Windows 10: Updates Creating Issues with Action Center and Screen Rotation

Discus and support Updates Creating Issues with Action Center and Screen Rotation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since January 2020, I have had several updates from Windows 10, that are now older than 10 days so now I cannot uninstall. These updates have caused my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DAGVAI, Mar 14, 2020.

1. DAGVAI Win User

Updates Creating Issues with Action Center and Screen Rotation

Since January 2020, I have had several updates from Windows 10, that are now older than 10 days so now I cannot uninstall. These updates have caused my Screen Rotation on my Lenovo Yoga 920 to not be available and not function. Also my Action Center that normally is on the right side when I Swipe from Right to Left is no longer available, meaning I do not have a quick access to many of the functions such as Wifi. How do I fix these particularly there is no screen rotation. I have the standard turning on and off screen lock, changing the orientation, changing to tablet mode, etc, nothing works. Please help me get my functionality back!

:)

DAGVAI, Mar 14, 2020

2. Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Action Center Mail

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 2:

Change notifications in action center

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Updates Creating Issues with Action Center and Screen Rotation

Rotation Lock button is gone from Action Center

I don't when it starts to happen since I am using my tab like a desktop most of the time. Couple weeks ago I started finding my Acer tab Switch SA5-271 cannot rotate the screen at all.

Trying to enable it from Action Center but the button is gone.

I also tried to look for it in the Display setting, the switch button is also gone under the Landscape Orientation.

I looked for it from "Notifications & actions" setting to try to add the button back to Action Center, the Rotation On/Off switch is not available.

So I started to find the latest update from Acer and Microsoft, it is now with everything up to date but it is still no helping. No auto screen rotation at all.

Does any have the same issue and know how to solve it?

Thanks,

Raymond

upgrade vista to win7, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Updates Creating Issues with Action Center and Screen Rotation

1. Updates Creating Issues with Action Center and Screen Rotation - Similar Threads - Updates Creating Issues

2. Win11 Action Center Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Action Center Issue: Hi all, after I upgraded my PC from Win10 to Win11, I found I cannot open the action center!! When I right-click the network/volume/battery icons in taskbar or press Win+A, the action center window is grayed out. I post a screenshot below:I tried multiple methods in this...
  3. Win11 Action Center Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Action Center Issue: Hi all, after I upgraded my PC from Win10 to Win11, I found I cannot open the action center!! When I right-click the network/volume/battery icons in taskbar or press Win+A, the action center window is grayed out. I post a screenshot below:I tried multiple methods in this...
  4. Screen rotation issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen rotation issue: Iam having dell latitude e 7440 laptop with win 10 .its screen is rotating continusly. Even after doing cltr+alt+ upward arrow also it comes to normal screen for some time again it starts rotatingkindly help me...
  5. Rotation lock missing from action center after the new update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rotation lock missing from action center after the new update: as the title says, i updated to the latest version and now the rotation lock is gone from the action center. How can I bring it back? and the screen is not auto rotating in tablet mode. submitted by /u/giggleberry_sky [link] [comments]...
  6. Action Center

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center: Hi. I want Action Center to show more than 20 notifications. Any idea on how to achieve that? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/fromaoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp87pe/action_center/
  7. Issue with Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with Action Center: Hi, I am facing an issue related to Action Center. It was displaying/pop up every sec when i click/touch on the key board. so every time i need to point the cursor on monitor to continue my work due to interruption of this action center. It's irritating every time not...
  8. Issues with Action Center Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with Action Center Windows 10: I'm getting emails in my mail app, but the action center isn't doing anything when I receive the email. I have windows 10 2019 version of 1809, and don't plan to upgrade it. How can I fix my action center?...
  9. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: The action center icon indicates 'actions recommended' but when I open the security center I have green checks next to all categories with the notation 'no actions needed' but the icon says I have a problem and won't go away....
  10. Action Center issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center issue: I have the the white action center icon in the lower right portion of my taskbar. It shows I have new notifications when I hover over it but when I click on it , it doesn't do anything. With previous builds I could click on it and the notifications would slide out from the...