Windows 10: Updates failure and page error -Sorry, but we're having trouble signing you in.

Discus and support Updates failure and page error -Sorry, but we're having trouble signing you in. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After weeks of working with a patience helper from the community, My PC froze and crashed. I had to take it to a local shop and have windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by colemyst, Sep 30, 2020.

1. colemyst Win User

Updates failure and page error -Sorry, but we're having trouble signing you in.

After weeks of working with a patience helper from the community, My PC froze and crashed. I had to take it to a local shop and have windows 10 reinstalled and updated to 2004 several months ago after months and months of updates failures. It was scanned for viruses and other problems and found no issues after install. I then also found a more reliable internet provider. Everything worked fine with updates and installs until 9/27/2020 first fail- Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64KB4576478 since then all cumulative installs have failed. Have tried nine times- all failed.

After clicking on the failed update, it goes to a page that describes the update but when I click on any information from that page I keep getting these messages...

Sorry, but we're having trouble signing you in.
    AADSTS50196: The server terminated an operation because it encountered a client request loop. Please contact your app vendor.

I am already signed in. Other pages work. Thought it might be a browser thing that is caused this and maybe the updates, so I tried another one, didn't help. I use Firefox and have standard - a balanced protection setting checked.
    Is there something else that is causing the failures?

It shouldn't be the antivirus because it's only Windows and it's on the recommended settings. I didn't reinstall any other protction or cleaners in case they might have been a proplem. The few add ons i have are not the issue either.

I've tried to delete the failed installs history but they're still there.

Can you tell me why so many people have problems with these updates? The net is full of them every time there is a new one. And honestly - not one has ever improved my pc's functionality.

:)

colemyst, Sep 30, 2020
  2. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Trouble in signing in

Hi Saumyadeeep,

For us to provide you an accurate information and resolution regarding your concern with signing in to your Windows 10, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Lynxo Win User

Trouble signing in to support

I have the same error as the person above. I've tried with several browsers, including Edge, browsers with no plugins installed, and browsers in incognito mode. I am still experiencing that issue. When I try to click the link suggested by SKYPPERGONZALEZ
    , it loads the page for about 2 seconds before it boots me to the same error page:

Sorry, but we’re having trouble with signing you in.

AADSTS50196: The server terminated an operation because it encountered a client request loop. Please contact your app vendor.
    This means I can't even see the phone numbers I need to resolve my issues.

Lynxo, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Updates failure and page error -Sorry, but we're having trouble signing you in. - Similar Threads - Updates failure page

2. "Sorry, we're having trouble signing you in."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Sorry, we're having trouble signing you in.": I am getting an error message as soon as the computer turns on. I have hit the "X" button but it shows right back up. Says to contact my Administer. I have no idea what that means and it will not close the Microsoft Teams at all. I don't even use that stupid thing. I have...
  3. "Sorry, we're having trouble signing you in."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Sorry, we're having trouble signing you in.": I am getting an error message as soon as the computer turns on. I have hit the "X" button but it shows right back up. Says to contact my Administer. I have no idea what that means and it will not close the Microsoft Teams at all. I don't even use that stupid thing. I have...
  4. "Sorry, we're having trouble signing you in."

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Cortana error "We're having trouble signing you in"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana error "We're having trouble signing you in": Whever trying to use cortana, I try to sign in, it says "We're having trouble signing you in" but in the 3 dots on the top left it says that I can sign out, meaning I am already signed in...
  6. Cortana error "We're having trouble signing you in"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana error "We're having trouble signing you in": Whever trying to use cortana, I try to sign in, it says "We're having trouble signing you in" but in the 3 dots on the top left it says that I can sign out, meaning I am already signed in...
  7. Cortana error "We're having trouble signing you in"

in Cortana
  8. Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.: How in the world did Microsoft email come into another company? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sorry-but-were-having-trouble-signing-you-in/1892df80-d4dd-4937-81c9-c7456546b187
  9. Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in....: On behalf of Vanessa Badenhorst Pls note I cant get into this website, Sonja could with y credentials from home, so it leaves me to think it maybe an Salt issue? https://eagreements.microsoft.com/AgreementWeb/Download.aspx Troubleshooting details If you contact your...
  10. Sign in Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in. AADSTS50196: The server terminated...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sign in Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in. AADSTS50196: The server terminated...: I have no idea what any of this means. HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-sorry-but-were-having-trouble-signing-you/8bc9e37e-51c4-4f13-b189-60f0eaecf1f6