Windows 10: Updates failing to complete

Discus and support Updates failing to complete in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For the last couple of weeks, every time I shut my PC down, both the "Shutdown" and "Restart" options are prefixed with "Update and...". When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by G_A_REAVES, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Updates failing to complete

For the last couple of weeks, every time I shut my PC down, both the "Shutdown" and "Restart" options are prefixed with "Update and...". When I subsequently start the machine a "100% complete" message is displayed but sometime later a notification about "unable to complete update" is issued. Does anyone know what is going on and what action I need to take?

:)

G_A_REAVES, Oct 28, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updates failing to complete :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 28, 2019
  4. chideock Win User

Updates failing to complete

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Updates failing to complete

1. Updates failing to complete - Similar Threads - Updates failing complete

2. Reset failed to complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset failed to complete: I initiate reset in my PC using both settings and windows recovery however it will stuck at 99 percent then restart the computer. It will load and the restart will take some time to finish but after that the reset will not complete. It will straightly go to sign in page and...
  3. Update completes and fails when done

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update completes and fails when done: Im trying to install 21H1 and 21H2 but it always gets stuck at 99% and then completes after some time and then says then the update failed. I have tried installing 21H1 4 times now and I still cant install it, I even waited 30-45 minutes for the updates to complete and did...
  4. Update completes and fails when done

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update completes and fails when done: Im trying to install 21H1 and 21H2 but it always gets stuck at 99% and then completes after some time and then says then the update failed. I have tried installing 21H1 4 times now and I still cant install it, I even waited 30-45 minutes for the updates to complete and did...
  5. Update completes and fails when done

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. update fails to complete has to be undone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update fails to complete has to be undone: windows update fails to complete requiring changes made to be undone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-fails-to-complete-has-to-be-undone/44abef2e-712f-43e6-a9f5-1c3a8665a4aa
  7. update fails to complete has to be undone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update fails to complete has to be undone: windows update fails to complete requiring changes made to be undone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-fails-to-complete-has-to-be-undone/44abef2e-712f-43e6-a9f5-1c3a8665a4aa
  8. update fails to complete has to be undone

9. Media Creation Tool fails to complete update

Media Creation Tool fails to complete update: I'm trying to run the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to fix a problem I have with a very long boot time. I have seen many topics regarding "there was a problem running this tool " but in my case I never get this. Instead, the tools looks like it is working properly, but right...
  10. Update failed to install completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update failed to install completely: Windows 10 just updated, but I got this message: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-failed-to-install-completely/a53c4779-e09a-4d5e-8cbc-aad6d8eef000