Windows 10: Updates Flashing the BIOS

Discus and support Updates Flashing the BIOS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yes it was Microsoft Windows turned my laptop on this morning it immediately went to the install updates only options I had was install and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BigRig, Nov 6, 2018.

1. BigRig Win User

Updates Flashing the BIOS

Yes it was Microsoft Windows turned my laptop on this morning it immediately went to the install updates only options I had was install and restart or install and shut down so restarted and the pc immediately flashed the BIOS and now will not boot into windows Computer's an ASUS ROG G-752, anyone else having these issues this week? Better yet how do I fix it?

:)

BigRig, Nov 6, 2018

2. Should I update bios?

Lol, there is still so many myths about flashing bios and people actually believe in them. People, this is 2018, not 1998, bios updates are easy and when file is provided by manufacturer themselves then they do RMA gpus, motherboards, mice and all other devices which failed during flashing.

spectatorx, Nov 6, 2018
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Nov 6, 2018
  4. malware Win User

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Updates Flashing the BIOS - Similar Threads - Updates Flashing BIOS

2. Bios flash help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios flash help.: Windows update flashed my bios now it will not boot. The power light comes on and has black screen. Is there anything I can do? Will you replace my computer? Or am I SOL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-flash-help/78a94137-234e-4f55-8841-0fd240dcf5be
  3. Bios flash help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bios flash help.: Windows update flashed my bios now it will not boot. The power light comes on and has black screen. Is there anything I can do? Will you replace my computer? Or am I SOL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-flash-help/78a94137-234e-4f55-8841-0fd240dcf5be
  4. Updating bios with flash drive safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating bios with flash drive safe?: I've got some issues with a white light on my motherboard and everything seems fine. I can't find anything that is cause it to light up. I have one last thing to try and that is updating my bios. I have a asrock z390 extreme4 motherboard and I'm currently on version P4.00...
  5. Updating bios with flash drive safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating bios with flash drive safe?: I've got some issues with a white light on my motherboard and everything seems fine. I can't find anything that is cause it to light up. I have one last thing to try and that is updating my bios. I have a asrock z390 extreme4 motherboard and I'm currently on version P4.00...
  6. BIOS Flash Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS Flash Update: Hello! Just recently I've been trying to install MSI Drivers for my BIOS. It came with two files that I couldn't simply run through windows. I looked up a video and everyone put the bios update file in a USB Flash Drive. The problem is, I don't have a USB Flash Drive. Can I...
  7. Flash BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash BIOS: Asus z390 Plus Gaming with WI FI. I am not going to do a second upgrade but am tempted because I think there are about 20 updates since my desktop was updated about 2 years ago. There are 2 means to do so; one is with the downloaded cap file within the machine and an...
  8. StopCode 0xc000021a after BIOS flash update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    StopCode 0xc000021a after BIOS flash update: I have an ASRock X370 ITX/ac motherboard and I flashedthe bios to 4.40 to 5.30. After finishing the update now everytime i get the bsod with the stopcode 0xc000021a. It will just throw this stopcode and restart the computer back into my bios, without me doing it. It wont even...
  9. windows update forces bios flashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update forces bios flashing: Hello, I'm using an ASUS GL502vs. Last year june i already had this problem with 1903 windows update flashes my bios why the hell windows should do that, its my hardware, not windows property, especially without my knowledge or consent to replace the 302 version for the...
  10. BIOS Flash

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    BIOS Flash: The laptop asked about flashing the BIOS as a necessary update. After the update the system looks different missing files on Desktop and icons on task bar and it tells me I am on a temporary account. How do I log in to the right account so I can access files and utilities...