Windows 10: Updates failing, troubleshooter doesn’t help, can’t use computer

Discus and support Updates failing, troubleshooter doesn’t help, can’t use computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I have been trying for a couple of weeks now to fix my computer. I guess the updates keep failing. I run the troubleshooter and it detects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaintySine91106, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Updates failing, troubleshooter doesn’t help, can’t use computer

Hello. I have been trying for a couple of weeks now to fix my computer. I guess the updates keep failing. I run the troubleshooter and it detects problems, and says it’s fixed them, and then I restart and try to update again and nothing. I’m very frustrated. I just want to use my computer and I’m not familiar with this stuff and feel very lost. It also says “ your device is missing important security and quality fixed” And, still says the May 2020 version is on its way. Like that’s over a year ago, it hasn’t come out yet or what? It seems like there is different updates every day, is this norm

:)

DaintySine91106, Jun 4, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Updates failing, troubleshooter doesn’t help, can’t use computer [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Bagoguts Win User
    Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Jun 4, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Updates failing, troubleshooter doesn’t help, can’t use computer

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Updates failing, troubleshooter doesn’t help, can’t use computer [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

Updates failing, troubleshooter doesn’t help, can’t use computer

1. Updates failing, troubleshooter doesn’t help, can’t use computer - Similar Threads - Updates failing troubleshooter

2. BSOD - troubleshoot doesn’t work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - troubleshoot doesn’t work: i have a bsod a couple days ago and i tried resetting this PC in every single way but it starts undoing changes right after resetting it. advanced options such as command prompt don’t work either because i need to sign in as administrator to continue, but there aren’t any...
  3. BSOD - troubleshoot doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - troubleshoot doesn’t work: i have a bsod a couple days ago and i tried resetting this PC in every single way but it starts undoing changes right after resetting it. advanced options such as command prompt don’t work either because i need to sign in as administrator to continue, but there aren’t any...
  4. BSOD - troubleshoot doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can’t log in with correct password and can’t troubleshoot computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t log in with correct password and can’t troubleshoot computer.: I haven’t used my pc in a while, probably a few months, so I tried turning it on. It opened the login screen as usual but when I try to log in, it says my password is incorrect. no caps lock, also view the password after clicking the eye icon before entering, and for many...
  6. Can’t log in with correct password and can’t troubleshoot computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t log in with correct password and can’t troubleshoot computer.: I haven’t used my pc in a while, probably a few months, so I tried turning it on. It opened the login screen as usual but when I try to log in, it says my password is incorrect. no caps lock, also view the password after clicking the eye icon before entering, and for many...
  7. Update fails and troubleshooter doesn't help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update fails and troubleshooter doesn't help!: My 20h2 update fails and when I try to run the troubleshooter the only thing it says. "Check for Windows Update issues" DetectedSo ye its not really that helpful. Any tips? Or atleast steps on how to fix not installing update...
  8. Can’t seem to use anything else on the gamebar? Google doesn’t really help. A few days ago...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t seem to use anything else on the gamebar? Google doesn’t really help. A few days ago...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fortyonexx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9yjn2/cant_seem_to_use_anything_else_on_the_gamebar/
  9. Can’t use my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t use my computer: I had to factory reset my computer because it was getting slow. My friend told me about the new update not liking something she had on her computer, so I thought I would be fine, considering I’d be getting rid of everything on the computer. I’m trying to set it up again, but...
  10. Windows10 doesn’t open troubleshooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10 doesn’t open troubleshooting: hi everyone, i have a problem with windows 10, first of all i found it changing my icons arrangement on desktop (yes it’s somehow important to me) And my wallpaper is a black solid color, i tried to change it via settings or by selecting “set as wallpaper” from a certain...