Windows 10: updates deletes everything

Discus and support updates deletes everything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I bought my laptop a year ago and every time I install updates I lose EVERYTHING in my DOCUMENTS and DOWNLOADS folders. This is starting to wreck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VincentVandenhove, Nov 15, 2020.

1. updates deletes everything

Hi

I bought my laptop a year ago and every time I install updates I lose EVERYTHING in my DOCUMENTS and DOWNLOADS folders. This is starting to wreck my head! Can you explain to me how to STOP the stupid updates apart from ignoring the message that says 'windows needs to restart' that delete everything or tell me how to get my files again?

A quick reply would be appreciated as I need my laptop for work purposes.

Thanks in advance.

:)

VincentVandenhove, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

updates deletes everything

1. updates deletes everything - Similar Threads - updates deletes everything

2. EVERYTHING DELETED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EVERYTHING DELETED: i accidentally deleted everything from my onedrive and emptied the recycle bin thinking it wouldnt affect my actual files in my computer. Everything is gone now and i cant find the second stage recycle bin to get everything back. Pls assist...
  3. Update KB4591272 Deleted Everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB4591272 Deleted Everything: I took a short nap while working on school work and when I woke up laptop was in the middle of an update. After it was done everything was deleted. And I mean everything! It’s pretty much like I just turned this laptop on for the first time. Please tell there is something I...
  4. my computer updated and deleted everything

my computer updated and deleted everything: None of my files were backed up and i really need the iles back. I need serious help as these were school documents. is there any way to get my stuff back? if so how...
  5. MSWord deleting everything

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MSWord deleting everything: Highlight a word and click delete. The word is deleted. a pause then Word begins deleting everything and will not stop. Have tried a few suggestions but nothing seems to fix it. Does not do this often, maybe 5% of the time delete is attempted. Only does this in MSWord and not...
  6. Does delete "everything " ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does delete "everything " ?: I'm willing to reinstall windows and it is giving an option to delete everything. The confusion is here itself. Does it delete the c drive partition or deletes the hdd as a whole. Please reply ASAP. THANX. submitted by /u/RSC0106 [link] [comments]...
  7. everything was deleted

everything was deleted: please help me, today i was on my laptop as normal and it was very laggy so i turned it on and off. but then when i logged back in my whole laptop was wiped and i've tried to get everything back but it wont let me as i have a “temporary profile” which i never had before,...
  8. Windows update deletes everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update deletes everything: Windows 10 is forcing an update every few days and each update results in the deletion of all my documents, pics, settings etc. Extremely aggravating. How can i resolve this? I have a software product to recover docs but what I really need is to stop the update process...
  9. Everything deleted after update, and it continues to delete everything today.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everything deleted after update, and it continues to delete everything today.: After the Windows 10 update, everything I had saved to my desktop was gone as were all my settings. Restored files, opened Outlook, Quicken, MS Office, etc., again and recreated accounts, configurations, and files. Do a soft or hard reboot and everything is deleted again....
  10. Update1809 deleted everything

Update1809 deleted everything: My computer updated today and almost all desktop items disappeared, all bookmarks are now gone as well as all photos. Anyway to restore this easily? I uninstalled update to no avail. I will admit I am a complete computer idiot . Anything that was on PC is now pretty much...