Windows 10: updates changing settings

Discus and support updates changing settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a way to get the updates without completely resetting all of the settings on my computer? Cortana is irredeemable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by name4567890-=, Feb 13, 2020.

1. updates changing settings

Is there a way to get the updates without completely resetting all of the settings on my computer? Cortana is irredeemable.

:)

name4567890-=, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 13, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Feb 13, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

updates changing settings

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

updates changing settings

1. updates changing settings - Similar Threads - updates changing settings

2. updates resetting changed defaults and settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updates resetting changed defaults and settings: BB xx Created on March 15, 2021 updates resetting changed defaults and settings the recent w10 updates I have rec'd are resetting defaults, like default browser from chrome to edge, file open defaults like for photos, from my choice app back to photos, pdf from adobe to...
  3. Updates changing my settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates changing my settings: Only had my Lenovo laptop for 6 months and every time windows updates I lose all my desktop settings and the first time it did it, there was a temporary user installed. None of the options and pre-installed programs on start work. When I click on them nothing happens except...
  4. Sound Settings change after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Settings change after update: Why is it nearly every time Windows 10 updates it changes previously set sound settings? Also on the last update it totally wiped all my music out of windows media player and it will not retrieve it anymore....
  5. Annoying Updates Causing Changed Settings!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Annoying Updates Causing Changed Settings!: Whilst I understand the need for updates, I'm really annoyed that they now change my settings, even when I have updates switched off because, for some reason you seem to think you have the right to force updates on me. Now all my email inboxes are linked and I can't unlink...
  6. Windows Updates changes network settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Updates changes network settings: Finally fed up with having to reset everything after Windows updates. Been a Windows user since 1995, but I've had it. Going to Linux. You guys at Microsoft will start losing market share sooner or later if you keep making people's lives more difficult....
  7. Update has changed keyboard settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update has changed keyboard settings: The @ key now displays as " and vice versa - looks to have happened following the latest Windows update. Can't seem to change keyboard settings - what should I be doing?...
  8. Change Windows Update Settings

Change Windows Update Settings: Is it possible with windows 10 (like windows 7) where I can change the Windows Update Settings so I get notified if there are new updates available and download them, rather than Windows just downloading and installing the updates? So if there was an update I didn't want...
  9. cannot change windows update settings

cannot change windows update settings: I tried to change the windows update settings and I can’t!!!!! I get a message saying that some settings are managed by my system administrator!!!!! I am the only user in this laptop with administrator privileges… How comes that I can’t change the settings? 2483
  10. updates change network and firewall settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    updates change network and firewall settings: this is the 3rd update since installing windows 10, and the 3rd time ms has decided to change networking, anti-virus and firewall settings. each time homegroup is turned on, my home network becomes public, network discovery is turned off, all network security settings are...