Windows 10: updates consistently affecting keyboards

Discus and support updates consistently affecting keyboards in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is anyone else getting seriously cheesed off with every update from microsoft screwing up any keyboard that's not a microsoft one? i have three now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chavvers, Oct 15, 2019.

1. chavvers Win User

updates consistently affecting keyboards

Is anyone else getting seriously cheesed off with every update from microsoft screwing up any keyboard that's not a microsoft one? i have three now and every single time an update comes out they start misbehaving. Every time! Having to resort to my crappy USB keyboard that's about 10yrs old just to be able to type. Come ON Microsoft - what are you playing at! We can't all afford your extortionate wireless keyboards. isn't this the same as when you got fined for making people use your browser instead of being able to use their own?

If anyone has a fix to stop this shenanigans and allow any wireless keyboard to work I'd be most grateful.

Thanks

:)

chavvers, Oct 15, 2019

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Keyboard

Hi,

For us to find the right solutions in helping you with the keyboard, we'd like to ask the following:

• What is the make and model of the computer that's having keyboard issues?
    • Are you able to use a mouse/touchpad?
    • Are you able to remember any changes, recent updates, or newly installed applications on your device that may have affected your keyboard?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error code that may explain the problem?
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the find and fix problems with devices and hardware troubleshooter to scan your computer automatically for any errors regarding device issues.

We look forward to your reply.

Erika Aro, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

1. updates consistently affecting keyboards - Similar Threads - updates consistently affecting

2. External Keyboard Space key affect some hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Keyboard Space key affect some hotkeys: When i try to long press the space key on my external keyboard some hotkeys won't work, it always annoy me out especially when im playing a game like minecraftThe Problem:Space + **** + WSpace + W + V, B and DWindows key + rAnd i tried installing new drivers, disabling my...
  3. External Keyboard Space key affect some hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Keyboard Space key affect some hotkeys: When i try to long press the space key on my external keyboard some hotkeys won't work, it always annoy me out especially when im playing a game like minecraftThe Problem:Space + **** + WSpace + W + V, B and DWindows key + rAnd i tried installing new drivers, disabling my...
  4. New updates on windows 11 affecting Sound controls on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New updates on windows 11 affecting Sound controls on my keyboard: Good afternoon! My laptop had to be restarted to install the new windows 11 updates. After the installation, my Volume power was at 100% and was not getting affected by the keyboard controls. I have to manually reduce or increase the volume on EACH app I am using. The laptop...
  5. New updates on windows 11 affecting Sound controls on my keyboard

New updates on windows 11 affecting Sound controls on my keyboard: Good afternoon! My laptop had to be restarted to install the new windows 11 updates. After the installation, my Volume power was at 100% and was not getting affected by the keyboard controls. I have to manually reduce or increase the volume on EACH app I am using. The laptop...
  6. Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed

Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed: To help you understand all the effort I and the Volunteer Moderator put into this you can see it at which is now locked:Failed Update of feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 - Microsoft CommunityJust yesterday I solved the issue which to all intents appeared...
  7. Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed: To help you understand all the effort I and the Volunteer Moderator put into this you can see it at which is now locked:Failed Update of feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 - Microsoft CommunityJust yesterday I solved the issue which to all intents appeared...
  8. A weird glitch affecting the keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A weird glitch affecting the keyboard: Hey The arrow keys(cursor keys) in my laptop (HP OMEN 15 2020) are having a wierd glitch where they randomly stop working but every time I restart my laptop they again starts working Also if I logout and then at the time of login (when I'm typing my password) the keys...
  9. Outlook 2016 affected by 1903 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook 2016 affected by 1903 update: This might be already here but I can't seem to find it. Last night I updated to Windows 10 1903. Everything seemed fine. However, I just opened by Outlook 2016 desktop client and now I can no longer see html in any of my messages (old or new). At best I see the links. I...
  10. Asus computer consistently freezes; pausing screen and keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus computer consistently freezes; pausing screen and keyboard: My computer has been doing this since Thursday. It's been hard to manage as it comes unexpectedly and the only method to reset it is to turn off my computer. This is the model I think, I got it refurbished but this never happened in the beginning. (...