Windows 10: Updates Failed!

Discus and support Updates Failed! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello i've windows 10 version 1909 OS build 18363.900 but I can't update it : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ParvizShams, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Updates Failed!

hello

i've windows 10 version 1909 OS build 18363.900

but I can't update it :

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later.

2020-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4577671 - Error 0x800f0988

I have ever examined offline update files.

thanks

:)

ParvizShams, Oct 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 27, 2020
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Oct 27, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Updates Failed!

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Updates Failed!

1. Updates Failed! - Similar Threads - Updates Failed

2. windows fails to activate after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...
  3. windows fails to activate after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...
  4. Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...: over the past 2 days for now, I've been seeing a WindowsErrorReporting event in Applications, going by the event name of StoreAgentDownloadFailure1there are no failed updates or any WindowsUpdateClient events in the System logs at all when these occur, but by checking the...
  5. Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...: over the past 2 days for now, I've been seeing a WindowsErrorReporting event in Applications, going by the event name of StoreAgentDownloadFailure1there are no failed updates or any WindowsUpdateClient events in the System logs at all when these occur, but by checking the...
  6. Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...

7. Windows 10 Update KB123456 Fails to Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update KB123456 Fails to Install: Hello Community, I've been trying to install the latest Windows 10 update, KB123456, but it keeps failing during the installation process. Every time I attempt to install it, I receive an error message, and the update rolls back. I've tried running the Windows Update...
  8. Windows 10 Update KB123456 Fails to Install

Windows 10 Update KB123456 Fails to Install: Hello Community, I've been trying to install the latest Windows 10 update, KB123456, but it keeps failing during the installation process. Every time I attempt to install it, I receive an error message, and the update rolls back. I've tried running the Windows Update...
  9. Windows 10 Update KB123456 Fails to Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Updates are Failing to Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates are Failing to Install: These updates fail to install. KB5036620 and KB5036893 Done the following:RestartCleared cache.Deactivated 3rd party anti-virusRan Windows troubleshooter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-are-failing-to-install/a6e5e3b1-f670-4d97-8a1c-1120f505a035