Windows 10: Updates dont work and wont turn off.

Discus and support Updates dont work and wont turn off. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I stop these updates, Ive tried everything. Issue is EVERYTIME it tries to force an update, it fails and has to "Roll back" my settings. Nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gl202021, Oct 23, 2020.

1. gl202021 Win User

Updates dont work and wont turn off.

How do I stop these updates, Ive tried everything.
    Issue is EVERYTIME it tries to force an update, it fails and has to "Roll back" my settings.
    Nothing has fixed this issue, No "Experts", nothing. They tried installing the updates, downloading them
    Manually ect. I assume it's because I have an older version of Windows 10 and the updates arent for the version
    I have. So I either have to buy a new Windows 10 code to get updates.
    They even tried downloading Old updates and none of those work.

Yeah ok, So windows cant tell what version im on and that the updates Dont apply to my system version?
    Yet it harasses me constantly! I cant even leave my computer to download or render something without it
    forcing a shut down for an update that will fail 100%.

:)

gl202021, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Oct 23, 2020
  3. PC shut down, wont turn back on

The fan twitch is it powering up and then the psu is noteing a short and cutting out hence why it wont do it again straight after until it's reset, something is blown or shorted out so you need to do as someone suggested and split the pc out then, on a table build the minimum up as he said and step by step see what's happening.

theoneandonlymrk, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Updates dont work and wont turn off.

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Updates dont work and wont turn off.

1. Updates dont work and wont turn off. - Similar Threads - Updates dont wont

2. Mute light wont turn off!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute light wont turn off!!: Hi i was wondering if anyone can help me my mute button light wont turn off i have a hp notebook an i recently took my battery out but then i put it back in but then when i turned the notebook on the mute button light wouldn't turn off??...
  3. Mute light wont turn off!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute light wont turn off!!: Hi i was wondering if anyone can help me my mute button light wont turn off i have a hp notebook an i recently took my battery out but then i put it back in but then when i turned the notebook on the mute button light wouldn't turn off??...
  4. Mute light wont turn off!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Night Light wont turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light wont turn off: I recently had my laptop repaired but for whatever reason now night light wont turn off, ive tried deleting the settings from the registry editor but they keep returning after i restart the computer, ive also tried redownloading my drivers and have even tried resetting my...
  6. Night Light wont turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night Light wont turn off: I recently had my laptop repaired but for whatever reason now night light wont turn off, ive tried deleting the settings from the registry editor but they keep returning after i restart the computer, ive also tried redownloading my drivers and have even tried resetting my...
  7. Monitor sound wont turn off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor sound wont turn off: I just recently got a new monitor that has built in speakers. i use them when im not in calls or just playing casual. but when im in my sound settings and i make Realtek Speakers (the device ive always used) the monitor still has volume. Can anyone help me? submitted by...
  8. Screen wont auto turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen wont auto turn off: I have set the screen to automatically turn off after 15 minutes, but it does not. It stays on. I have heard some others have this problem and it is related to USB devices, and that setting the "USB Selective suspend setting" to disabled in advanced power settings fixes...
  9. Subwoofer wont turn off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Subwoofer wont turn off.: My DIY-Subwoofer (Monacor Sam-200d) has an auto standby feature (if Signal is lower than 170mV over 25 minutes). This worked fine until i extended the cable between the PC and the Module from 1m to ~3m. Thought about a faulty cable but verified it with my laptop. (It even...
  10. "Test Microphone" Wont Turn Off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Test Microphone" Wont Turn Off.: So I went to test my microphone to see if it was working. I went in the settings tab and clicked system. Then I clicked Sound. I clicked the microphone button to test it, and it works. But now it wont turn off. I tried clicking the button again, but it just wont stop testing...