threads - Updates changing settings

2. Windows Updates Keeps Changing my settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Keeps Changing my settings: Please help me. Each time Windows makes an update, I lose all of my settings and desktop files. In addition, my taskbar items are deleted and replaced with Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Store, etc. What can I do to prevent this from happening? I have paused updates but when it...
  3. Windows Updates Keeps Changing my settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates Keeps Changing my settings: Please help me. Each time Windows makes an update, I lose all of my settings and desktop files. In addition, my taskbar items are deleted and replaced with Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Store, etc. What can I do to prevent this from happening? I have paused updates but when it...
  4. Windows Updates Keeps Changing my settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows updates change my settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows updates change my settings: I have Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2. This morning I unpaused the Windows update setting and installed the updates from last month. Windows said to reboot in order to complete the installation, so I did, but after the screen went black the computer stalled. To my uneducated...
  6. Asking how to change my Windows Updates settings

Asking how to change my Windows Updates settings: Hi. Recently, I had to purchase & start using a new laptop computer sometime in October 2020. On my new laptop computer, I receive Windows updates anytime during the day & when I choose to install them, I then need to restart my computer. I’m aware that I can schedule a time...
  7. updates changing settings

updates changing settings: Is there a way to get the updates without completely resetting all of the settings on my computer? Cortana is irredeemable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-changing-settings/17e9ab32-37ec-45f8-ae10-4d9300a8bf2e
  8. Change Windows Update Settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change Windows Update Settings: Is it possible with windows 10 (like windows 7) where I can change the Windows Update Settings so I get notified if there are new updates available and download them, rather than Windows just downloading and installing the updates? So if there was an update I didn't want...
  9. 10 updates keep changing my coreldraw settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    10 updates keep changing my coreldraw settings: Hey All--Each time Windows 10 updates--I lose features of my CorelDraw x5 software, fonts disappear, can't minimize some windows, etc. any ideas out there , *Sick 97850
  10. An update changed my whole customized settings, can't change it back

in Windows 10 Support
    An update changed my whole customized settings, can't change it back: Hey guys, my windows (10) was updated by himself and a lot of my settings were changed. Some I fixed and some I failed too. Can you help me change it back? I search for solution on the tutorial form but didnt find. 1. My colour settings were changed - from pure white to...