Windows 10: Updates/Drivers

Discus and support Updates/Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why has the built-in laptop camera stopped working IMMEDIATELY after a Windows 10 update installation?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeonSchnur, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Updates/Drivers

Why has the built-in laptop camera stopped working IMMEDIATELY after a Windows 10 update installation?

:)

LeonSchnur, Sep 17, 2020

2. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Sep 17, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Updates/Drivers

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updates/Drivers :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Updates/Drivers

1. Updates/Drivers - Similar Threads - Updates Drivers

2. What is the Optional Intel Driver Update via Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the Optional Intel Driver Update via Windows Update?: INTEL - System - 10/3/2016 12:00:00 AM - 10.1.1.38 ((Already Installed though, as i always installed any optional driver update or optional update that comes along, and machine is backed up with Macirum reflect images, so i was like ok, and installed it)) It drives me nuts...
  3. Is WinZip driver updater safe?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is WinZip driver updater safe?: Hello , so yesterday my laptop just got scanned by WinZip Driver updater out of the blue and I updated the issues that it said I had after that every time I would try closing it a notification would pop up saying that this WinZip is working in the background. So should I be...
  4. Bluetooth and Wifi drivers missing after Windows 10 Home 2004 update

Bluetooth and Wifi drivers missing after Windows 10 Home 2004 update: Samsung Galaxy Book 12”, 2-in-1 PC MODEL NUMBER: SM-W727VZKBVZW I recently updated my system to the latest version - Windows 10 Home 2004 update. Not too long after the update was completed, I continued to use my system as normal when all of a sudden the Bluetooth...
  5. Device Manager can't update drivers from the Internet

Device Manager can't update drivers from the Internet: Hi, I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Win 7, with 2 GB Ram and 1.8 Ghz processor. Windows runs fine but my display isn't too goodGraphics card - ATI Mobility Radeon x2300. When I went to Device Manager, it shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapterand not my graphics...
  6. Windows 10: Intel, Nvidia & AMD display drivers updated

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Intel, Nvidia & AMD display drivers updated: Intel, Nvidia and AMD have published their September 2020 display drivers for Windows 10. If you’ve Windows 10 version 1809 or newer, you should be able to update your display drivers and grab the fixes or support for new games. Intel’s “unlocked” display driver for Windows...
  7. September 2020 Update broke my Realtek Audio Driver AGAIN

September 2020 Update broke my Realtek Audio Driver AGAIN: Microsoft, I've **** had it with you. This is a persistent problem that happens pretty much every time you do an update. Only this time you seem to have truly, actually broken my audio driver. None of your fixes worked, and your troubleshooter is a joke. I have the headset...
  8. Devices and drivers after Windows update

Devices and drivers after Windows update: After the latest windows update, the CD/DVD drive on my HP laptop is not recognised and does not appear in the device manager. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-and-drivers-after-windows-update/7851d492-e2c0-46f8-a2c0-e93b87427971
  9. my pc is not showing speakers and i tried updating audio driver and also installing realtek...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my pc is not showing speakers and i tried updating audio driver and also installing realtek...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/intrestingusername57 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ivcv8h/my_pc_is_not_showing_speakers_and_i_tried/
  10. Surface Book 3 display randomly turning black? How do safely update drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Book 3 display randomly turning black? How do safely update drivers?: submitted by /u/ButEverythingChanged [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ivba7w/surface_book_3_display_randomly_turning_black_how/