Windows 10: Updates/Drivers

Discus and support Updates/Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why has the built-in laptop camera stopped working IMMEDIATELY after a Windows 10 update installation?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeonSchnur, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Updates/Drivers

Why has the built-in laptop camera stopped working IMMEDIATELY after a Windows 10 update installation?

:)

LeonSchnur, Sep 17, 2020

2. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Sep 17, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Updates/Drivers

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updates/Drivers :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Updates/Drivers

1. Updates/Drivers - Similar Threads - Updates Drivers

2. why did windows update downgrade driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why did windows update downgrade driver: Intel - System - 1952.14.0.1470 was a security fix and was downgraded to Intel - System - 9/19/2017 12:00:00 AM - 11.7.0.1000 how do i get it back Intel - Extension - 1952.14.0.1470 installed on 09-14-2020 Intel - System - 1952.14.0.1470 installed on 09-17-2020 Intel -...
  3. Can't update Driver Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't update Driver Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers: I couldn't update Driver Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers Version : 27.20.100.8681 I'm using ThinkPad Lenovo E580 Model 20KS005NVA Windows 10 Pro -64 CPU: Intel core i5-8250u Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 620. I was trying to update my Graphic driver and it...
  4. cannot gain the lost space after driver update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot gain the lost space after driver update: hi, I updated my NVIDIA display driver. I would loose 1GB of HD space but will gain it back after deleting temporary files via storage under settings. Now, it will not. It happens with the Intel display driver too. Does not happen in previous versions of Windows. Is anyone...
  5. BSOD when updating drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD when updating drivers: "THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - RTKVHD64.sys" I've had this issue since around late 2018 when I updated my PC for the first time since early 2017 ( I had windows update forcefully stopped via registry changes, and forced metered connection) I forget my PC has these issues....
  6. Slimware Driver Update can't remove.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Slimware Driver Update can't remove.: I unistalled as soon as I realized I wasn't on my Brother update driver website. BUT, it is still on my computer or sending notices in a box to my screen. Help need it removed. If I try to uninstall through they're help link. It says it's uninstalled then I get a waring from...
  7. Windows 10 is pushing old drivers updates that you should avoid

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is pushing old drivers updates that you should avoid: Microsoft has created another mess of Windows Updates on Windows 10, although this time the update wasn’t botched. According to user reports, Microsoft has started rolling out old and inappropriate drivers to some machines, including one of our devices from Asus. Users are...
  8. Should you install Windows 10's Optional Driver updates?

in Windows 10 News
    Should you install Windows 10's Optional Driver updates?: Microsoft moved driver updates in Windows 10 from the Device Manager to the Optional Updates section of the Windows Updates settings application this year after the company announced the change in 2019. Windows 10 administrators who check these optional updates may see one...
  9. Bluetooth drivers not updating after win 10 update in dell inspiron 1545

Bluetooth drivers not updating after win 10 update in dell inspiron 1545: well I ignored this issue for last 4 years but recently I came across this blog in forum https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-problem-after-udating-win-10-in-dell/3edc5ec3-88ee-40a3-91a2-22a69442daa5 I have the same problem as the person asking that...
  10. How can I update my generic pnp monitor driver?

How can I update my generic pnp monitor driver?: I have an laptop with an old driver of generic pnp monitor2006. How can I update it to the latest one? Windows updater doesn't provide any options to update this......