Windows 10: Updates completely breaking my computer?

Discus and support Updates completely breaking my computer? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I've been having an issue lately. Every time my PC does an update according to event viewer, the last two times this has happened it was the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Capt_Kirk, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Capt_Kirk Win User

Updates completely breaking my computer?

So, I've been having an issue lately.

Every time my PC does an update according to event viewer, the last two times this has happened it was the "2020-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems" it will then refuse to boot up. Any attempt to turn the computer on will cause the booting screen to freeze and be replaced by a WHEA Uncorrectable Error Blue Screen. My PC will then try and do an automatic repair, which will fail and take me to the reset options screen. The only ways I have fixed this issue is by reinstalling Windows, or, in recent developments, I found if I tell the PC to turn off through this screen, unplug the PC this step might not do anything, might be coincidence haha, and turn it back on, it boots up and says it failed to complete the updates, reverting the changes and my PC works fine. This method of fixing it has worked twice now.

This buys me some time, however it always tries to update again even going so far as to restart itself as I was launching a game, despite me pausing updates for 7 days!. I have had a couple of WHEA errors during normal use which it restarts from fine, but these haven't happened for a good few weeks.

I need some help, as I can't just not update my computer!!! Are the updates broken, or is there something wrong with my PC that prevents them from working?

Many thanks,

Kirk

:)

Capt_Kirk, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Updates completely breaking my computer?

1. Updates completely breaking my computer? - Similar Threads - Updates completely breaking

2. Windows update keeps breaking my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps breaking my computer: Hello, i recently built a new computer, which is good, right? Apparently no, this is the second time something has happened involving windows 11 and its updater. Basically what has happened this time is that i installed KB5029263, KB2267602 1.395.654.0 and the may 24th...
  3. Windows update completly breaks my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update completly breaks my pc: Hi, a few months ago I think about 5, after restarting my pc for an update, I realised my microsoft edge was freezing and closing after 5 seconds. I tried everything I saw online related to this issue and no help.I also realised it wasn't only Microsoft edge, but also some...
  4. My computer will not complete updates.

My computer will not complete updates.: My computer keeps giving me error message when I try to get updates. I seem to be having issue with drivers and have uploaded the mini dump files to one drive with hopes that I get this issue resolved......
  5. Updates completely breaking my computer? UPDATE: Laptop can't restart AT ALL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates completely breaking my computer? UPDATE: Laptop can't restart AT ALL: UPDATE: I have now found that my laptop cannot restart at all, doing so leaves it hanging on a black screen with the hardware lights still on. This means I can't run memory diagnostics/finish updates etc. Any advice for this? ORIGINAL: So, I've been having an issue lately....
  6. Windows update breaks my computer

Windows update breaks my computer: I need help to either prevent Windows 10 from updating my computer or a fix to Windows so that the update does not break it. I have an old HP laptop that works great. Does what I need and really do not see any reason to spend money to get a new one. However, Microsoft...
  7. Update to 1909 breaks folder search completely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update to 1909 breaks folder search completely: I'm not even going to mention how thick and ugly the new search bar looks compared to the other ui elements, or how having to press enter to actually search for something instead of it happening in real time with each letter narrowing down the search like before; but what...
  8. Update constantly breaking my computers

Update constantly breaking my computers: I'm sick of it. I have 5 windows 10 computers on a home network and every time one of them is hacked by microsoft to install unwanted and unneeded updates, I am forced to spend hours repairing them. My home network is always destroyed. I must go from computer to computer,...
  9. Windows Updates break my computer

Windows Updates break my computer: When Windows 1803 was pushed last summer, it failed to install and broke things so badly it backed out of the install, though it left the system broken. It took me a week of research and work to install it by hand (using a downloaded image) and fix my BIOS. Even after this it...
  10. Windows update completely breaks language selection

Windows update completely breaks language selection: This is just getting ridiculous. Every time there`s a windows update, an issue happens with language selection. Default language won`t work, or an extra keyboard is added for no reason, or am forced to use one language I don`t want to that`s tied to the wrong keyboard...