Windows 10: updates failing, cant troubleshoot or reset pc

Discus and support updates failing, cant troubleshoot or reset pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my updates wont install no matter how many times i try the troubleshooting program. every time i start my PC, i get a brief "repairing drive" screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anthony97oil, May 23, 2020.

1. updates failing, cant troubleshoot or reset pc

my updates wont install no matter how many times i try the troubleshooting program. every time i start my PC, i get a brief "repairing drive" screen that does nothing because the drive still says its not repaired. I've been trying to do a reset to just reinstall windows via the reset this PC option, and the get started button does nothing, no pop up no loading its just doesn't do anything. I've also tried running the systemreset.exe in both command prompt and powershell and they both do nothing. i cant even launch the PC in troubleshoot mode to try it that way.

:)

Anthony97oil, May 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 23, 2020
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, May 23, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

updates failing, cant troubleshoot or reset pc

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 23, 2020
Thema:

updates failing, cant troubleshoot or reset pc

1. updates failing, cant troubleshoot or reset pc - Similar Threads - updates failing cant

2. Cant log into PC, and cant reset with USB or Troubleshoot it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant log into PC, and cant reset with USB or Troubleshoot it.: After I factory reset my pc Windows 10 and when to turn it on I was greeted with my old account that was on the PC and when I try to log in I get a User sign in failed message, and no matter what I do if I try to troubleshoot my pc it requires the password which I am 100%...
  3. Cant log into PC, and cant reset with USB or Troubleshoot it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant log into PC, and cant reset with USB or Troubleshoot it.: After I factory reset my pc Windows 10 and when to turn it on I was greeted with my old account that was on the PC and when I try to log in I get a User sign in failed message, and no matter what I do if I try to troubleshoot my pc it requires the password which I am 100%...
  4. Cant log into PC, and cant reset with USB or Troubleshoot it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Critical process died bsod loop, cant reset pc in troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical process died bsod loop, cant reset pc in troubleshoot: I tried fixing my mic because it wasn't working and I thought it could be because of windows update because it worked before so I did a system restore and it worked fine and loaded in windows but my mic still didn't work so I restarted my pc and now I am getting an infinite...
  6. Cant Reset PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant Reset PC: No matter what i try my pc gives me a error saying it cannot reset pc. I've tried every "Fix" under the moon but the problem persists. Is there any way to brute force reset my pc?...
  7. Cant Reset PC

Cant Reset PC: Hello Today i wanted to reset my PC and when i went to reset this message came [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-pc/99b6f1eb-3462-496b-a5b3-0341b13060fc
  8. Surface wont update, wont reset, cant run troubleshooter

Surface wont update, wont reset, cant run troubleshooter: I have a brand new 3 months old Microsoft surface. Out of nowhere chrome will not open and there are other strange things happening. I went to just reset the whole machine and it gets stuck at 1% and never proceeds. I left it overnight. It says I have an update and when I...
  9. Cant Reset PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant Reset PC: Whenever I try and reset my PC it says an error has occurred and just puts me back ive tried most everything i can find on it and dont know what else i can do?...
  10. Troubleshoot Reset This PC

Troubleshoot Reset This PC: I go into the following screen and click on Get Started. I then choose the option to Keep My Files. I am then presented with Getting Things Ready. This Won't Take Long. Which is actually true, since I almost immediately get a screen saying There was a problem resetting your...