Windows 10: UPDATES ERASE MY DESKTOP

Discus and support UPDATES ERASE MY DESKTOP in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time Windows 10 forcibly updates my computer, I lose everything that is on my desktop. What can I do to stop this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dundee Holt, Apr 24, 2020.

1. UPDATES ERASE MY DESKTOP

Every time Windows 10 forcibly updates my computer, I lose everything that is on my desktop. What can I do to stop this?

:)

Dundee Holt, Apr 24, 2020
  2. p_o_s_pc Win User

Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

p_o_s_pc, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Snipe343 Win User
    Updating Bios on a M2N-E SLI

It wont update it stops during the "erasing block" step any help?

Snipe343, Apr 24, 2020
  4. UPDATES ERASE MY DESKTOP

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

UPDATES ERASE MY DESKTOP

1. UPDATES ERASE MY DESKTOP - Similar Threads - UPDATES ERASE DESKTOP

2. Microsoft update erased my download folder!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft update erased my download folder!!!!!!!: Apparently a Microsoft update forced its way my computer and erased my download folder. I had turned off the updates, but they keep trying to force their way onto my computer, anyway.Now whenever I download something, or put it in that folder to diagnose the problem, it...
  3. Microsoft update erased my download folder!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft update erased my download folder!!!!!!!: Apparently a Microsoft update forced its way my computer and erased my download folder. I had turned off the updates, but they keep trying to force their way onto my computer, anyway.Now whenever I download something, or put it in that folder to diagnose the problem, it...
  4. Update erased everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update erased everything: My HP laptop did a massive update last night. When I tried to log in this morning it would not let me. I kept getting a weird message. When I finally got in all my files and favorites were gone, and all my settings changed. It was as if everything had reverted back to a new...
  5. HOW TO RESTORE MY PHOTO ON DESKTOP THAT YOUR STUPID "UPDATE" ERASED AND THAT YOUR...

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO RESTORE MY PHOTO ON DESKTOP THAT YOUR STUPID "UPDATE" ERASED AND THAT YOUR...: LIKE I SAID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-my-photo-on-desktop-that-your/42134b67-7708-4031-abab-36503bb7b554
  6. Non-erasable file on desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Non-erasable file on desktop?: Hey, I kind of put a non-erasable test.gif file on my desktop. I cannot delete them even with Admin CMD. Does anyone else have an idea? PS: Turning off visibility is not an option... [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Nicht löschbare Datei auf Desktop?
  7. Windows update erased my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update erased my files: I've updated my windows version and i noticed that my folders weren't on my dekstop . Not a problem, cause i found their path and dragged them back on dekstop. BUT , when i checked for windows updates in setting , after the restart, Windows literally delete a big part of...
  8. Windows update erases all my info.

Windows update erases all my info.: Is there some kind of patch to prevent this from happening again? It happens every time there has been an update since the begining of the year. It is getting very frustrating!!!!!...
  9. Windows 10 latest update erased all my desktop icon & files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 latest update erased all my desktop icon & files: I am unfortunately another victim of Windows 10 latest update and just like several other users...so I learned form the Community chat online. I opened my computer IN HORROR to a totally different Blue screen which required me to to sign in differently. then it told me it...
  10. Today's Windows Update erased my desktop

Today's Windows Update erased my desktop: When I booted up this morning, I had a pale blue desktop with a random assortment of icons, including some I rarely use and none of the ones I use regularly. I use Stardock Fences, which records the desktop every way and allows restoring it, but the most recent desktop...