Windows 10: Updates disable Bluetooth, then enable it again, then disable it...

Discus and support Updates disable Bluetooth, then enable it again, then disable it... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm certain I'm not the only person with this problem. Bluetooth is installed on my Samsung laptop running the latest version of Windows 10. Here's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KidRenoir, Mar 16, 2017.

1. KidRenoir Win User

Updates disable Bluetooth, then enable it again, then disable it...

I'm certain I'm not the only person with this problem.
    Bluetooth is installed on my Samsung laptop running the latest version of Windows 10. Here's the problem: every so often a routine Windows update totally disables Bluetooth, or rather, prevents it from being discovered. It's there, but isn't recognised in Settings. It's hidden in Device Manager. So it's gone, dead, unusable, can't be made to connect or even to be visible.
    Then another Microsoft update comes along after a few days or a week or a month, and suddenly all is well again! As if by magic, Bluetooth reappears in the systems tray and works like a charm, as if it had never gone away.
    This is happening constantly. It's flip-flopped like this about five or six times. Windows update, no Bluetooth. Next Windows update, Bluetooth is back. Another Windows update, Bluetooth is gone again.
    This is ridiculous. Windows needs to solve this anomaly. Look online and you will see that many people are experiencing it. Oh, and by the way I've followed every fix, every tutorials, nothing works. The only thing that works is to wait for the next blinkin' Windows update to fix it.
    And, since opening my computer this morning after the most recent update, to find Bluetooth has once again vanished, that's what I guess I have to do -- wait for the next update and hope it includes a fix. (Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.)
    This is NOT a problem with my laptop or with the driver or anything like that. This is a Windows update problem. And if anyone on this forum recognises this and has a genuine solution, I'm desperate enough to try it.

:)

KidRenoir, Mar 16, 2017
  2. Rasmus3s Win User

Why does Windows force Windows 10 users to automatically update?

Why does Windows force Windows 10 users to automatically update windows, when these updates are flawed.

An example, December 2017 was forced to update windows, after which bluetooth was disabled and did not appear under settings, so I could not enable it again.

Took half an hour of googling and searching the internet in order to enable bluetooth again. Further the bluetooth support driver was not only disabled, it was set to only start manually! and not automatically. If an update is not thoroughly tested it should
    not be forced on users.

Rasmus3s, Mar 16, 2017
  3. Enable/Disable Bluetooth

Hello,

is there any command line for enabling Bluetooth in Windows 10 ?

taoufiksmires, Mar 16, 2017
Thema:

Updates disable Bluetooth, then enable it again, then disable it...

1. Updates disable Bluetooth, then enable it again, then disable it... - Similar Threads - Updates disable Bluetooth

2. bluetooth disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth disabled: I was playing a game on my PC, and I had connected a controller via Bluetooth, when at a certain point everything crashed. I restarted the computer and the bluetooth option was gone, can anyone help me? I have windows 11...
  3. bluetooth disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth disabled: I was playing a game on my PC, and I had connected a controller via Bluetooth, when at a certain point everything crashed. I restarted the computer and the bluetooth option was gone, can anyone help me? I have windows 11...
  4. Bluetooth audio automatically getting disabled and enabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio automatically getting disabled and enabled: I updated drivers on my pc after which on connecting to BT headphones it keeps on getting disabled and enabled,i tried reinstalling previous version of drivers but didn't work,my pc is Acer Nitro 5 AN 515-55. Please help....
  5. Enable / Disable windows updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Enable / Disable windows updates: Hello,Referring to tutorial 8013- enable-disable-windows-update.....Using "Wu10Man", you say that after setting it, it can be closed.Using "WAU Manager", this has to run all the time in the background or just when needed ?Answers will be appreciated.Thankswindows 10 pro x64,...
  6. Enable / Disable windows updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable / Disable windows updates: Hello,Referring to tutorial 8013- enable-disable-windows-update.....Using "Wu10Man", you say that after setting it, it can be closed.Using "WAU Manager", this has to run all the time in the background or just when needed ?Answers will be appreciated.Thankswindows 10 pro x64,...
  7. keyboard shortcut in windows for bluetooth to enable/disable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    keyboard shortcut in windows for bluetooth to enable/disable: can we create a keyboard shortcut in windows for bluetooth to enable/disable don't want to click action centre and click on bluetooth to enable and disable it, is there any possibility like we have a dedicated key for wifi in our laptop we can create a shortcut key to...
  8. Selectively disable and re-enable Bluetooth headset

Selectively disable and re-enable Bluetooth headset: Hi I use my Bluetooth headset for both my PC and my mobile. I'd like to be able to "disable" and "renable" the headset to prevent it from connecting to the PC unless I specifically want to use it. I use other Bluetooth devices so don't want to turn off Bluetooth....
  9. Touchpad disabled and no where to enable again

Touchpad disabled and no where to enable again: My PC is a Lenovo Ideapad 330, windows 10 home after MS Windows update, my touchpad scrolling functions (2 / 3 / 4 finger gestures) was disabled I have tried all means to enable it (using the Touchpad settings) but there is no more checkbox for me to turn the hand gestures...
  10. WIFI Gets Disables and requires Reboot to enable again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI Gets Disables and requires Reboot to enable again: wct8vvjz4uQ So. at random times my WIFI gets disabled and when I hover over the symbol it says wifi networks available. When I go into the network list it just goes into a loop that never loads the list. the none of the network list services can be...